Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation New to game(I dont like the 3d interface,camera and fps locked to 30 on PC)

Just today I have found out about this game,you really have no advertisement and that is a shame,I have heard of some other card game and they suck.
    This one I have only played against al,I tried to play against other people but I need more cards in the deck and first i have to search what to buy etc.(it seems there is a good tutorial in beginner section) ,I just hope this aint a free to play pay to win game
    The gameplay is nice,and the art is nice also,in some card games cards look like shit,to me that is a deal breaker

BUT what I really dont like about this game is that 3d interface,zooming,slow animations even on 4 speed

I would like to have a 2D view where everything is there and no need to zoom to see the card stats etc.
    The game with best interface i have ever seen in a card game is "spectromanser".i hope you will copy some visual styles of that game and add it here

Also fps is locked to 30,is there any way to make that higher? Everyone with even a little education these days know that more fps =less eye strain
    Last edited by HOOR; 03-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We have some advertising but as a growing yet still small studio, we don't blanket bomb as much.

If you haven't already, you can get some free Shadow Crystals here.

There have been a few people that suggested having a more 2D interface with card stats more readily available on-screen. However, the game exists across various platforms, with the physical cards coming soon, and one of the strengths of Shadow Era is its accessibility so seamlessness is an important factor.

We will probably add an option to disable camera pans but I'm not sure if we'll have a higher game speed than 4. I don't think it's that slow at 4, unless your framerate is being held back by hardware. Have you tried throttling down the graphics setting? While being too slow can be detrimental, being too fast can ruin the fun by being too short and not allowing you to savor the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can level up against the computer, which gives you crystals. And every win gives you gold, which you use to buy cards. So it is entirely possible to grind all the cards you want for all the decks you want.

You just need a few levels to get enough crystals and gold for a decent mage deck. And those first few levels go really fast, so the first competitive deck is very easy to get.

If you want to have more decks, you can grind more, or you can pay for crystals, which is a way of being nice to the creator of the game and the people that keep it running and growing. After all, for just 3 or 5 dollars you get a LOT of cards.
    In-game name: TJ Dharvo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharvo View Post
    You can level up against the computer, which gives you crystals. And every win gives you gold, which you use to buy cards. So it is entirely possible to grind all the cards you want for all the decks you want.

You just need a few levels to get enough crystals and gold for a decent mage deck. And those first few levels go really fast, so the first competitive deck is very easy to get.

If you want to have more decks, you can grind more, or you can pay for crystals, which is a way of being nice to the creator of the game and the people that keep it running and growing. After all, for just 3 or 5 dollars you get a LOT of cards.
    And spending $130 on physical cards will get you an OIL TANKERS worth of cards.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    We have some advertising but as a growing yet still small studio, we don't blanket bomb as much.

If you haven't already, you can get some free Shadow Crystals here.

There have been a few people that suggested having a more 2D interface with card stats more readily available on-screen. However, the game exists across various platforms, with the physical cards coming soon, and one of the strengths of Shadow Era is its accessibility so seamlessness is an important factor.

We will probably add an option to disable camera pans but I'm not sure if we'll have a higher game speed than 4. I don't think it's that slow at 4, unless your framerate is being held back by hardware. Have you tried throttling down the graphics setting? While being too slow can be detrimental, being too fast can ruin the fun by being too short and not allowing you to savor the game.

No,my hardware aint a problem
    When i play chess on PC,i dont want to watch some long animation,and i also dont want instant moves but something in between,
    zooming all the time on the cards,and when you attack does not add more fun to the game
    There should be an option to turn that off

Also the game fps is set to 30 fps,I guess that is normal for other devices but i really dont plan to play any game on PC with 30 fps,I have more fps in every new game no matter have demanding,and like i said
    more fps =less eye strain

gameplay seems to be good and addicting so i hope you do plan improve the game on these areas
    (more fps and 2d interface)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The game is not pay to win... but it will take you a while to get the necessary cards if you only play vs AI.

On website there are free offers your can do to get crystals. I suggest you use a spare computer to complete the offers.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That is nice but until they improv the fps rate i wont be playing it,I really dont want to ruin my eyes playing a game with 30 fps limit.
    If i wanted to do that I would buy a console and play bf3

I will check if they change this since like i said it looks to be a fun game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOR View Post
    That is nice but until they improv the fps rate i wont be playing it,I really dont want to ruin my eyes playing a game with 30 fps limit.
    I guess you don't watch videos than, or flash animation, or TV, don't use phone or any other handheld, don't read books and omg this sodding forum ruining your eyes right now, get away quickly!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    I guess you don't watch videos than, or flash animation, or TV, don't use phone or any other handheld, don't read books and omg this sodding forum ruining your eyes right now, get away quickly!
    Agreed. The human eye can see smooth animation at 15fps (this is what the Simpsons, and most animations are shot at for example). I'm going to assume you're in the States, and their NTSC broadcasts are at 29.97fps. If you're on PAL standard TV, its even lower at 24fps, as is standard 35mm cinema. Unless you're running a psychotic spec pc, expect your Battlefield and your Modern Warfare to be running at little more than 30fps when the action is going.

Long story short, quit being an elitist. Not everything has to run at 60fps, and if you ever payed attention, you'll realise very little actually does.

This is an awesome game, and to not play simply because its frame locked at 30fps is stupid.

/rant
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing you probably played as much as one game against the AI and then opened this thread.