Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    This deck is a disguised as a control deck, with death-racing tendencies.
    Sorry for not seen that...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    this deck is cool
    i like the card Sacrifice Lamb. It's so underrated.
    I have a Majiya alt and use this card as well. Works great with portal.
    Don't get the portal referrance, but glad you like SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrabbit View Post
    if use 4 * brutalis and 4 * Research, you almost can do sth. at T2
    but if use 4 * brutalis and 4 * Sacrifice Lamb, if you not get brutalis you will do nothing at T2!
    Haha RELAX, rabbit. Let me break it down for you.

I'm a fan of playing cards that don't die easily, and have high value in them (survivability).

Thus the choices of the deck. Brutalis is the best choice as:

1. Can be cast even if you start second, with opponent puwen in play (both flayer and carniboar cannot survive that)
    2. Can be cast late game, usually gets ignored because of his high hp, allowing openings.
    3. Openings like LS plus brut is a standard way to clear 4hp allies.

Bad wolf was added as I needed more 3cc, the effective ally cost for SL. And the extra damage is good, turn 3 badwolf + turn 4 lightning strike can take out a gargoyle.

Furthermore, I don't like research. I can live without it, but if you find, as a player, that you can't, feel free to add them. But I ran this in a competition, and I believe it's build won me games due to the lack of research.

Btw, your turn 2 issue you mentioned is very valid. But my concern is that I rather brutalis, or nothing at all. Turn 3 gargoyle is still effective as ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgAusp View Post
    I've forgotten something. Could you guys remind me what Gravebone's bad MUs are?

I know Elad does well against him.
    Lance does well as well, if the GB plays fatties and lance is running DoU.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the response. Now I remember why I have 3 LLNs...
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by OgAusp View Post
    Thanks for the response. Now I remember why I have 3 LLNs...
    Np man.

Personally I don't like running too man LLN, LLN is only good when you have board, and your opponent goes 5cc weapon, then you have a perfect LLN scenario. If you're behind, LLN isn't much. Otherwise things might spiral out of your control range.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    Don't get the portal referrance, but glad you like SL.
    I sac 3cc allies to draw cards in mid game. (after 4~6 resources) and if i have portal in play it's even better.
    use DMT/gargoyle attack then sacrifice it to draw 3 cards. It's very likely you draw an ally again. Cast it with portal...and attack again

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    I sac 3cc allies to draw cards in mid game. (after 4~6 resources) and if i have portal in play it's even better.
    use DMT/gargoyle attack then sacrifice it to draw 3 cards. It's very likely you draw an ally again. Cast it with portal...and attack again
    I would consider it... If 3cc allies dealt more than 3 damage.

But I would consider that combo decent with a Wulven Tracker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for posting this deck! I've had a lot of luck with it so far. I tried using your other Gravebone deck with Oggy, and while it was a lot of fun it definitely had some issues vs creature control.

I love the combination of Sacrificial Lamb + 3CC allies.

The main thing I'm having issues with so far is the sandworm. I try to save web for them when possible, but often that doesn't seem to be enough. Do you usually just ignore the worm and go for a quick burn once it's out, or do you try to take the worm down?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This decks primary function is to stack gargoyle/DMT damage, watch your hp. The simple math you need to remember for sandworms is that they only can be killed three ways in this deck,double supernova, supernova+fireball, supernova+lightning strike + badwolf attack.

Best move being the double nova. Try to lure more than 1 sandworm if you're going to do this. Best one is when the sandworms aim your gargoyle, takes tons of attacks for a sandworm to kill a gargoyle.

However, I almost never kill sandworms. I rush their hp, web + DoU locks most decks into a confusion, and when you know the opponent's tide is coming, sac lamb gargoyle, supernova the area, out burn (deathrace) the opponent.

Just know that a 5cc card delayed for 2 turns vs a 3cc gargoyle messing up their early game, you have more damage output. Plus fireball alone doubles a sandworm's attack dmg. Tbh, the real card you need to be careful of is KP, which turns sw into a beast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds good. Also, how much do you save your direct damage with this deck? ie: It's turn 3 or 4 and you don't have any allies to play. Do you use a Fireball or Lightning bolt on the enemy hero just to use your resources for the turn, or do you hold onto them for board control later on?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    Sounds good. Also, how much do you save your direct damage with this deck? ie: It's turn 3 or 4 and you don't have any allies to play. Do you use a Fireball or Lightning bolt on the enemy hero just to use your resources for the turn, or do you hold onto them for board control later on?
    I don't like it, but in most cases where you must save, especially during an opponents dream hand. If he casts kris, puwen, aldon, you just fireball the aldon and LS the puwen n kris right after. If you're feeling daring, and have much burn in your hand, then you can try to death race, but it's usually better for a GB to have board. The best part about successfully out burning them is that you're following supernova hurts them just that much more.