Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by adam2003 View Post
    then dont put that many allys ond your deck serena can kill without lot of creeps and can discard oponent..really easy to beat mages
    there are more rogues than lance on SE =)
    Well my first Serena deck was less allies and more weapons focused. However the game is so much about board control, so this deck wasnt very successful... Stealing a card when opponent has 3 allies out and u have none doesnt help much.

You see if they hold the board they clear their hand each turn. If u hold the board they will have cards in hand.

So i went more ally focused, with good results. Id rather just tweak to beat mages.

Ive indeed added 2 Sandworm's and 2 Night Prowler with promising results so far.

Otherwise i may well try Honored Dead.
    Last edited by FarqTheOrc; 03-20-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It seems that Lance rely a lot on who play first, mostly because he have no heal & and he lacks damages so he rely entirely on board control.
    While he have great tools to get it, it takes time to use them when he go second.
    Against mages if they go first, they have a good chance to burn you at the moment or just after you get the board.
    Still, it seems that you should try to destroy their draw with 4xStop thief.
    Serena can be good against mages because she can hurt their draw & even the cards in their hands.

With Lance, i think you should try to get some healing with Potl &/or HD &/or Crimson. Every HP counts because you usually close with their HP when the game is over.
    Thought, Crimson take time to comes out & it 'may' be too late already.

Even Trolls Considered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    my maj just instantly loss to a EP +Aeon combo on turns 5-6.

The game was virtually over once that happened. Killed the aeon once but quit right after.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mage are annoying, mostly because their attacks are unavoidable.
    (or almost. spelleater is expensive to play and mostly useless against other heroes.
    sandworms survive but what do they do for you, really?). Above all, Mages are booooring.

back on topic. Lance going first can rush/deathrace (Maj esp.).
    against elad, you need some protectors around. Otherwise, bye-bye.
    I'm testing having a few assassination, only for Aeon. Goind 2nd is really hard.
    I'm still experimenting. you really have to save your ability for life-death situation, learned that the hard way

Honored dead is great but your window for playing it is small. If you're ahead you don't need it.
    if not, this is probably a desperate move.

I find the main problem is setting up a drawing engine. IGG or Stop thief first against research on T4 ?

Crimson vest : how often do you use it when you haven't won already ?
    only useful during a fight for board, at which point other cards are often more useful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FarqTheOrc View Post
    1. Radiant Sunlight, why wouldn't this work? I can usually fight for board control up until around turn 8, when the mage's SECOND use of their ability comes up again. If I can force that out to t10, maybe my Aeon might live a moment longer...

5. Spelleater Bands - I understand they don't protect me from Lightning or Fireballs, right? Then what exactly are they going to save me from apart from plasma bolts and whatever it is Thaddeus does when he's angry, now that Eladwen can't target me directly anymore anyway...
    Farq the Orc
    1. Radiant Sunlight is a powerful card, don't get me wrong. But it is quite inconsistent. The fact that you NEED to play it at a certain point to counter Eladwen, and need other cards like Aeon and EP in your hand, makes it very situational.

5. Spelleater bands protects you against ALL ability damage. Lightning strikes and fireballs, even supernovas, deal you ZERO damage.(they are mage ability cards) It's really an MVP. The weenie rush to burn plan just crumples and I assemble an ally force. They are forced to burn my allies whilst desperately drawing for their LLN (if they have any at all)
    Portal Majiya is more difficult though. Destroy their portals with Stop Thief.
    Last edited by SpeakerOfTruth; 03-28-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I found 2-3 Sandworm and 2 Nightprowler helps A LOT vs mage.

Didn't realize spelleaters stop damage from CARDS... as it reads I only thought hero abilities.... That's frigging awesome, ill give them a try!

Anyway sandworms really are good since they force mage to use their ability AND nova plus they are immune to DoU.

I often beat mages with a few health left. Fun games. Depends a lot if I can steal their Tome early, t4 or t5 is quite ok, and if they don't get another.

Farq The Orc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Style View Post
    my maj just instantly loss to a EP +Aeon combo on turns 5-6.

The game was virtually over once that happened. Killed the aeon once but quit right after.
    Are there ways to beat that, eg assassinate off a fresh Kris, or Raven and AB, or indeed Black Garb?

My main problem with mages is the early rush. I can assassinate 1 ally but I've still taken 12 - 15 damage by the time I cleared the board, if they went first...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    when they go first, it's hard. The key is try not lose too many hp in early game.

normally i am aiming for a T6 Aeon. Aeon is only useful when you cast him early.
    so T1~T3 get Nightshade, Aldon or Jasmine.. they are just meat shield. you don't expect them to live..
    T4 IGG or TO to get extra cards or Stop thief! to destroy Research
    T5 Anklebreaker to either discard enemy or kill a 4hp ally
    T6 Aeon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerOfTruth View Post
    1. Radiant Sunlight is a powerful card, don't get me wrong. But it is quite inconsistent. The fact that you NEED to play it at a certain point to counter Eladwen, and need other cards like Aeon and EP in your hand, makes it very situational.

5. Spelleater bands protects you against ALL ability damage. Lightning strikes and fireballs, even supernovas, deal you ZERO damage.(they are mage ability cards) It's really an MVP. The weenie rush to burn plan just crumples and I assemble an ally force. They are forced to burn my allies whilst desperately drawing for their LLN (if they have any at all)
    Portal Majiya is more difficult though. Destroy their portals with Stop Thief.
    Speaker, stop thief doesn't get rid of portal (I know it because I play a majiya portal deck)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    then you don't know it because stop thief can destroy any item