Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Need help on my 1.5 GraveBone Deck

GB has always been my fav mage, due to the heavy ally base deck of GB, the battle decision making is so intense. I'm gone from a newbie with GB (using cds whenever it's up) to somewhat of a veteran, currently 286 but having trouble against some class... PRIEST!!! and the male rogue.
    My original build was based on the pro guide on GB in this section by another player, but i found it to be super weak early game, and the turn 5 nova+resurrect play is also easily countered. That's why i've putted in alot of 1 and 2 drop allies. nuf said, here's my build
    1 x GB
    3 x firesnake
    1 x hellsteed
    2 x carniboar
    1 x dark flayer
    3 x infernal gargoyle
    1 x death mage thaddeus
    3 x PB
    1 x Oglothe
    4 x fireball
    4 x lighting strike
    3 x tome of knowledge
    3 x super nova
    4 x clinging web
    2 x shriek
    2 x sever ties
    1 x ley line nexus
    2 x DOU
    the list is long but it's a 40 card deck, the reason for the diverse card choices is due to the versatile combat strategies against different class. But i have found myself losing almost every single priest fights, the only couple of times i won is cause i had good draws early game with all my weenies and he didn't have anything, after tidal wave he had less than 16 health left and again i had super good draw with all the burn cards and just burned my way through. If i miss my early allies, which happens, or later burn cards, or he has more board control it's definately gg, not even a chance of turning it around. I've found shadow deck to be so much easier to beat than the human deck, mainly due to human allies and retreat. Does anyone see any problems in my deck? Also the male rogue with ankele just owns me so bad, i've had to put in an extra shriek to counter both priest's -1 attack and rogue's draw card when enemy ally dies. Any advise would be appreciated!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm no expert but here are my thoughts - Drop the x1 of everything. It's just not consistent enough to do you any good. Lance is really hard to beat, even with super awesome draws, you need LLN x 2 at least! Lack of draw is also a killer, maybe throw in a few Sac Lambs or BS just in case you face Ter or a Rogue.
    Personally I'm not a fan of Clinging Webs, I would suggest removing them for an extra Oggy, LLN, and ToK.

I'd go something along this line for allies-

3 Fire snake
    3 Brutalis
    4 Garg
    2 Bad Wolf or Medusil(maybe 3)
    3 PB
    2 Oggy

The rest seems solid except what I mentioned above.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As was previously mentioned, you should probably get rid of all of your 1x cards. Even 2x is stretching it. The reason is consistency. You want to be able to get a fairly consistent draw/win.

Right now your draw is a little lacking. 3 draw cards that can be fairly easily destroyed (Shriek) isn't going to cut it. I would recommend Sacrificial Lamb as at least 3x. You want to have at least 6 draw cards as a rule of thumb. You also may want to take a look at Wulven Tracker.

As for as Ogloth goes, you either want a minimum of 2x Ogloth and 2x Sever Ties, or take them out.

If you want to go for the weenie rush (Fire Snake, Carniboar, Dark Flayer, etc.) you really don't need the Clinging Webs. If you are playing a heavy late game deck, then keep them to control the early game.

To deal with Lance, I would recommend at least 3x Ley Line Nexus. This will also help against Priests with King's Pride and/or Ghostmaker. Shrieks will help against both of these classes main draw engines.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this deck is based off of Wenhui Tay's first Gravebone deck. I you are looking for something similar but more early game oriented take a look a Wenhui Tay's 2nd deck (Brutal is Control):

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....al-Is-Control)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't get the 1 x Hellsteed. It just seems so random.

I suggest you replace your random weenies with 4x brutalis.

4x brutalis, 4xgarg, 4x fireball and 4x Lightning strike can handle almost anything from turn 1-5.