Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And, curse your terrible luck. So many 3cc allies, not even one 3cc out? That sucks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    And, curse your terrible luck. So many 3cc allies, not even one 3cc out? That sucks.
    It's only happened a couple of times in the dozen or so times I've played this deck so far. I just like to plan for the really bad situations. It's easy to win the games where I draw what I'm supposed to

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    It's only happened a couple of times in the dozen or so times I've played this deck so far. I just like to plan for the really bad situations. It's easy to win the games where I draw what I'm supposed to
    Anyway, I think you might be interested to know, that I might be releasing the last version of GB that I have, but only after I am sure it is of a certain standard. Basically it is a version that isn't scared of fatties, even Sandworms.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please can someone explain how this deck works when you're facing a solo, like for instance Gwen or Nish
    Last edited by Sakkie Jp Basson; 03-27-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie Jp Basson View Post
    Please can someone explain how this deck works when you're facing a solo, like for instance Gwen or Nish
    This deck is a competition deck, competition decks are not like live server decks. Live server decks aim to go for unique aspects to squeeze wins out of everyone, while competition decks go for stability and what they think they will face.

E.G. I think my opponent is Eldawen, who is building himself as a rush. Thus, the birth of this deck.

To be frank with you? This deck will not do that well in the live server. It will lose to a slow play Mill MS, and certain other solo decks, as this deck strives on opponent allies being mass neutralised by novas and DoU, webs for the remaining.

Just go for more LLN. and add 2xsevered ties, if you hit a turn 5 rapid fire with a sever ties, and a turn 6 SS with a LLN, the gwen deck has probably just ran out of gas.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    This deck is a competition deck, competition decks are not like live server decks. Live server decks aim to go for unique aspects to squeeze wins out of everyone, while competition decks go for stability and what they think they will face.

E.G. I think my opponent is Eldawen, who is building himself as a rush. Thus, the birth of this deck.

To be frank with you? This deck will not do that well in the live server. It will lose to a slow play Mill MS, and certain other solo decks, as this deck strives on opponent allies being mass neutralised by novas and DoU, webs for the remaining.
    I think this is good info to go along with the deck. Might even want to add it to the original post just so people understand the purpose of the deck and the thought behind it so they know what to expect.
    Acolytes of A1.
    Oderint Dum Metuant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordh View Post
    I think this is good info to go along with the deck. Might even want to add it to the original post just so people understand the purpose of the deck and the thought behind it so they know what to expect.
    updated!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why the focus on Brutalis ? With the low damage I never really considered it a good card. I also think having more high cost allies works better with GB's shadow ability

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

IGN: TJ Rated GG

currently playing:
    GG's Lance - The Diplomat

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by artr0x View Post
    Why the focus on Brutalis ? With the low damage I never really considered it a good card. I also think having more high cost allies works better with GB's shadow ability
    This isn't a typical fatty GB deck. Playing fatties goes against the purpose of the deck. The point is to apply constant pressure from low cost, high toughness cards from early on. You don't have the strongest cards, but when you have a Brutalis, 3 Gargoyles, and a DMT, all that damage adds up, and they're all difficult to kill in relation to their cost. And Shadow doesn't have have the best options for 2cc allies. Despite the low damage, it will eventually add up, and that 1 damage can mean the difference between getting a clutch kill on an important enemy ally. And in order to kill Brutalis, they have to commit more than the opponent would like. Lastly, once he's served his purpose, you can Sac him for cards. After I've played some games with this deck, I couldn't imagine changing anything at all except for the Bad Wolf.