Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gravebone Deck - Alternative to Eladwen decks

Hi Gamers:

Iīm a spanish player,sorry for my bad english, first of all i have played Shadow Era for 2-3 weeks, i began with Eladwen deck, the best deck now in the game.

After a week playing it i got bored so i decided to try with a new deck,Gravebone is my favourite hero because is perfect against direct damage and creatures,so here is the list of the deck:

HERO:

1 x Gravebone

ALLY:

4 x Infernal Gargoyle
    3 x Brutalis
    3 x Plasma Behemot
    4 x Belladonna
    2 x Chimera

ABILITY:

4 x Fireball
    4 x Lightning Strike
    4 x Research
    2 x Bloodlust
    1 x Portal
    3 x Here Be Monsters

Description:

Allies:

-Infernal Gargoyle is, in my opinion, the best shadow creature, resist fireball Eladwen...
    -Brutalis is cheap and resist, nice in first turns and for rush in mid-end game with bloodlust.
    -Plasma Behemot is the perfect "finisher"
    -Belladonna Awesome card, the card advantage is great with Graveboneīs ability and if doesnīt die hits 4...
    -Chimera resists the opponent turn and hit 5 in yours, with bloodlust unstoppable.

Abilities:

The abilities are the same that eladwen, i think portal is not as necessary, Here Be Monsters is great before opponentīs Sandra Trueblade or to delay Aeon Stormcaller, bloodlust will be "gg" in many games, with 3 or 4 creatures is secured victory.

End:

I have played it many games and the results have been perfect,against Eladwen i havenīt so many problems, Gargoyle beat 2 and 3 cost creatures and resist direct damage perfectly, in middle - end game the game is our, Gravebone give us that advantage.

I want to listen your advices, and how i said at beginning sorry for my english, Bye.
    Last edited by Carlit0s91; 03-13-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Personalmente, no me gusta "Brutalis". Tambien "Blood Lust" no me parece tan util.

Estoy soprendido que nadamas tienes una copia de "Portal".

Creo que yo usaria halgo como:

1 - Gravebone

4 - Infernal Gargoyle
    4 - Plasma Behemoth
    4 - Belladonna

3 - Research
    4 - Portal

4 - Fireball
    2 - Lightning Strike
    4 - Here Be Monsters

Lo unico es que no estoy seguro con mis preferencias porque no e usado este heroe mucho.

Otro comentario: creo que Majiya es un poco mejor que Gravebone, aunque Gravebone me parece mas interesante.

Yo tambien estoy muy aburido con Eladwen, y espero quel proximo update venga pronto. Tengo ganas de jugar con Zaladar, pero no me gusta que sus tarjetas tienen tantos errores y problemas (por ejemplo, "Mind Control" no funciona corectamente en "Aeon").

Personalmente, estoy tomando un descanso con este juego y espero jugar un Warrior or Ranger despuez del update. Quisas jugare con Amber Rain.
    Last edited by Narziss; 03-11-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Brutalis es resistente,sus 4 de vida permiten mantenerlo vivo al menos 2 turnos, te da tiempo y si hay vía libre resta algún que otro punto, si pruebas el deck verás que acabas con tu lado de la mesa repleto de criaturas entre que resisten y el efecto de Gravebone siempre tendrás de 2 para arriba con Bloodlust pasas por encima de los oponentes incluso con Brutalis.

Yo a majiya la veo muy muy buena pero aun no se le puede sacar todo el partido, la dejo para futuras updates,ahora es algo débil.

Lo de incluir algún portal mas si lo había pensado posiblemente 1 ó 2 mas pero no es tan esencial como parece, te animo a que lo pruebes y a ver que te parece.

En cuanto al deck que propones lo veo algo lento,los 4 behemot puede que te ralentizen asi como los portales. Los 4 research los veo imprescindibles.

Gracias por el interés espero que se anime más gente.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any Suggestion?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I run a gravebone deck similar to yours. 4 portals are a must IMO because your creatures are too vulnerable and don't do anything unless you have it up. Make sure you don't sac them vs. priests! Also, you're only a 50/50 vs. good eldawen decks (and even wins vs. these you usually end up at low health and them needing to draw a burn or two vs. you having 2-3 turns to kill them) and 0% if you don't draw your portal.

don't really like brutalis because he doesn't really kill anything and he can't stop any of the 3/2 or the 2/3 guys without card disadvantage. do you find bloodlust useful? I never have more than 1-3 creatures up (usually 2 beladonnas), but at that point you should have insane card advantage and control of the board (since double belladonna hit will kill anything). also i think it's useful to cut to 30 cards. i ran a 45ish card deck, and there were too many games where i didn't draw the portal or clutch burn, resulting in a loss. You need a 3/4 or 3/3 creature also, to one shot the 2/3 guys, otherwise you end up having to use gargoyle+something.

i run:
    1x gravebone
    2x gargoyle
    1x behemoth
    2x chimera (not a huge fan, usually sac him for resources)
    4x beladonna
    3x bad wolf

4x fireball
    3x lightning bolt
    3x research
    4x portal
    3x here be monsters

still tweaking, and still crappy rating but working on it! i wish i could deal with eldawen going first, turn 2 3/2 guy, turn 3 aldon, turn 4 sandra turn 5 sandra turn 6 aeon.. debated putting in more burn but arcane burst seems weak. supernova helps them kill you. rain delay maybe? not sure.

good luck! and let me know if you have ideas on how to survive the 4-5 turn "rush".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Switched atm to
    1x gravebone
    2x behemoth (seems to be a lot of wulven decks these days, and you need this)
    4x beladonna
    4x bad wolf

4x fireball
    4x lightning bolt
    3x research
    4x portal
    4x here be monsters

had one match where i killed myself because i had no cards left and beladonna was doing 1 damage each time i recast her

chimera seems to be required vs. darkclaw, so you might need to figure out a way to put it in

At 414 now (though it doesn't mean much), but a lot of wins end up being close and only gaining 0-1 points so I'm probably done until v1.24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It doesn't really matter which of the mages you play. They are all the current best heroes due to the mage abilities. And in a mage VS mage match-up, you should win if you start first, and lose if you go second (unless the opponent doesn't drop a Portal). If using Humans, then you need to run Blake Windrunner; Shadow should be running Brutalis. Brutalis is the only turn 2 ally counter that Shadow has to Blake Windrunner.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spootz View Post
    It doesn't really matter which of the mages you play. They are all the current best heroes due to the mage abilities. And in a mage VS mage match-up, you should win if you start first, and lose if you go second (unless the opponent doesn't drop a Portal). If using Humans, then you need to run Blake Windrunner; Shadow should be running Brutalis. Brutalis is the only turn 2 ally counter that Shadow has to Blake Windrunner.
    Brutalis isn't a counter to Blake. Blake kills Brutalis. If I have a Blake and you have a Brutalis I'll just ignore it and keep beating on your hero. If your Brutalis attacks my Blake. It's dead on my turn. How is it a counter?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Brutalis isn't a counter to Blake. Blake kills Brutalis. If I have a Blake and you have a Brutalis I'll just ignore it and keep beating on your hero. If your Brutalis attacks my Blake. It's dead on my turn. How is it a counter?
    I never said that it killed Blake. I said that it was the counter to Blake...as in counter-part. It's the only turn 2 creature that Shadow has, and neither Blake nor Brutalis can kill the other in one attack. A Shadow Mage has only 2 options on turn two (not counting the horrible Fire Snake), Brutalis and Research. Turns are too precious to waste doing nothing.