Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Santa Bomb was a great expression referring to ONE particulary situation when you take all the benefit of Bad Santa. A SantaBomb is define by the fact you're getting an unilateral draw from the card Bad Santa. Most particulary, it can refer at playing it on T2, playing first & using a 1cc ally while the opponent don't.

You'll hardly imo find ONE situation where Sac Lamb was greatly used better than any other one.
    Sac Lamb is always unilateral, so it will always give you the same card advantage (for a 3 cost ally).

Indeed you can find cases of "Free" Sac Lamb.
    I'd say the best use of Sac Lamb is when the ally is gonna die for FREE, or, if the death of the ally will give the opponent more benefit to him than if i kill it myself (like killed by a Soul Seeker)
    In particulary: There is an Evil Ascendant on the opponent field and my 3cc DTM is at 1 hp.

After that, you can find situations where it's greatly combined with Wotf, Oglie, low hp future dead, ok...
    But there is no ONE particulary situation that you can define.

And the point is that to 'invent' a Word, you need an exact definition of the word.
    So i'm not sure your Lamb Slam will find the success of Santa Bomb

So I'll just keep using Sac Lamb unless you can give an exact non debatable definition of a situation where i could find an easier word.
    Waiting for this, i don't think i'm gonna Lamb Slam anything where everyone will understand that i Sac Lambed something :P or maybe i'll Lamb Sac it.
    And if i FreeLamb Sac somethin. I'll just Freelamb sac it. LoL.

PS: Blanket, you're crasy, you know that don't you ? :P

Even Trolls Considered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like it so much that I may even use it just casting a fireball.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    for the record... although this is way back on page 3... I dont this sac lamb is a bad card at all.

However, when i tested its use in a maj deck for example, i found it unnecessary and it ended up being a waste of a card given that i ran 4 research and 4 wulven trackers (and maj ability).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Or just slam the opponent with the lamb chop you're hiding under the table when playing with physical cards.
    If some clever young technologically gifted person could waste a few minutes of their life and create some sort of photoshop/flash video of the situation you just described I would literally die of laughter..."LAMB SLAM...OH YEAH!!!! (think voice of Randy the "Macho Man" Savage).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosMistress View Post
    The "Lamb Slam". Amazingly sexy name for something so brutal for the opponent, lol
    That is freaky. Not what you said but the fact that you're using an avatar that I used before (A1-Avatar.jpg), that your location description was similar to mine before ("right behind you") and that you're in AA1 currently and I had the same things when I was in A1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The official voice for "LAMB SLAM" is the Unreal Tournament one when saying "RAMPAGE".

Here you can hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4VmVwd24c

Credits go to Sisyphos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Those were pretty disheartening for the opponent in DotA.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To speak to the earlier point of Sac Lamb being "situational" I think BlanketEffect is dead right. The situational opportunities for sac lamb are COMMON. I have no way or proving this because I'm a statistical moron but I would argue that LS has at least as many favorable vs. unfavorable situations as BS. For example, in most close games where board control is contested (maybe your opponent has a slight advantage) and you are both low on cards...how are you feeling about BS at that point? Compare that to the likelihood that you are playing a close game (maybe your opponent has a slight advantage) and you have something on the board that is injured...

I fell into the same misconception on the test server after trying (and failing) to use it as a draw engine. I ran into difficulties and looked elsewhere. But if you think of it as counter to control cards it becomes one of the more useful ingredients in the cocktail of good deckcraft. Couple that with the fact that it is still (weeks in) under appreciated and thus underutilized in the 1.5 quickmatch meta and you have a card that more people should be considering.
    Last edited by Oblio91; 03-22-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHBK View Post
    The official voice for "LAMB SLAM" is the Unreal Tournament one when saying "RAMPAGE".

Here you can hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4VmVwd24c

Credits go to Sisyphos.
    I'm down with that...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lamb slammin' is awesome. I have lamb slammed for 4 in my banebow against crippling blow and there is nothing sweeter. Mmm, lamb slam.