Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck feels a bit too slow to do anything against the likes of Portal Maj and Lance.

Also having 3x Dimension Ripper with 2x Enrage, 3x Aeon, 3x EP, 3x Smashing Blow just feels like you want to be in Vegas all the time. I don't blame you, gambling can be real fun if you know what you are doing.

You play your DR. He steals an Aeon from you and plays it. Your deck is just a bit too slow to threaten to go for the throat so he has pretty much a free reign to play the thing. So now you are against a 3/8 Protector + possibly his other allies. The only thing you can do is CB it and then start hammering the thing in order to get in touch with the rest of his stuff. This wastes both your weapons and your time and lets him do as he pleases for at least a turn.

Similar scenario with EP: You can't really one-shot it easily. You can't CB it either because it still has it's ability going so it, as well, is going to be a major waste of time and durability for you.

Smashing Blow and Enrage steals are pretty obvious for what they can do to you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by riffalo View Post
    I had a game when i stole two tomes in a row; and my opp stole a smashing blow + a crippling blow...
    Quite common....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    The deck feels a bit too slow to do anything against the likes of Portal Maj and Lance.

Also having 3x Dimension Ripper with 2x Enrage, 3x Aeon, 3x EP, 3x Smashing Blow just feels like you want to be in Vegas all the time. I don't blame you, gambling can be real fun if you know what you are doing.

You play your DR. He steals an Aeon from you and plays it. Your deck is just a bit too slow to threaten to go for the throat so he has pretty much a free reign to play the thing. So now you are against a 3/8 Protector + possibly his other allies. The only thing you can do is CB it and then start hammering the thing in order to get in touch with the rest of his stuff. This wastes both your weapons and your time and lets him do as he pleases for at least a turn.

Similar scenario with EP: You can't really one-shot it easily. You can't CB it either because it still has it's ability going so it, as well, is going to be a major waste of time and durability for you.

Smashing Blow and Enrage steals are pretty obvious for what they can do to you.
    Well, very well point. The game is about gambling.

Right now, every deck has weakness that can not overcome by skills, it always good vs some deck and has trouble with others. That's how they "balanced" game which I can't say it is a good way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly, this deck still is highly competitive vs Mages, I still use basically this same list with a few modifications to allies depending on how I feel when I play it. It could probably be tweaked for slightly higher win rates vs certain match-ups, but in general it works well.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's an old thread! very old ! I posted this at the early stage of 1.5. Now you need to do few tweaks to make it work
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtang View Post
    Well, very well point. The game is about gambling.

Right now, every deck has weakness that can not overcome by skills, it always good vs some deck and has trouble with others. That's how they "balanced" game which I can't say it is a good way.
    totally disagree. Now i think player skill is 70% (mainly sacrifice skill, predict what would happen after few turns), deck building is 30% only
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How could you predict what would happen, even so, you still can not react to it if you did not drop the card you need. Sac skill it very important, but still basing on Gambling consider MAX of about 11% drawing one card in the point you need.

80% game that I lose, it not I sac something wrong but just the right card does not come or does not come in right time. It just one round different and it is pure luck. I did not draw a useless card, that's a bad deck, but draw a useful card at wrong time, that's bad luck.

But if you paying Mage, then skills does play much more important row, that's what I agree, you can plan, predict and do much more base on the nature of Mage cards. That's why Majiay is so powerful.

And Amber with DP is good against Mage of course, very high chance drawing there ability if they're ability based.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtang View Post
    How could you predict what would happen, even so, you still can not react to it if you did not drop the card you need. Sac skill it very important, but still basing on Gambling consider MAX of about 11% drawing one card in the point you need.

80% game that I lose, it not I sac something wrong but just the right card does not come or does not come in right time. It just one round different and it is pure luck. I did not draw a useless card, that's a bad deck, but draw a useful card at wrong time, that's bad luck.

But if you paying Mage, then skills does play much more important row, that's what I agree, you can plan, predict and do much more base on the nature of Mage cards. That's why Majiay is so powerful.

And Amber with DP is good against Mage of course, very high chance drawing there ability if they're ability based.
    After i constantly practicing with real good players and listen to their opinions (e.g A1 youanthe1, A1 DollMaster, Ka vact, A1 lyingdragon and more highly skilled players.. ) now i believe player skill is at least 70%. Basically they all use very similar decks but i have a very very low win ratio !
    btw my skill also improve hugely after practicing with them almost everyday...
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Player skill, and experience, make the difference most visibly and dynamically when starting with a non-ideal hand and/or a disadvantageous match-up. Also, knowing how and what to gamble on in SE is a big part of that skill and experience.

It's important to remember that probability is a prediction of chances, but each individual game of SE you play will most likely not resemble the probability of your deck giving you X card by turn Y. Over the course of all your games, your numbers should average out to be roughly equal to probability, but it's still never something you can depend on.

Sometimes everything goes exactly right, sometimes nothing goes right, but in between those two rare occurrences, it's your skill and experience that will win you the most games.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    Player skill, and experience, make the difference most visibly and dynamically when starting with a non-ideal hand and/or a disadvantageous match-up. Also, knowing how and what to gamble on in SE is a big part of that skill and experience.

It's important to remember that probability is a prediction of chances, but each individual game of SE you play will most likely not resemble the probability of your deck giving you X card by turn Y. Over the course of all your games, your numbers should average out to be roughly equal to probability, but it's still never something you can depend on.

Sometimes everything goes exactly right, sometimes nothing goes right, but in between those two rare occurrences, it's your skill and experience that will win you the most games.
    I think that I have to clear that why I say the game is almost pure luck in some point. That's because the draw has a extremely impact in the game, a 10% chance happening thing determining the win or lose, that's why I say it is almost pure luck. Of course planning well help you increase chance of winning, but still in a very close match up, I can easy tell that I win or lose just because : I planed so, and plus I get (or not get) the card that full fill my plans.

You can't depend on the right card come on right time but you have to depend on it for most hero. Think about why Mage is so powerful? One good example is Mage has Fire ball and nuke, lighting ball, you don't have one but you might have another to react to opponent allies what every it is.

But what card can Banebow use to against Aoen? Some class just have too limited option so you have to depend on the draw in deep.

By the way, depend on the hero you playing raw occurrences as you said above, is from 15%-30% (add up by you get bad draw or you opponent getting a very good draw).

Also, drawing a X card in Turn Y is can be very easily calculated, assume that draw is really random, by using: the copys of X card in the deck/(total deck-1). -1 means the hero, which give you a max of 4/39=10.2564%

The chance of you did not draw a X card in a sum of Y draws is also petty high, just input date into (1-4/39)^Y you will get it. It is about 1/3 of even 10 draw- count for 3-5 rounds.

Base on above, I can easily tell how the draw is important for the game. I said it is at least 70% it is for reason.
    Last edited by Qtang; 05-11-2012 at 09:54 AM.