Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good again, but NYM and pack wolf both 3 copies will probably results in nothing to play on T2, which is a big disadvantage versus mages. That's just me though
    May I watch your replay with this deck? Thx
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My IGN is Dwadist. All recend replays are free for watching
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus View Post
    My IGN is Dwadist. All recend replays are free for watching
    Oh it's you! I have noticed this IGN and thought this is a good MS player. Nice job! Thx for sharing

My MS still uses PBs though, a bit old style~
    Shadow Era, ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What concerns me about this deck, is that there no PB or MD. You should have Ogloth as an icing on the cake, but I don't think you can rely on him as a main damage source (at least not at the moment he has been summoned).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually is my main damage source a bunch of Pack Wolf and other 3cc allies together with SK. Ogloth is indeed only icing on the cake, except against Bainebow. Ogloth is more an attention grabber (and a very good one I might add). The moment I have boardcontroll is the moment Oggy can usually appear. And mostly I also don't use Ogloth at round 6, because rushing for him tend to be a fairly bad decision.

So he isn't realy a demage dealer more an support ally in my deck. If I fighting mages it is my tactic to trow allies at my oppent until I have a window where I can strike. With the right choise of allies and some patience are at least Eladwens vincible.

But don't get me wrong I love PBs and other fetties but they are to often with little effort stoppable. Its rather frustrating if you need your fetties as comeback and your opponent just play a retreat or something else. So I decided to create a deck that is more flexible. Its a very slow deck but it can work.
    Last edited by Larus; 03-22-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello everybody, here is my next update. I tried to make the gameplay more fluent and to benefit more from my allies as well as my ability.
    This is with what I came up with:

Moonstalker

x4 Pack Wolf
    x4 Infernal Gargoyle
    x3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    x4 Shadow Knight
    x2 Ogloth the Glotton

x4 Captured Prey
    x4 Now You're Mine
    x3 Sacrificial Lamb
    x3 Bloodlust
    x2 Ley Line Nexus
    x2 Shriek of Vengeance

x4 Wrath of the Forest

40 cards total

I really fell in love with the synergy between my allies and bloodlust which is the reason why I banned JD from my deck. As MS I'm able to bring a bunch of weenies on the field and hold them there. SK revive themself and my weenies and with the loop I can use them as attention grapper.

Here comes Bloodlust into play. (This card work btw. together with Oggy's ability and let him kill even 2 fetties at once if my opponent don't kill him immediately). Its mixes the damage rating of my opponent totally up and even DMT can have a melee hit to destroy item durability. A Pack Wolf with dmg 2 can become a hardhitter with 5 attack if I play another Wolf and BL in the next round. Not to mention the use in the early round when a Pack Wolf/Gargoyle become 4 attack.

JD on the other hand is of course but I think not as useful as BL in my deck. Insead of playing more cards and deal some ping dmg I can make even the smales ally to an living nightmare.

Questions or something unclear? Just ask!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You choose bloodlust instead of full moon because its minis one cost? Full moon performs better against mages especially, isn't it?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its not the final version as yet

So far I like Bloodlust more because 3cc is a magic number. I will test Full Moon in full length as well but its will surly result in a different playstile. FM is more versatile but can't help me that good for an early boardcontroll.

Once I make my decision I will update my first post and extend the tactic part. And afterwards I will maybe be mental rdy to move finally further and play something else for longer then a singel match on the ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been playing MS since I don't know when, and I can assure you, that most of MS deck building I have lack of these two points:
    1. Mages-prone (especially that Eladwen, please nerf her LoL)
    2. Board control, in term of:
    a. You come 2nd facing human enemy. Casting Jasmin in T3 before you cast your generic 3cc ally is trouble some, even if you kill her with NYM
    b. You have early bad hand and all you can do is defending/hide. Soon the enemy flooded the board with allies, waiting to reap you.

And most of MS deck building variation couldn't help to overcome this. But, most of MS deck building variations can help you to defeat rouge, warior, gravebone, hunter, and Elementalist. MS gives you 95% win to these heroes, except those with advanced cards. I can even win easily against defending lance with its annoying golden katar + poison and black garb's play, but I have to kneel down to shadow warrior who plays Evil Ascendant + Rampage recently.

Playing Ogloth

Based in my experience, playing Ogloth is tricky, as your opponent will try to disable/kill him as soon as he is cast. The key is to have severe ties.
    When facing warrior who loves to play crippling blow, you can cast Ogloth as soon as you can, as they will crippling him ASAP, and not kill him, they'll think about what is Ogloth with 0 atk? He can't attack nor devour other allies. As the game continues and many allies die, severe ties him and voila, came the super buffed Ogloth with One Kill Hit. Refence: Zenixtor (Amber) vs DjakartaXue (Moonstalker) got myself skipped one turn because my boss came at me to my desk and I should hide the screen LoL, but then in the end, the opponent give me "..." chat expression, says "GG" and quit,,,

But when you face mages, especially Eladwen, it is better to not playing Ogloth, since you will only waste 6 resources. She'll throw her ice, or spam him with fireballs. Even if she don't, she'll retreat him or DoU him.

Conclusion

Playing MS is all about board control, once you lost the board, you lost eventually.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your comment

I will give this thread the final update shortly, this time really . If someone got the reference for this thread anyways then might he or she know what this deck whant to be. So I will post the differenct variations of this deck soon and let you decide by yourself which one is the right for you.

I agree to you regarding boardcontroll is important but if you loose it you can oftan regain it also pretty easy. There is one variation with which I have a good stand against Eladwens, shadow mages on the other hand are the real threat. And of course you don't have to use Ogloth for this deck, as I said initially are 3 PBs or Bad Wolf also an exellent choise.

This deck will allow you to be competetiv with Moonstalker one the other, mages are always tricky but so are any good player.