Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

About games hanging - is this a connection problem?

There have been some games where the screen hangs. I can't even move the screen camera or bring down the menu.Rarely, it resumes. Most of the time it just hangs for very long (a minute or more), followed by my sudden defeat. In v1.29 whenever there was a connection problem there would be a 30 second timer displayed. Is this feature still there? If it is, why doesn't it appear? Is this a connection problem?
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, you will still get the no Wi-Fi icon if the client cannot contact the server and you're going to be timed out. If it's just completely freezing up and hangs like that, it doesn't seem to be network connection related.

Try the general troubleshooting steps below, individually, and let us know if the problem persists. Please include your device model, what version of Android you're running, and mention if it's stock or a custom rom. Also, is this happening in AI, multiplayer matches, or both?

1) Restart your device.
    2) Closing any unused apps and/or services will help with performance problems.
    3) Uninstall Shadow Era and then reinstall it. Ensure you're installing from the Play Store(previously known as Android Market) or from our download page.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see, thanks for the reply! I'll let you know of any updates to this situation.

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright, just wanna say that it certainly helped. The lag occurs very rarely now, and usually does not last more than approx. 10 seconds.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome! While Shadow Era doesn't push the absolute limits of fidelity, it can be a performance intensive game on certain devices, not to mention unidentified performance issues. So while we will work on improving the code to be more efficient, there are certainly some basic steps players can take to help the game run better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Reposting here:

I have noticed what causes my game to freeze every time. Not sure if it's just my device, but when ever the connection drops or I enter/leave WiFi range it causes the game to freeze on my HTC phone. This also happens when I lose signal (like trying to play a quick match on a train to/from work when they go into a tunnel). When the connection drops out it used to give sync errors and time outs and such, but now it lags before crashing completely with the 1.5 update.

I have removed and reinstalled the app a couple of times with no change.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this problem bother me too, freeze randomly, if i am lucky, i could play 3-4 games, if not, freeze every game, because that, my rating had dropped from 310+ to 270+. this issue never happen in former version, only happen in 1.503. my device is samsun galaxy tap p100, system is andriod 2.1. reboot will give a little help, but can fix the issue.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

lock up problems

I just got the game yesterday and I am having lockup issues. I have played it twice (Motorola Xoom) and both times during my first game it has locked up and nothing in the game would respond. Both times I have gotten the application is not responding message and have forced it to close.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't play an entire party without freeze. I have re install and test in wifi.
    HTC one X Android 4 :'(

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by neo.51 View Post
    I can't play an entire party without freeze. I have re install and test in wifi.
    HTC one X Android 4 :'(
    Wow!
    I'm so jealous
    You already got your hands on One X