Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question [Q] New Player - What to Buy?

Hello!

So I've played a few AI games now (I'm at level 5) and have some doubt on how I should spend my Shadow Points. I made the account quite a long time ago, but haven't played more than a couple of matches until last week. I chose Amber Rain to start, but then bought Boris Skullcrusher because I liked his ability more than Amber's. The only other cards I have bought are Mournblade and Plate Armor, simply because I thought they'd be interesting.

Since then, I looked through the strategy threads and learned what decks should look like, but I'm unsure which heroes to choose. It is like this: I have 200 points that I can spend. I like the idea of playing a priest (from my WoW times), plus I think it suits my playstyle being a bit more defensive with the heals and dispells, and was thinking to buy the pre-made deck, then follow suggestions here on what to spend my gold on. I have, however, seen recommendations to buy the same class you started with, but from the shadow faction deck to begin with, so here comes my question: should I go for shadow warrior, considering I enjoy playing Boris, or see if I do a better job with the priest? Then, if I end up with 2 decks, should I try to buy cards and use them both or should I only focus on one?

I know it's quite a long read, so thank you in advance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play a Boris deck as well and it is certainly one of the BEST heroes of shadow era.
    I was in the same situation as you a few weeks ago and i bought a warrior starter pack to boost my current deck in terms of cards and abilities.
    And in my opinion i would say to focus on one hero for now, make him stronger, climb the ranks when ready and then you switch on to other heroes and decks, besides priests are very tough to master for beginners especially. Look around in this New Players sub forum, you can find almost all of your questions answered here.
    Cheers!..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should do some math first of the cards you want to play with in each scenario. Find a deck list somewhere (I'm sure it's here somewhere if you ask) of the exact cards you get in the deck and go from there to see which is more plausible. The one thing you might not want to do is build 2 VERY mediocre decks that you never win with (and gain gold) and that'll just discourage you IMO.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is up to you on what you want to play and what play style makes you comfortable. If you want a fast and easy deck, play eladwen. Easiest class to play for sure are mages. Just look up some decklists here http://www.shadowera.com/forumdisplay.php?15-Strategy and read before you make it because the play style might not fit yours. Do your research before making decks because sometimes when you copy a deck, you find it very difficult to play. H

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I recommend working on your Amber deck. It may not seem like it, but you'll realize she has one of the strongest abilities in the game. Like others have said though, if you want to play an easier deck, mages are the way to go.
    A1 Vitality
    A1's Assassin

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I started with Boris too. He was fun to play. Getting an aeon out back then is almost guaranty win against AI.
    Then I moved on to Elad. Definitely recommend playing Elad. She is very easy to play, if you consider playing her read though this
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....lad+frost+burn
    btw, Misplaced is now Shrine of Negatia

If you want to gain gold as quick as you can I recommend Kentuequi's deck

Zaladar
    4 spark
    4 fire snake
    4 hellsteed
    1 flayers
    4 shard of power
    4 blood lust
    4 shriek
    4 bad santa

This is the fastest deck I know. You could win as fast as turn 4.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!" - Barney Stinson
    "Ah Gravity, Thou Art A Heartless Bitch." - Sheldon Cooper

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    I recommend working on your Amber deck. It may not seem like it, but you'll realize she has one of the strongest abilities in the game. Like others have said though, if you want to play an easier deck, mages are the way to go.
    While Amber's ability is better in the long run, until you can afford multiple copies of weapons, Boris may be the way to go.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre201118 View Post
    While Amber's ability is better in the long run, until you can afford multiple copies of weapons, Boris may be the way to go.
    Boris is certainly a solid hero, especially in the lower rankings. Mind you, I'm using him up around 280 and still having significant success. He is definitely cheaper than Amber (A single Jeweler's Dream will set you back almost 500 gold currently).

My recommendation is to get another human warrior deck, shadow warrior, OR if you just want the gold, Elemental decks sell for the most.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!