Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Android is fragmented not only in terms of hardware but software as well. With any of the more complex games, it's simply impossible to have it working on all devices without issues. Some developers simply choose not to have and support an Android version and there are those that have ported on Android but have decided to no longer work on it because the effort put in is not being justified by the benefits of having an Android version.

Regardless, if you're looking for support on something, I would suggest not letting your frustration get the better of you and baselessly blaming things on "bad coding".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, anadolt:

Anomaly HD is a high end game, with better hd graphics and more complex animations than shadow era.

They offer the ability to go for performance, or quality. I have played their game on my droid 2 with ZERO issues. Why is it so difficult to understand there just might be some coding problems?

Then there's uniwar, a multiplayer game as well. They have pretty good graphics, a better rating system, and an ingame chat that is time lapse, not normal. Oh, did I mention every single android device seems capable of running it?

That maybe shadow era should also offer a performance or quality choice? I mean, if you WANT customer issues or to lose money then feel free to cut off android market users. But you'll be shooting yourself in the foot.

A much better alternative is to find out why middle range devices have a hard time with shadow era. Droid 2 isn't even a low end. It's middling right now in the market. And shadow era rapes it. The last thing you want is so make your game so high quality that only people with good computers, iphones, and top of the line androids can play it.

You'll lose an awful lot of customers with your attitude, anadolt, if this trend continues.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only issue I've been having on my galaxy Note has been the deck editing bug. That stinks too because I have to completely rebuild my deck every time I want to make a change.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this has nothing to do with phone hardware performance or graphics capability. The game ran 100% fine in 1.29. It works just fine in AI mode. It works (almost) fine in wifi with a good connection. It just craps up whenever you're on a mobile network. This isn't about device support, it's about the network coding. I can refrain from calling it "bad" if you like so i'll just say "it used to work and now it doesn't" and you can do with that what you will. Unfortunately as I don't have any interest playing this on my PC, I'm basically going to stop playing the game now which is a shame as this was a fun TCG for me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sure code affecting network connectivity was changed a bit in v1.5 and it may or may not be causing issues. We are still looking into the issue and even we do not have a definitive answer on this yet so I appreciate your cooperation with sticking to the facts to help expedite the resolution of this problem.

With the pre-orders reopening and the release of v1.5 still only a week old, I hope players will understand if this problem hasn't been fixed sooner but it is on my list of priorities and we will try to get to the bottom of it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Same thing here
    On Xperia Neo V
    Please fix it Wulven

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I've noticed significant slowdown and it locks up for short periods, but only when on the Mobile network, zero issues in WiFi. I'm thinking it's to do with how the program is sending and receiving network data.
    I'm having the problem on both wifi and 4g so I don't think it's that. Game just freezes and never recovers on my ICS Xoom Tablet. I can maybe get through 1 in 7 matches with it like this... thats if I'm lucky.

It's definately not "low end" hardware, I'd guess that this is an ICS compatability issue from what I've been reading.

AnAdolt: We appreciate your hard work on resolving this issue as soon as you can, and we understand that it's not always an easy task by any means. Just don't mistake terms like bugged and bad coding for calling it a bad game or as a personal insult. We understand 100% the difficulty that comes with fragmentation of both hardware and software. It makes things more complex to deal with but by no means is impossible, hang in there!

In the mean time maybe rolling back the version on the marketplace to a prior version like 1.29, or providing us with a download link to it for those of us having trouble would be a good idea?
    Last edited by Sinvex; 03-19-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm using a Samsung Epic (Sprint branded Galaxy S) which is two year old hardware. I have zero problems running Shadow Era since the update. I've played on wifi and mobile data (can't test 4g, not avaviable in my area).

Granted, nothing about my phone is stock. I'm running CyanogenMod 9, an open source, community developed version of ICS.
    This beast comes out when it is 25 degrees below zero
    It can rip your head off
    It can fly as high as a bird
    It can bite your face

Theme Song

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinvex View Post
    I'm having the problem on both wifi and 4g so I don't think it's that. Game just freezes and never recovers on my ICS Xoom Tablet. I can maybe get through 1 in 7 matches with it like this... thats if I'm lucky.

It's definately not "low end" hardware, I'd guess that this is an ICS compatability issue from what I've been reading.

AnAdolt: We appreciate your hard work on resolving this issue as soon as you can, and we understand that it's not always an easy task by any means. Just don't mistake terms like bugged and bad coding for calling it a bad game or as a personal insult. We understand 100% the difficulty that comes with fragmentation of both hardware and software. It makes things more complex to deal with but by no means is impossible, hang in there!

In the mean time maybe rolling back the version on the marketplace to a prior version like 1.29, or providing us with a download link to it for those of us having trouble would be a good idea?
    I think there's a thread somewhere about additional issues with the Xoom and ICS. I'm running a Desire HD with Gingerbread, so maybe that's why I'm only having issues on mobile network, and you're unfortunately having issues all the time.

P.S: I love the avatar! FLCL for the win!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I think there's a thread somewhere about additional issues with the Xoom and ICS. I'm running a Desire HD with Gingerbread, so maybe that's why I'm only having issues on mobile network, and you're unfortunately having issues all the time.

P.S: I love the avatar! FLCL for the win!
    I'm just guessing based off the number of posts i found from people on ics devices, tablets in specific. I'm running the latest cm9 ics on mine. I've found posts from many people with the same problem (on various forums including here) using a wide spectrum of ics powered tablets.

I've also found that uninstalling and reinstalling gets me a match or two in before it starts again if I'm lucky, but nothing else seems to help. Tried it off Google play market as well as both the arm6 and arm7 packages from the site here... Same result with them all.