Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Newbie question about AI games

Do the AI games ever get more difficult/challenging? Are all AI games played for 20g and 100xp?

I was just curious if they ever get more challenging and/or rewarding. I've played about 15 games against the AI and am currently level 4, but so far the AI hasn't come close to beating me, so they're becoming less fun. I got the 100 Shadow credits (or whatever they're called) from that $2 million sweepstakes link and was able to buy a booster pack, but I assume I'll need a lot of cards to be competitive playing challenges against real players, so I was going to continue to grind/farm some more AI games.

I'm still only getting AI matches appearing with 100xp and 20g as rewards. Do they ever increase?

Also, I've never tried a custom AI game. What's the deal with Custom AI games? Do they give the same rewards? Are they more/less challenging?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The AI gets better card, but does not improve its play when it levels up.

The reward goes up to 200XP 50G.

You are better buying Elemental Boosters and selling them for gold than buying booster. You get better value for your money.

Custom AI games are games in which you design the deck the the AI will use against you. Same rewards.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How/where do I buy elemental boosters?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I meant Elemental Starter packs.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OK, thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing mostly PvP games since I started two weeks ago. I got a simple mage burn deck put together with Eladwen, and I was doing fairly well. When 1.5 came out, the changes to Eladwen (can no longer target heroes with her shadow ability) made my deck somewhat inviable as it was. I switched to a more creature oriented Gravebone deck and worked my way up to 240 rating with a pretty limited card pool, but I'm starting to try to grind out he AI more because I've found the competition much stiffer at 240 than at the previous ratings I was placed in.

My advice is to grind on the AI a little bit to get a decent deck together. Until you can routinely beat the AI at least 4 of 5 times consistently (everyone gets unlucky sometimes) you won't advance very far in PvP no matter how good your deck is. Luckily I've had some extensive experience with other TCGs that sped that process up for me a little bit. I strongly suggest against buying a ton of Elementalis decks at first just to get your gold up. It's only worth something like 1500 Gold which, while it will help get the cards you need, the value of learning the intricacies of Shadow Era by playing is much more valuable.

Besides, assuming you make 50G per match (once you reach a few more levels) against the AI, you win 4 of 5, and each match takes approximately 20 minutes, it will only take 12.5 hours of playing Shadow Era to make 1500 gold, which sounds like a lot in one day, but over the course of a week its only about 5 games a day.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    The reward goes up to 200XP 50G.
    Isn't it just 40G?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're right... I typed this thing a little too fast it seems. :S
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are there any cards that you can get from the booster packs that aren't on sale from the merchant?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nope, but cards in the merchant can run out of stock every now and then so you can pop boosters in hopes of landing the card you want; although this is not normally advised. Also, we will be implementing foil cards soon and those won't be available through the merchant.