Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Angry How could you let this happen Design Team?

*WARNING LONG POST*

I’ve been waiting for update 1.5 with the completed set for so long. I got tired of the game at 1.28 because of its predictability. 1.29 did nothing to improve the situation. Then I was forced to wait three months for the next update, 1.5. THREE WHOLE MONTHS!!! In internet time, that is like the never-ending story, except that it ends…in three months.

After three months of riding on the dog/dragon I was finally able to accept that LSD is not a solution to my boredom with Shadow Era, and that I should reconnect with the real world. Especially because I could play Shadow Era 1.5, instead of listening to my girlfriend, my boss, my friends, and my family bitch at me about how I waste all my time and talent.

What a sap I was to believe that everything would be made right. I suppose it’s true what they say…Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, because you live in a modern city and no one uses a basket to carry eggs.

There are so many things wrong with 1.5 that I don’t know where to begin.

1. There are too many cards.

I have a hard time making decisions unless it’s a situation where the ideal choice is made painfully obvious. For example: Kitten VS Rabid Wolverine, Lice Infested Pillow VS Hot Tub, or Curvier Penis VS Larger Butthole.

With 1.5 I can’t possibly build a good deck. There are just too many choices, and almost all of them are good. Is this what I waited so long for? I’m not a thinker, I’m a doer. I don’t want to have to worry about strategy and testing. I want to copy and paste my deck from the forums and kick the shit out of almost everyone I come across.

Now all of the sudden I actually have to decide between more than two tier one heroes with their ideal deck. I wanted the game to not be as predictable as it was in 1.28/1.29, but still be predictable enough to where I could win all the time. I’ve got two words for you design team…GRANDIOSE FLOP.

2. 1.5 Needs More Cards

I know what you’re thinking, didn’t he just say that there are too many cards in 1.5? You’d be wrong, because I wrote it, but stick with me. I want more cards for me, not for everyone else. I want my own hero, my own abilities, allies, weapons, armors, and items. It can be an expansion called The Call of the Yeezut (which incidentally sounds like a mix between a turkey and a whale song).

Why do I deserve to have my own exclusive (OP) cards? Simple...because I thought of it first. All the rest of you can find your own game to unreasonably demand preferential treatment. I expect the design team can have this hammered out in a couple days, and then the devs can get them programmed in by the end of the week. Quickly addressing this issue actually solves my first problem , so it’s killing two birds with a hand grenade.

3. No Bear Suit Armor Card

No explanation needed.

(Credit to qwerty for the card)
    Bear Suit2.jpg

4. Where the hell are my physical cards?

I hate all the new cards because they are confusing and frightening, but I want them in my hands right now.

I preordered a couple sets of the physical cards (not the whole set, mind you, because I don’t whore myself on the street corner). Like everyone else I haven’t received them yet, and I want to know why I am not already sitting in my special Shadow Era chair, rifling through my cards.

I’d open the first pack slowly…not to seem too eager, but not so slowly that it seems like I’ve never opened one before. I’d take my time looking at each card…sometimes pausing on one card or the other…sometimes rapidly passing them from one hand to the other, and then slowing down again. Maybe I’d give some of the cards a gentle caress with my tongue…then I’d open the next pack..and another…then another, and another, then another… wait…what was I talking about again?

Here is what you wish a picture of me licking a card looks like:

licking a card.jpg

Now if you listen to the Wulven mouthpieces they’re gonna throw around big words like “manufacturing and shipping times” “reasonable expectations” and “deranged lunatic”. Don’t believe their nonsense…believe mine. Their crowd-sourcing fundraiser generated more than seven times their original goal of $20,000. Why haven’t they used some of that extra money to create or buy a remote matter transmission device? A quick google search shows that such a device is possible.

Here is an example of a teleportation device:

Teleporter.jpg

We could all have our cards in-hand, right now, if Kyle “Still Not a Wolf Man” Poole would stop rolling around on his big pile of money, and teleport us our cards.

TL;DR: Unicorns are awesome!
    This beast comes out when it is 25 degrees below zero
    It can rip your head off
    It can fly as high as a bird
    It can bite your face

Theme Song

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wtf did I just read
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1/10 too much effort. Try to troll subtle next time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    Wtf did I just read
    I don't think that LSD has worn off yet. =/
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lol. Amusing read.

I've read better though so hmm. 6/10, would be better if it was a little less humor and a little more trolly
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    0/10 no mention of Fire Snake
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    0/10 no mention of Fire Snake
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah too obvious and aggressive you have to be more casual before you reveal the painful truth, that you've been trollin all along

1/10

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Merth View Post
    +1
    +2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I enjoyed it. I'll give you 7/10. If you send me some LSD I may increase it to 9/10
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners