Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zhanna High damage and board control

Im posting my priest deck for discussion and to share with people who wants a different deck.
    Here is it.

<<<Allies>>>
    The board controllers
    3x Jasmine
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Raven Wildheart

The kamikazes
    3x Tainted Oracle

The King's Protectors
    2x Birgitte Skullborn
    2x Aeon Stormcaller

<<<Items and Abilities>>>
    4x Tidal Wave
    4x Focused Prayer
    2x Retreat!
    3x Smite
    1x Resurrection

The Life Savers
    2x Healing Touch
    2x Book of Curses

<<<Weapons and Armor>>>
    4x Wizent's Staff
    2x The King's Pride

TOTAL = 40 Cards

<<<Optional Cards>>>
    Honored Dead (for more draw and heal)
    Radiant Sunlight (to nerf the enemy hero ability)

How I play this deck:
    Turns 1 and 2 basically there is nothing to do, just keep sacrificing some cards especially the high cost cards which you wont be able to cast soon.
    Turn 3 if I have Curses on hand so I cast it. No doubt Curse is the best T3 card to play. Sure that shadow players have Shriek to destroy the Curse, but it's ok! It means one less resource to enemy and one less Shriek on play (that could be used agains my Wizent's Staff).
    In turn 4 I have Jasmine or Aldon on hand 90% of the times. So casting one of these + Birgitte is the best choice.
    Turn 5 if I have Birgitte on the board (barely she survives more than one turn) cast Raven. The caution here is to never cast Raven without any Protector on the board because when enemy see her unprotected will be her end.
    Turn 6 cast Aeon or at least the one I didnt auto-sac in the beginning. Keep him healed he is one of the keys for winning the battle (use all the SE you had to make enemy cry for not killing the Aeon). If he is webed or frozen use the healing touch to dispel.
    Turn 7 if I have two or three allies free to do attack then its time to The King's Pride to enter play. In this point if the enemy dont destroy the KP a lot of damage will be done in one or two turns! Until he destroy the KP Ill have board control and made a lot of damage to hero. The caution here is to never go for the throat unless you have board control.
    Important to keep in mind is to ever have one or two Tidal waves on hand. So on T5 or T6 before cast Aeon just clean the board with Tidal. It make the all the game to change. If you have still allies on the board just make sure you will unleash all the attack on the hero before casting Tidal.
    I like the 2x Curse because it makes me prevent a lot of damage in any time of the game. And cause most shadow players shriek it, so they have one less shriek for my staves and one less resource to play next turn.

Some good matches I played, check the replays:
    xxDevilKingxx (me) vs Tuareggs1200
    xxDevilKingxx vs Nickko22 (this match I was only 4 hp and my enemy 40 hp, and I still win Had bad luck in the beginning but luck changes)
    Last edited by davidwm18; 04-20-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks very good, i would run 2 Aldon 4 Jasmine since you dont have Puwen, other are pretty good.

Do you have any problems with thad deck? I even would cut 3 Aldon for x4 retreat and x4 Jasmine there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dima, I like the Aldon + Jasmine combo in the mid game. Doing 7 damage + seducting one enemy is very fun to see. And with Aldon buff Jasmine can make 4 damage which can kill most 3~4cc enemys in one strike.
    Personally the 2x Retreat I use is more than sufficient until now. Im not feeling that I need 2x more.
    But the Radiant Sunlight I said as Optional cards is very powerful against mages (all I see is Eladwen now, fucking freeze ball makes me cry )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A must with TO is Ghost Maker. way better than trying to revive a TO with EP, which never happens
    unless you're already winning the game.

The rest of the build seems reasonable.
    To beat Eladwen, you need to outdraw her and stick a KP or Aeon, whatever is easier
    (I find KP much more useful actually, because of the instant buff, and I only use 3cc allies and Birgitte).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cosmo K, thank you for your feedback.
    Ive tried play with GM and I didnt like it. BUT that combo GM + TO seems pretty good Ill try it soon.

To beat Eladwen, you need to outdraw her and stick a KP or Aeon, whatever is easier
    (I find KP much more useful actually, because of the instant buff, and I only use 3cc allies and Birgitte).
    Yes, it's my strategy too. Dangerous 'cause I have to wait until they reach half deck more or less (to make sure they sac every other copy). So I destroy the research and the show begins. Not ever it works but when it does Its two or three turns to kill the mage.
    KP is a non-reliable way to win 'cause in the current 1.5 it's destroied most frequently. So I prefer to keep KP on hand until the best moment to use it strategically.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I keep 3 KP (even 4 sometimes) and WS and GM provide good distractions for LLN.
    how many can they have ? 2-3 ?
    plus you've got a better draw engine (usually) against mages.

nothing is reliable or for sure in this game, and in life (except death and taxes)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo K View Post
    I keep 3 KP (even 4 sometimes) and WS and GM provide good distractions for LLN.
    how many can they have ? 2-3 ?
    plus you've got a better draw engine (usually) against mages.

nothing is reliable or for sure in this game, and in life (except death and taxes)
    I agree but WS isnt distraction for LLN because it cant be destroied by LLN.
    Can you show your deck?

Edit: I think my deck is taking too much early-rush damage mainly against mages and warriors. I must wait until the opp player to be outdraw for me to own the game. Winning in this conditions is so much tasteful but its harder to play.
    If you could see my last replay and give a tip: xxDevilKingxx (me) vs Larvit
    Last edited by davidwm18; 04-21-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok I posted my current deck to fuel some discussion.

your game against Amber is great ... nice comeback.
    I don't think it could have been any easier except if you could have kept your focused prayer
    waiting for amber's weapon instead of killing the bazaar (a weird move on Amber's part btw).
    DR is evil, and kind of random esp. played like that. That guy had it coming.