Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face V1.5 320 Rank Amber Rain deck ~~~~~

I just stopped my 17 winning streak against 300+ppl (lost to warrior enemy Jericho Spellbane!)
    Hero Leaderboard 1.5 by soothslyr
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....eaderboard-1-5

At the beginning of V1.5, i use rush style warrior deck to get to 270 then stucked.
    After that i tried many different heroes like priests. I actually wasted that sweet time for rushing rank (where you could gain 5~10+ rank per game)
    After i finally come back to Amber Rain with around 280rank, I already only gain 1~3rank per game
    I feel very comfortable with this deck, time to share it!

Amber Rain

Jasmine Rosecult *4
    Puwen Bloodhelm *4
    Aldon the Brave *3
    Tainted Oracle *2
    Earthen Protector *3
    Aeon Stormcaller *3

Smashing Blow*3
    Enrage *2
    Crippling Blow *4
    Blood Frenzy *4
    Dimension Ripper *3
    Jeweler's Dream *4

As you can see, nothing fancy here....maybe except for 3 Dimension Ripper LOL.
    Overall this deck is mid game deck, not rush style. However generally game still end before turn 10.
    Now i will explain each card choice.

Jasmine Rosecult: I tested Priest of Light. I have to say in this deck Jasmine Rosecult >>>>> Priest of Light.
    3HP is too squish and Jasmine Rosecult's ability works extremely well with Jeweler's Dream. It's so sad Priest of Light
    even die to Puwen+Aldon, so even you play first you still at risk to lose it at turn 3, when you play second it's even worse.

Puwen Bloodhelm: solid 2cc cards. Sometimes you want to sacrifice it if you don't have BF on your opening hand and you play first.

Aldon the Brave: good card

Tainted Oracle: Draw engine. You can't have BF every game so by adding 2 TO your deck will be more consistent.

Earthen Protector: Super super strong ally. Main combo with Aeno. Even with Jasmine Rosecult or Aldon is good. The attack power is very good too.

Aeon Stormcaller: He is too good in 1.5. Combo with any ally, especially with EP. Aeon+EP is so deadly I won many games because of this combo. (especially vs shadow heroes, they don't have retreat lol)

Smashing Blow: smashing weapon/armor

Enrage: This card is so important in death race situation vs mage. If you draw it early normally you sacrifice it unless vs mage.

Crippling Blow: Board control card to deal with fat allies. (and pray they don't have Sever Ties........)

Jeweler's Dream: Best warrior weapon

Dimension Ripper: Another key weapon. I have 3 copies. So in total 7 weapons to make sure you can almost always draw 1 at turn 4~5. DR is NOT a TROLL weapon!! It's extremely powerful if you know what you are doing.
    DR is also a draw engine! I have DR*3 , BF*4 , TO*2. Never run out of cards in mid game.
    DR destroy mages! Steal their Fireball/lighting bolt.
    DR can kill 4hp ally! This is the most important part about DR. You can regain board control with it.
    DR win death race. It deals 4 damage per hit. I won many death race because of DR.
    Don't use DR if you already have major board control and you know your enemy can't break it.
    Don't use DR if your enemy run out of cards and you have BF and 2+cards in your hand. (unless you need to use DR to kill 4hp ally)

General strategy:
    Early game you want to save your hand and cast BF ASAP.
    Turn 3 cast BF or ally is always a tough choice. It's really depends. Ideally you want BF but sometimes you need to cast Jasmine first.
    When do you cast BF now becomes the most important decision to make. It really depends on your opponent and your hand.
    E.g you have a DR so you know you can kill 4hp ally to get board control back so it allows you to cast BF early.
    Or you have Puwen at turn 2 and you have Jeweler's Dream. It also allows you to cast BF early.
    Sometimes you want to cast it at turn 5 with Jeweler's Dream.
    Anyway it's too situational. Basically you lose board control because of BF. You need to do something to equalize that (normally it's a weapon with Amber's skill).
    Early BF+Jeweler's Dream will enable you the "monster" mode in mid game.

Another important part is you need to know when to start the "Death Race" mode. (Ignore allies and nuke hero only)
    Normally it's mid-late game and you are about to lose control of the game but you have weapon on your hand.
    This situation is very likely to happen when you face Majiya, Gravebone and warrior mirror.

Another wall of text lol. Hopefully it's helpful for warrior players

July updated Version:
    This deck is very old i have modified it
    Jasmine Rosecult *4
    Puwen Bloodhelm *3
    Aldon the Brave *3
    Tainted Oracle *2
    Earthen Protector *2
    Aeon Stormcaller *2

Smashing Blow*3
    Enrage *2
    Crippling Blow *4
    Retreat *3
    Blood Frenzy *4
    Dimension Ripper *3
    Jeweler's Dream *4

Basically just add 3 Retreats -1 Aeon -1 EP -1Puwen
    Last edited by stevevai1983; 07-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, it would have been better to post it on warrior strategy (maybe a mod can move it). Thanks for sharing your deck, i was curious after your win streak. Something's funny about your deck.. there's no new cards in it ? Did you run this deck in 1.29 ? It should have worked well too.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good analysis on Dimension Ripper. Good deck too. I chose not to include Priest of Light in my Amber deck as well for the same reasons.
    <------EZZE Tearz, Tearz

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    Something's funny about your deck.. there's no new cards in it ? Did you run this deck in 1.29 ? It should have worked well too.
    IMO, It won't be as good due to Logan and elad in 1.29.

Regarding new cards, just to share my deck building exp with all. - it does not matter to me if your deck has new cards or not - as long as the deck does well in the meta- its a good deck. If the meta require you to add the new cards, do it. If the meta requires use of old cards, then stick with them.

If we think about it, a revised old card is a new card in itself, despite the name not changing. If anyone played elad/Logan now using the 1.29 approach, he's in trouble. Both elad and Logan are 'new' heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    IMO, It won't be as good due to Logan and elad in 1.29.
    I agree, i just wanted Steve's opinion, :P

Regarding new cards, just to share my deck building exp with all. - it does not matter to me if your deck has new cards or not - as long as the deck does well in the meta- its a good deck. If the meta require you to add the new cards, do it. If the meta requires use of old cards, then stick with them.
    I agree too, but that's quite bad when 0 cards in 25 new are useful for a deck IMO.. Dunno if i'm understandable ?

If we think about it, a revised old card is a new card in itself, despite the name not changing. If anyone played elad/Logan now using the 1.29 approach, he's in trouble. Both elad and Logan are 'new' heroes.
    EP was changed too i think, 5hp now ?

Edit : Aeon and BF too
    Last edited by kentuequi; 03-18-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, it would have been better to post it on warrior strategy (maybe a mod can move it). Thanks for sharing your deck, i was curious after your win streak. Something's funny about your deck.. there's no new cards in it ? Did you run this deck in 1.29 ? It should have worked well too.
    I started this game in 1.29, I was using a rush style Amber deck. I think this deck would work in 1.29. However 1.29 is a faster version. Don't know if it can survive the Eladwen nuke....
    anyway i agree to move it to warrior section.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    EP was changed too i think, 5hp now ?

Edit : Aeon and BF too
    yes to all of that and EP is unique now. the only thing that troubles me is the enrage. its just too risky to play anymore. even if one deck out of 50 is a jeri or has sever ties... you cant just replace enrage if it gets destroyed because you are dead. a 10 point shot is hard to pass up, you just wait for it. im glad so far it hasnt happened to you yet.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Enrage is still a very good card.
    Not everyone use Server Ties and not every time they draw it at the right time.
    Alot of times you just need to use Enrage to buy 1 turn only to win the death race.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    Enrage is still a very good card.
    Not everyone use Server Ties and not every time they draw it at the right time.
    Alot of times you just need to use Enrage to buy 1 turn only to win the death race.
    I agree with this, the worst loses I have had due to severed ties is when your blood frenzy is removed when you are low on cards. Enrage is actually really good in that it is an extra attachment someone has to think about. Between crippling blow/blood frenzy/enrage/jasmine ability there is just too much for him to cure. As long as you are smart about your use of it, it will still be an effective card. I'm interested in your thoughts on Lily, I run two of them in my deck and have found that she is perfect for dealing with item destruction as she provides board presence and gives you a weapon for the next turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another easy rush deck. Of course, lose to my Jericho Spellbane rush deck. But Juriho lose to Magic rush, that's the whole game problem.
    Last edited by Qtang; 03-18-2012 at 08:51 AM.