Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FarqTheOrc View Post
    Recommend 2 oracle in addition to IGG. Works great with EP too, drawing 2 cards again the second time it dies, right?
    Yep, you also get a 4/4 ally in the bargain.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if you can use Aeon's ability on EP it'll survive a supernova

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mclamdc View Post
    if you can use Aeon's ability on EP it'll survive a supernova
    Nice point but then we're talking t8.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes, my key issues are finding more draw, and dealing with board control loss. kinda common issues.

So far i have completely removed all ptol and recon. I added 3 night shade and 3 assasinations which at times have been very helpful.

i also added 2-3 honored dead, but frankly it is another "late game" draw.

tainted oracle seems like an excellent idea, and i will try to incorporate it into my deck. The suggestion is appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated deck again: removed retreats and rebalanced cards.
    Last edited by Junk Style; 04-06-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Update:

Won 11 games strait with the deck. Lost to eladawen. I went second and didn't get spell eaters. Next game i beat an eladwen... sigh.

Considering making the deck a 41 card deck and using 3 spell eater bands, but that is a slight modification to account for the meta.

I also really enjoy that the ally cards are pretty much in 3s.

I have also come to the conclusion that i use jasmines ability enough to justify its use over potl. the charm (which i use more often than i have in any other deck prior to this one) combined with the fact that she is 4 health rather than 3, seems to justify her use. Sometimes it would be nice to remove shadow energy though.

Lastly... i'll just say assassins shroud is a pretty cool card... shame it isn't worth using from what i can tell.
    Last edited by Junk Style; 04-06-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i'm curious why you aren't running raven. that seems like a perfect card for lance's ability

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated deck:
    Deck is working better than it ever has. Went 11 games strait with it, and I'm averaging around 90% win rate (cant tell for sure, maybe higher maybe lower)

Regardless, the spell eater bands are definately worth the space, and in some ways i want to add a 3rd. However i feel that as they are so meta based, I will leave it at 2 and just suggest players add one if necessary.

The biggest issue the deck has right now is Bad Santa. Currently i rarely use it. If i have a 2 drop (puwen ore nightshade), i will use it over BS. Frankly, since i already have 6 2 drops... i'm considering just cutting out BS all together. The thing is that i find that i never use BS until i dont have it, and then im in dire need of it t2 when i dont have it. That said i am going to go up to 7 t2 allies (adding night shade) and removing one BS.

Now, another issue with the 3 Bad santas, are that i want to keep my tech cards at 15. I am a strong believe that holding to around 19 allies 15 tech and 5 weapons is the most balanced approach to a deck (with obvious exceptions to solo decks and such. dropping 3 tech and going down to twelve may be ok, but i wouldn't want to just add 3 allies.
    Thus these options are what i am considering in exchange for dropping the last two bad santas (as one removed will be for a nightshade): 2 recon, 1 AB and 1 spell eater band, and any combination of these 4.. 1 anklebreaker/spell eater with 1 aldon/puwen.

Frankly... it seems so much easier to just keep the bad santas... but the reality is I end up using them at best once every 12-14 games... and thats not much at all.

recon is a very good card but is inherently a card that should be used mid to late game, it would clearly be auto sac if it came up early, but would certainly be better than bad santa late game in most situations. Adding the AB and SEB together puts the deck to heavy on weapons and armors in my opinion and could create very bad draws. Thus the best seems to be one weapon/armor and one ally...

For now however, i will be using two recon, so that i can try to tell which ally i will want to have more, and which armor/weapon is most needed.
    Last edited by Junk Style; 04-08-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers Shadow View Post
    i'm curious why you aren't running raven. that seems like a perfect card for lance's ability
    wow...i edited out my very long answer to you rather than making a new post just now in the post above... i hope you had a chance to read it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i did. thanks for the response. makes sense