Close

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Variety in human class?

    i have been playing this game for about a month or so and i must say its AWESOME!! never had so much fun since duelmasters. well the only thing which left me a bit dissapointed was the lack of variety in the human class i mean 90% of the allies are just "human" except for sandworm,marshland and a few others. i think it would be awesome if the developer guys added some dragons or something to the human faction. tbh it gets boring with puwens,aeons,ravens etc and nothing can satisfy the epic feeling than summoning a 6-7cc epic dragon on the board.
    just my thoughts there guys, other than this minor dissatisfaction this game rocks! i have already bought $20 worth of SCs to buy cards as well as show my support to wulven studios...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    There'll probably a wider variety of cards and they release expansions - this is after all only the first set.
    Also, don't forget to pre-order physical cards

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I personally like that the Humans actually are humans. That's always irritated me a little bit about other TCGs; you always had a mishmash of different species of critters, so your deck was either an unfeasible theme deck or completely bonkers by any sort of lore. Having a pretty homogeneously human set of allies allows one to build a deck which actually plays reasonably well and makes some degree of thematic sense.

    I don't care that much, though. I'd be collecting art rather than digital cards if I really cared about it.

    Can you actually still get physical cards? The webpage seems to say they're all sold out, except for the highly-expensive stuff:
    http://www.wulven.com/order.php

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KiteX3 View Post
    I personally like that the Humans actually are humans. That's always irritated me a little bit about other TCGs; you always had a mishmash of different species of critters, so your deck was either an unfeasible theme deck or completely bonkers by any sort of lore. Having a pretty homogeneously human set of allies allows one to build a deck which actually plays reasonably well and makes some degree of thematic sense.

    I don't care that much, though. I'd be collecting art rather than digital cards if I really cared about it.

    Can you actually still get physical cards? The webpage seems to say they're all sold out, except for the highly-expensive stuff:
    http://www.wulven.com/order.php
    well too much of critters and beasts for humans would definitely ruin the game but it wouldnt hurt to have a handful of beasts or dragons or something. i mean even skyrim had 2 benevolent dragons and it made much more awesome. using dragons against dragons? now that's EPIC!!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KiteX3 View Post
    Can you actually still get physical cards? The webpage seems to say they're all sold out, except for the highly-expensive stuff:
    http://www.wulven.com/order.php
    Unfortunately, you can no longer buy the $10 and $20 option as Wulven was taking too much of a loss from those sales. You can however still get a $40 booster box - and with all the bonuses, I say it's well worth it

    And I agree with Kite - I like that humans are actually human.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe View Post
    There'll probably a wider variety of cards and they release expansions - this is after all only the first set.
    Also, don't forget to pre-order physical cards
    i'm gonna wait for a month or two and order that collecters edition set with the playmat and all. that just makes me drool and nostalgic about my childhood days collecting duelmasters cards...
    cheers!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Martin JF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Norway, Timezone: CEST
    Posts
    2,091
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    i'm gonna wait for a month or two and order that collecters edition set with the playmat and all. that just makes me drool and nostalgic about my childhood days collecting duelmasters cards...
    cheers!
    Just keep in mind that if you wait too much you won't get all the awesome bonuses.
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

    God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin JF View Post
    Just keep in mind that if you wait too much you won't get all the awesome bonuses.
    i would've definitely bought it by now if i had that much of extra money. unless i dont pay my rent or something i have to wait a month atleast. thanks for the heads up anyways..

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    68
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe View Post
    Unfortunately, you can no longer buy the $10 and $20 option as Wulven was taking too much of a loss from those sales. You can however still get a $40 booster box - and with all the bonuses, I say it's well worth it

    And I agree with Kite - I like that humans are actually human.
    I doubt Wulven was taking a loss when the $10 and $20 option only nets you one set of rewards unless you pair it with at least another $40. It's much more likely that they legitimately sold out of them as people would pair a $20 with multiple booster boxes to obtain multiple bonuses.


    But ya, booster box, TOTALY worth the money. 5800 SC now, w/e the SC codes add up to later, physical cards, and a ton of bonuses. I can understand if maybe you're out of work or w/e, but $40 isn't realy highly expensive. Hell, it's less than the retail price of most games.

  10. #10
    DP Visionary Warr Byrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Here. Or possibly There.
    Posts
    3,013
    Tournaments Joined
    12
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Merth View Post
    I doubt Wulven was taking a loss when the $10 and $20 option only nets you one set of rewards unless you pair it with at least another $40. It's much more likely that they legitimately sold out of them as people would pair a $20 with multiple booster boxes to obtain multiple bonuses.
    Have you looked at the bonuses?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The Bonuses now include:
    + Foil Cards - A free copy of each different foil card we make!
    + Playmat - $14.99 retail. A high quality, 24" x 14" playmat
    + Exclusive Promo Card - A foil Legendary Neutral Ally with amazing artwork.
    + Counters and Tokens - $4.99 retail
    + Collector's Tin - $4.99 retail
    + Card Sleeves - $3.99 retail
    + Epic In-Game Avatars
    + JUST ANNOUNCED - Digital Foils. As a special thank you for your patience and support, your SE account will get a digital copy of every different foil card in the game!
    Not counting the additional cards, that's almost $30 retail price for the bonuses. Even assuming that the additional cards cost nothing and everything, including the started pack, produces a 75% profit for Wulven, then the $10 starter pack costs them . . . $10. Plus shipping, which they don't charge you for in the US and I believe they are undercharging for outside the US. So yes, the $10 packages were costing Wulven a serious amount of money.

    To the OP, I think they are called the Human faction for a reason. I could agree if they were class specific (like a Mage familiar or something), but Human allies should be mostly, if not entirely, Human.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

    In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

    Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

    Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

    Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •