Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face Share my Maj alt deck. Reached 300 with only 3 loss

Edited reached 313 with 3 loss
    I started a Maj alt and reached 300ranking with 3 loss. Search name: Kerorro (too sad Keroro is already in use !! dammit)
    (first loss is the very first game..no idea how to mage vs mage lol, other 2 are incredibly close! very nice matches)

Here is my deck list

Majiya

Infernal Gargoyle *4
    Brutalis *4
    Death Mage Thaddeus *4
    Molten Destroyer *3
    Ogloth *2

Fireball *4
    Lightning Strike *4
    Supernova *3

Research *3
    Portal *3
    Sacrificial Lamb *3
    Server Ties *2

Overall style is Portal + fatties
    Key card explanation:

Gargoyle, DMT and Brutalis are early game tanks. They are useful for taking down 4hp ally with Maj's ability

Molten Destroyer and Ogloth are fatties. I choose Molten Destroyer simply because he has 4 attack also you can actually take down 6hp ally with portal. (4attack+1 reflect damage+1 blaze) too GOOD! perfect ally to take down Aeon. Also if enemy hero has weapon then MD will do 5damage.
    Ogloth is good with portal as well. General a big threat. Your opponent must deal with it ASAP and sometimes they will use Crippling Blow or Captured Prey then later game huehuehuehuehue..... 1 hit KO LOL

Fireball,Lightning Strike and Supernova : no need to explain. Core cards for every single mage deck.

Research: It's only good in late game.. early to mid game you won't have enough resource to use it !

Sacrificial Lamb : Purely OP card. In most cases it's superior than research. Sacrificial Lamb should be auto included in most shadow decks, sadly most people don't realize that yet. It's a hard counter to warrior, Eladwen and Wulven. CB? no problem, Captured ? no problem freeze my fattie/Gargoyle? no problem.
    Even normal case, mid to late game sacrifice 3cc ally for 3 cards is always GOOD.
    With portal in play, SL is even more OP. DMT/Gargoyle attack, sacrifice for 3cards. It's very likely you will draw an ally again then cast it, attack again. or draw fatties/Fireball/Lighting which is even better.

Portal : Core card, theme of this deck.

Server Ties: Super good vs warrior and Wulven. Can achieve Ogloth BOMB with this.

Overall gameplay

Stage1 T1-T4: kill 4hp ally.
    Kill enemy first 4hp ally. It's easy for Maj. Brutalis, DMT, Gargoyle ,Fireball etc. Try not lose too much hp in early game.

Stage2 T4-T6: setup portal.
    Cast portal. Normally it's T4~T6

Stage3 T6~T8: fatties time
    Cast fatties with portal (well if you don't have portal it's still ok...just significantly weaker)
    Key point is always try to setup portal first.
    E.g you have 5 recourse and MD + Portal + Ogloth in your hand. In this case please use portal instead of MD. Then next turn use MD or Ogloth depends on situation.

Stage4: T8+: Burn
    Just like most other mage deck, at late game, change focus from board control to nuke hero.
    Feel free to use SL to sacrifice any 3cc ally at this stage of game. 3 cards > 3cc ally
    Portal is super good in late game too. All allies become nuke spell.

This deck is very consistent. Generally minimal luck involved. However since every card is good. It's hard to decide which card to sacrifice in early game. (except Server tie) Tons of low cost cards, however to reach it's full power it requires at 6+ resources (6 is still low, normally you want 8+ resources).

July update
    I have modified this deck to a actually standard portal one and it works great.

Bad Wolf *4
    Brutalis *3
    Death Mage Thaddeus *4
    Shadow Knight *4
    Belladonna *2

Fireball *4
    Lightning Strike *4
    Supernova *2

Research *4
    Portal *4
    Sacrificial Lamb *2
    Shriek of Vengeance *2
    Acid Jet *2

Last edited by stevevai1983; 07-12-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Curious deck. Have to try it.
    Why don't you use usual Portal cutie allies like Belladonna or Brutal Minotaur?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Curious deck. Have to try it.
    Why don't you use usual Portal cutie allies like Belladonna or Brutal Minotaur?
    Belladonna rely on portal completely. I don't always have portal at the right time.
    Brutal Minotaur deals 2 damage to yourself...It's bad. I don't have any armor or even DOU. Every HP is precious.
    Also without portal Brutal Minotaur is not that good.

However DM is versatile. Even without portal it's a good ally with no drawback. 5HP is very tanky too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good work and of course thx for sharing. The only thing that is really questionable for me is your lack of Shriek of Vengeance. Its seem to me as a vital card for Mayija and even a reason to choose her over Eladwen.

Its just seems problematic if your opponent is able keep up with you. But if you can crippel your opponents draw engine,portel, etc. you might have much better chances against other mages, rouges and bainbow which I see often these days.

No critic, just some free thoughts.
    Last edited by Larus; 03-22-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting take on portal maj. No bella, knight, lln or shriek? Quite a divergence!

Your argument for lamb has me sold At least in this human heavy meta (amber, lance, elad). Also decent vs poison arrow, where bane often counts on that extra tick during the disable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleverb0t View Post
    Interesting take on portal maj. No bella, knight, lln or shriek? Quite a divergence!

Your argument for lamb has me sold At least in this human heavy meta (amber, lance, elad). Also decent vs poison arrow, where bane often counts on that extra tick during the disable.
    You are right. SL win games. No joking. If you watch my replay you will see SL REALLY WIN GAMES!
    I didn't put shriek because no room and this deck need high resources.. that -1 resource drawback really hurts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the lack of both Minotaur and Plasma Behemoth will probably hurt this deck in the future.

You have Portal yet you don't have the power to properly use it. Portaled t8 PB hurts.

Regarding Brutal Minotaur: I can trade 6 health off my opponent for additional fire and 2 health off me. 6 health not something to laugh at.

Ogloth I don't really understand. Portal decks are usually trying to explode with sick amounts of pure damage in the opponent's face(except Human Portal decks, those control). Ogloth doesn't really do that.

One Sever Ties is probably enough because most of the time you want to use it to kill Enrage anyway. It can also be a tech choice against Gwen but in that case I would prefer Acid Jet anyway.

I like the SL there, it's cool.
    Last edited by Airact; 03-23-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I think the lack of both Minotaur and Plasma Behemoth will probably hurt this deck in the future.

You have Portal yet you don't have the power to properly use it. Portaled t8 PB hurts.

Regarding Brutal Minotaur: I can trade 6 health off my opponent for additional fire and 2 health off me. 6 health not something to laugh at.

Ogloth I don't really understand. Portal decks are usually trying to explode with sick amounts of pure damage in the opponent's face(except Human Portal decks, those control). Ogloth doesn't really do that.

One Sever Ties is probably enough because most of the time you want to use it to kill Enrage anyway. It can also be a tech choice against Gwen but in that case I would prefer Acid Jet anyway.

I like the SL there, it's cool.
    I first started with PB rather than DM. But it's not working because PB only has 3damage... it's really hard to get 8resources...

Anyway i might reconsider Brutal Minotaur the reason i didnt use it: Brutal Minotaur is weak without portal.

Server ties is mainly against warriors... remove CB can win games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    I first started with PB rather than DM. But it's not working because PB only has 3damage... it's really hard to get 8resources...

Anyway i might reconsider Brutal Minotaur the reason i didnt use it: Brutal Minotaur is weak without portal.

Server ties is mainly against warriors... remove CB can win games
    From my experience of Portal Majiyaing, I have found it fairly easy to reach 8 resources. 4x Research and start drawin' shit. t5-6(even 4 if I have board control) Portal -> Bella, Minotaur, PB.

Minotaur weak without Portal? 6 health draws a lot of fire. If you fear Lance, tech against it a bit more and hold your big allies until you have Portal to not get Raven'd to death. Even Bella is very usable without Portal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck looks very solid diferent from most portal decks but I see how it can work (very well). Thanks for sharing! I think I'll try this one later on
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein