Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis Deck Help

So, I'm making an Elementalis deck right now, and I need some advice. I've only got 33 cards and I'm kinda stuck.

Here's what I have currently:

Hero:
    1x Elementalis
    (1 Card)

Allies:
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3x Carniboar
    4x Wulven Tracker
    2x Ogloth the Glutton
    (19 Cards)

Support:

2x Soul Reaper
    3x Mind Control
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    (13 Cards)

Total: 33 Cards

So advice? What should I add/take away?

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I would suggest Mocking Armor (3 or 2 copies), definitely helpful for Elementalis. Other than that, you have plenty of possibilities depending on what you want to improve. Firstly, I would suggest Shadow Knight (3 or 4 copies), it comboes nicely with Plasma since everybody want him dead for some weird reason. Also, I can see SK combo with Sacrificial Lamb, even though I'm not a fan of that card.
    But this is for mid-late game. Alternatively, you can add some weenies to improve your early game (Fife Snake, for example), or some Bad Santas to improve your draw (I would suggest swapping Lamb with that card, but it's matter of personal preferences).
    Also consider maxing Mind Control, it's extremely useful card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well the issue is, that's too much to add for a 40-pool. What should I subtract?

EDIT:
    Well I just accidently sold one Shriek. There goes one card.
    BTW, I'm gonna need to earn some gold, I only have 140 as of now.
    Last edited by iThoughtNot; 03-15-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iThoughtNot View Post
    Well the issue is, that's too much to add for a 40-pool. What should I subtract?
    These are optional variants. I would go with +1 MC (for consistency) + 3 Mocking Armor (to protect your Plasmas from retreat and such nonsense) + 3 Shadow Knight just for nice combo ability. Alternatively, if you find yourself struggling in early game, you can swap those Knights for Fire Snake, for example.
    I don't know how frequently you use Sacrificial Lamb, so you might swap it with Bad Santa, or leave it as is if you so desire.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I generally avoid poverty mode at all costs, so lack of Bad Santas isn't a huge issue. Generally, other players use weenies to attack my Wulven Tracker on T4 so I usually use Sacrificial Lamb on it after 1/2 turns. Sometimes, it survives.
    Also, do you think I should keep my Shriek at 2 or buy the one I sold?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    2 Shrieks is alright, I would actually go for 3 LLN, because sometimes it can be crucial, or you can consider some Sever Ties, but it's very situational card also.
    However, card counters is not very good in terms of the fact that best defense is offense So, best thing probably would be to add 1 more Plasma instead of gone Shriek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I indeed have 2 Sever Ties for my Gravebone deck.
    I may add them, but for now I have:
    +3 Shadow Knight
    +1 Plasma Behemoth
    +1 Mind Control
    +3 Fire Snake
    -1 Shriek (The one I sold)
    I'm not a big fan of Mocking Armor. I'd rather have my opponent be distracted by my fatties.
    This is only temporary, anyways. I'll test it and if it doesn't work, I replace the Fire Snakes with Mock Armor.
    Is the rest of my deck solid?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iThoughtNot View Post
    This is only temporary, anyways. I'll test it and if it doesn't work, I replace the Fire Snakes with Mock Armor.
    Is the rest of my deck solid?
    Looks pretty good. The main issue is hero himself though, I don't view Elementalis as a strong hero.
    If you decide to go for early game with firesnakes, you might consider Bad Santas, because they will allow you to perform Santa Bomb (it's t2 Santa while playing t1 weenie).
    But Mocking Armor is better imo, because your deck is late game oriented, but if you don't find retreats and Daggers Of Unmaking annoying you can go without it.
    Good luck in testing!
    Last edited by Unruler; 03-15-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is the deck I am working on for Elementalis:

Elementalis
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    2x Fire snake
    2x Hellsteed
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Carniboar
    2x Shadow Knight
    3x Wulven Tracker
    2x Ogloth the Glutton

2x Energy Discharge
    2x Soul Reaper
    4x Mind Control
    2x Shriek
    2x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    2x Ghostmaker

There is a lot of things there and it's a quite complexe deck to play with. Every card is a potential threath if played right. There is a lot of recursions and you need to time your ability well. To many player just cast a gargoyle and use the ability on it right away making it an easy target for your opponent Retreat of Crippling Blow Assassinate etc..

Still working on it but it might help you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melph View Post
    There is a lot of things there and it's a quite complexe deck to play with. Every card is a potential threath if played right. There is a lot of recursions and you need to time your ability well. To many player just cast a gargoyle and use the ability on it right away making it an easy target for your opponent Retreat of Crippling Blow Assassinate etc..
    That's why you would potentially want Mocking Armor. But it's expensiveness and low durability make this item hard to use for your benefit, but in late game, when casing your hing price allies over and over again (due to retreats) could really cripple your game, it can be useful.
    As to your deck, too many x2 cards making it rather inconsistent, try to focus it a little more.