Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Frostmire Ally-Solo Deck

I will be honest. A couple of months ago, a guy posted an idea for this kind of deck, and I tested it. I don't remember his profile, but whoever it is, he blessed my game. What he did is use a mage to create an extraordinary deck based on allies, which I am currently playing, and it is very useful.

When I first made the deck, I noticed it was missing some minor stuff, and had in excess of some of the others. So I allowed myself to make some changes, which proved to be well done. One of the few negatives I see to the deck is that it is very, very expensive to build. What i am asking is if you guys could give me some basic comments on what I could improve to take it to the next level. thanks in advance!

So here it is:

1 Eladwen
    4x Jasmine
    4x Kristoffer
    4x Puwen
    4x Blake
    2x Raven
    2x Aldon
    4x Priest of Light
    2x Aeon
    1x Fireball
    1x Freezing
    1x Lightning
    1x Arcane
    3x Portal
    3x Tome of Knowledge
    1x Supernova
    1x Arcane burst
    1x Clinging Webs
    2x Good Ascendant
    2x Bazaar
    2x Dagger of Unmaking

This deck is all about establishing control early, and keeping it as it is. You would usually begin with a Kristoffer, and then work your way up. Blakes are especially good once the opponent has no allies, since it will assure you that most that come out will find instantaneous death. The aldons should come in early, since they will boost up and you will be able to hold on to the board. Most important of all: NEVER let the opponent have allies. The aeon are obvious: They are good in practically any situation. Another thing to use to control is the dagger of unmaking and the few damage spells. Also, do not cause general drawing of cards. you do not need it to establish your control, it only ruins you when both players draw too many cards. The general approach to finishing your opponent is by massive attacks that are enhanced by aldon's ability. So, if you see fit, try this deck and see for yourself.

Once again, I would like to accredit the original maker of the deck outline, since he allowed for all of this happen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ummm ok. First thing. Change bazaars to bad Santa. Get rid of arcane burst for fireballs. And get rid of freeze for webs. The deck has too many situational cards and what if someone plays sapphire?? Then 4 of your allies are screwed for 2 turns. You dont have any weapon or item destruction. I like the idea of using mages for anti ally and control and not just straight to neck gameplay. But I don't think this is it??
    Anylitical super fans
    Entertaining timeless compadre

CARD SUGGESTIONS
    HOMUNCULI
    NEW FACTION/CLASS ALLY SUGGESTIONS
    LIEUTENANTS

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I would take out 2 Blake's and replace with 2 more Aldon.
    1 Clinging web seems like a waste, so why not add an extra FB? For only 3cc, dishing out that 4 damage can take out an SK easily.
    Also take out a freezing and arcane burst and add 1 more LS and a portal or another Aeon.
    Head Referee at SEU
    www.ShadowEraUnleash.com
    Seasonal Ladders for Singles and Guilds with prizes and tournaments.

Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Typically mage decks are loaded with burn after burn, and I think Elad is crying right now because you only have 1 FB, 1 LS, and 1 Nova. Other than some cards like research, there are other human heroes that can use the stuff you have in there. I think if you want to run an ally dominant deck, then you should just switch to a hero that is better suited for that. Otherwise, I would remove some of the allies you have there and replace them with burn cards.

Portal could be devastating later in the game with a lot of allies in your hand, but unless you have a perfect start, it will be difficult for you to get board control. Many of your control cards such as DoU can't even be cast until T5 (assuming you even have it in your hand by then) and by T5, a nova would be better anyways if you've lost complete control. As for Aeon, I wouldn't depend on him so much because he doesn't help at all with Nish's ability, Tidalwave, or a Nova. Cast all those allies then get them wiped out repeatedly... that's the point where you wish you had burn
    Last edited by KhaosMistress; 03-14-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: another piece of my mind fell out

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ally based Elad is fine but change your 1 ofs to 3 or 4 ofs. Having 1 of any card, except a few certain cards, gets you nowhere.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Quinck View Post
    I would take out 2 Blake's and replace with 2 more Aldon.
    1 Clinging web seems like a waste, so why not add an extra FB? For only 3cc, dishing out that 4 damage can take out an SK easily.
    Also take out a freezing and arcane burst and add 1 more LS and a portal or another Aeon.
    I see what you mean, but Aeon is unique, I can't play more than one at the same time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvv13 View Post
    I see what you mean, but Aeon is unique, I can't play more than one at the same time
    Well, usually when Aeon is played, he is wiped out pretty quick. You could instead add a few Katrin Shieldmaidens to boost Aeon's health a bit, and with an Aldon in play, she becomes a 1/4 for only 2cc.
    Head Referee at SEU
    www.ShadowEraUnleash.com
    Seasonal Ladders for Singles and Guilds with prizes and tournaments.

Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Quinck View Post
    Well, usually when Aeon is played, he is wiped out pretty quick. You could instead add a few Katrin Shieldmaidens to boost Aeon's health a bit, and with an Aldon in play, she becomes a 1/4 for only 2cc.
    It makes sense, but usually by the time I take Aeon out, I have a pretty good dominance over the game. It is useful for heroes like Boris or Zaladar, and Abilities like now you're mine. This is its main use, since it prevents major abilities, while boosting up allies
    MVV

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvv13 View Post
    It makes sense, but usually by the time I take Aeon out, I have a pretty good dominance over the game. It is useful for heroes like Boris or Zaladar, and Abilities like now you're mine. This is its main use, since it prevents major abilities, while boosting up allies
    Aeon is a monster, and played correctly can turn the tide. I run 4 in my Boris deck. Seems overkill, but it works. He's also a huge damage magnet, and will almost always survive at least one turn.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!