Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance deck work in progress...ya'll can just call it Earth and thunder lance or w/e

Edit: current deck

1x Lance

20 allies

4x Jasmine
    4x Nightshade
    3x Aldon
    3x Puwen
    3x Earthen Protecto
    3x Aeon

14 tech

4x Assassination
    2x Recon
    4x Stop Theif
    4x IGG

5 armor/weapon

2x Spelleater bands
    3x Ankle breaker

40 cards

Deck is almost finalized. Perhaps its my play style or the deck now having 7 2cc allies, but bad santa was simply never getting used, and i have therefore replaced it. I will use 2 recon until i decided it is better to replace them with 1 weapon/armor and 1 ally. which weapon and which ally to choose will hopefully be more apparent as i play with the recons. That said recon can be an excellent mid to late game card, especially when you are playing out fatties. In my first game so far with recon, seeing my opponents hand was very useful and i just barely defeated an eladawen using bazaar and portal (which was surprisingly stronk).
    Last edited by Junk Style; 04-08-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another evil card against this: DoU
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not sure about Assassination... It relies on you having an ally alive, which is not always the case; plus if you can keep a 3-drop alive, you can just kill any mid-sized ally with that ally. Also since you already have Aldon, Recon seems a bit redundant. I'd take out most Assassinations and all the Recon, and max out on Ill-Gotten Gains, Priestess of the Light and Anklebreaker.

I actually prefer Earthen Protector over Raven. It's again that argument: many great allies in the game have 4 health, and Earthen is the only human ally with 4 attack. T4 IGG into T5 Earthen killing their Jasmine is a strong play, and is one that Raven couldn't do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Assassination is good when you have Nightshade, otherwise, not so good. Helps with the Worms and other big creatures.

I run 3x Raven and 2x Earthen Protector, so I have the best of both worlds. Raven is harder to kill and she can one shot those Worms too, but I enjoy having both.

I play a 40 card Lance and I have 3x Assassinations, but I'm tinkering with those spots. Black Garb is something I've tried with mixed results. Never really tried Recon, Honored Dead or Retreat.
    Last edited by Fugetaboutit; 03-22-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why did I never think of an Earthen Aeon combo? I would replace the Recons and an IGG with Raven, but that may just be because i've used her for so long it doesn't feel right not putting her in haha. Maybe put in Marshland instead of Raven if you really want to be different!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe that against maj or elad, they coudl super nova and then use there skill on aeon, and that would effectively remove the two cards. Protector doesn't protect against a nova (almost positive but i admit no one has done it to me yet.. weird right?)

Thus its best to have a third ally on the board if your enemy maj/elad have their shadow skill up i would think.

I have considering running raven as well, but so far the scariest part of this deck is its lack off cc and draw cards. It already has a boat load of allies, and it has lots of high cost cards. I am trying to fit in some useful low cost cards atm. That is my real reason that i have not considered raven. i recently had a game with a bad draw of 5 and 6 cc cards for my first hand, i got beaten up all game, until i finally starting getting earthen and aldon out. The guy even used that priest card and dropped me down to three resources twice, however once earth was out it was gg.

If i wasn't so universally against universal card draw, i would throw in bazaar and ravens and just go all out ally beat down, but against mages that can go really badly.

Lastly, i will note that Jasmine has not seen much use so far considering how powerful she can be. I think she may be a worthy sacrifice for a different card if such a card could allow for better early control.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    Another evil card against this: DoU
    i certainly wouldn't argue against this, but DOU has several weaknesses to it, and rogue decks pretty much always carry 4 stop thief's which handles then well.
    Last edited by Junk Style; 03-22-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, I tried using GB before (switched to Lance now) and, just to let you know, Supernova does null EP's ability... had the pleasure of using it myself once... and the displeasure of still dying the next turn because it was just too damn late, hahaha. This is a killer deck, I'm debating with myself which would be the better 5cc to keep... Raven or EP? Raven does well against Infernals, PB, Ogloth and well, just about any other bugger out there... but EP's fantastic against death dealers like Mages & Boris...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Currently considering the place of jasmine and PotL in my deck. More to the point, while i like removing shadow energy and gaining health from Potl, there is a lack of balance with this deck. There just arent enough useful tech cards for early game. I either draw huge amounts of allies or get ridiculous bad draws full of IGG and Stop theif without any allies.

Trying to rebalance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Am I correct in that lll Gotten Gains is your only draw? Might want to try Tainted Oracle or something similar.

Also, if your looking to survive mage attacks, look at Raven Wildheart. There's nothing like using Lance's ability on a Raven Wildheart T5 to take back board control.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, but doesnt nova and fireball or nova and elad ability clear EP and Aeon without him being resurrected?

Also is recon really worth it. I play rogue but havent used it myself...

Recommend 2 oracle in addition to IGG. Works great with EP too, drawing 2 cards again the second time it dies, right?
    Last edited by FarqTheOrc; 03-26-2012 at 09:41 PM.