Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Help with elementalis

Hi i made up an idea deck of elementalis in the custom AI and wanted some help to see if i should make it in my real deck because i only have a few crysstals so any comments would be greatful
    1 Elementalis
    4 Gargoyels
    3 Moltens
    3 Cobra demons
    4 Wulven tracker
    4 brutalis
    4 Shadow knight
    3 Belladonna
    3 Energy discharges
    3 life infusions
    1 Shadow font
    3 Sacrificial lambs
    4 Mocking armor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    4 Mind Control is auto-include in any elemental deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    4 Mind Control is auto-include in any elemental deck.
    I usually only run 3 o.0
    <------EZZE Tearz, Tearz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I usually only run 3 o.0
    Why? This card is pretty good, unless you're rushing, maybe...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Why? This card is pretty good, unless you're rushing, maybe...
    Because there has been too many times when I didn't want another Mind Control in my hand when I wanted more board presence.
    <------EZZE Tearz, Tearz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Because there has been too many times when I didn't want another Mind Control in my hand when I wanted more board presence.
    Yeah, with so little draw, this might be a fair point. But sometimes you need all 4 of them, in case of Eternal Renewal, that's not a problem, but usually it's better to add one for consistency's sake.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Carniboar can be brutal in an Elementalis deck. Between his own ability and the boost he gets from Elementalis, he can become incredibly difficult to kill and packs high damage potential.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikataru1 View Post
    Hi i made up an idea deck of elementalis in the custom AI and wanted some help to see if i should make it in my real deck because i only have a few crysstals so any comments would be greatful
    1 Elementalis
    4 Gargoyels
    3 Moltens
    3 Cobra demons - elementalis uses his shadow energy to do harm. It's difficult because people almost always seem to have an answer for his sensational buffs, but w/cobra demon, you need an excess of energy to save up for your allies. I'd only put this in if you had more shadow fonts. Seriously. So I'd advise you to take it out & add 1 other card, and put in some 1st allys, such as sandsnake or even put in 3 carniboars. If you go first, PUT DOWN CARNIBOAR.
    4 Wulven tracker - Ive only used it on two occasions because I like the idea of a completely guaranteed draw, but this can be a great card. It pays for itself if it can survive after it's first attack.
    4 brutalis - a good annoying card.
    4 Shadow knight - I used to run 4 until not too long ago, bit cut it down to 3. TRUST me. You have 1 to sacrifice or just throw for aggro (though there are better aggro cards), just remember this: if you have another 5cc card like Plasma behemoth or molten destroyer and 2 shadow knights, sacrifice 1 shadow knight, throw down the other 5cc ally. DONT buff it (unless you have enough for second turn), then throw down shadow knight if destroyed, theeeennnnn buff it. In addition, be mindful of the cards you put down "first" from left to right. When the board is cleared/wiped, the cards end up in the graveyard in the order they were on your board left to right, left being topmost, then descending on down. If you have 7 resources, put down your 5cc card FIRST, then a card like brutalis, so you have a better chance to bring it back. Very important.
    3 Belladonna - personally I don't really like this card. It's a good placeholder and great for aggro, but honestly, there are other cards you can put down instead. Unless you buff it, I don't see much of a use. usually by turn 4 people might have their shadow ability and tend to have kill/disabling cards @ resource 4 (or 5 for them if you went second, almost making her death 100%). put a card in which will be hard to kill like a chimera...or save your SE for a buffed Wulven tracker.
    3 Energy discharges
    3 life infusions
    1 Shadow font - this is a greatly underrated card (by some). Put in either 2 or 3. 2 is probably enough. Good for countering priest of the light and just a good card to use when you have breathing room, or a card already on the board.
    3 Sacrificial lambs - I LOVE this card, and sincerely wish I could find a way to put it in a competitive deck, but elementalis NEEDS Health sometimes. take out the the belladonna, and put in 2 of these, and 2 conversions. You don't want to just "sacrifice" a 7hp ally & not get any health back do you? Just my opinion
    4 Mocking armor - be careful, this armor hasn't quite been worked in yet with any useful builds, but it's always great to experiment and be creative. I hope it works out I would DEFINITELY include 2 conversions or 2 soul reapers since you're gonna be soaking up (indirect) damage. Idk about 4.....probably 3. Yeah 3. People don't expect elementals to use armor, and most likely will only keep 1 item destruction if any @ all. 3 is enough.
    To be honest, I'd run a shadow font zaladar deck of I were you, but since you're a bit stuck, I'll try to make some standard edits. Look @ the quoted part if you thought it'd be here.

Oh and do include 4 mind control. You'll be glad you did. I can understand 3...but elementalis doesn't have any other "get out of trouble" cards, so put them in there. Especially for the few times you have a sandworm, ericka, or other cards on the rampage
    Last edited by glencocoe; 03-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.