Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Forever Alone Baduruu

A rarely seen hero with no Allies, outside of possibly a solo Serena, ally-less Baduruu may be as forever alone as it gets.

Let me start of by saying I am aware Baduruu is neither a great nor easy to use hero. Yet, when looking his ability to go solo, I was attempted to attempt a somewhat competively viable. The main purpose is to have fun more than win, not that winning isn't important. Although I am relatively new to Shadow Era, I have played a little bit of tcgs/ccgs and a decent amount of competitive pokemon, and based of GS's tiering system, pokemon can possibly translate into some deck building. Unfortuanetely, this deck is still only on the test server, laziness and frugality prohibit me from making it on the real server, and my deck outside of the test server is currently a priest deck. This is currently subject to change though.

Baduruu is often looked at as the second to worst hero. In fact, with a bad draw, Serena can be a large challenge. He has an excellent ability, but it is very expensive. He also while alone has no draw engine, outside of Grave Digger's Cloak, and Night Prowler, neither of which are useful. His weapon pool isn't amazing, although it it still is pretty good. The armor selection has armor available, but not anything like the Armor of Ages and Snow Sapphire. He clearly is a a long stretch from top tier material. Yet, Baduruu still is worth a shot.

Well, without further ado, here is the deck.

Hero:

X1 Baduruu

Why Baduruu one may ask? For a solo deck, I find Evil Ascendant extremely useful. So that eliminates half of the heros I could use. Next, I wanted to attempt a deck that isn't one of the top tier decks, and make it somewhat competitive-ish. I thought the hunter decks fit this bill, Into the Forest and both arrows are a nice touch. The choice was then in-between Banebow and Baduruu. Banebow has a great board control ability, but in the current rush meta, that is kind of useless. So, there was Baruduu. His ability to stall then get a 3 attack unlimited durability item while defending in theory seemed attractive, as did the potential to heal 5 health per turn. So, why not try? On paper he does seem like he has potential.

Abilities:
    X4 Flaming Arrow
    X4 Poison Arrow
    X4 Into the Forrest
    X4 Shriek of Vengeance
    X4 Evil Ascendant
    X3 Shadow Font
    X4 Rain Delay

The Arrows, despite being an auto sac against Darkclaw, are not only useful but needed. With EA down, 3 damage per turn is invaluable. Into the forest is pretty much a no brainer. For one resource, I get a turn of being hidden. Shriek is for getting rid of those teeth, and considering the eight autosacs against Darkclaw, the resource isn't that bad of a loss. It also is good for getting rid of armor. Evil Ascendant is crucial, and almost needs to be down by turn 5, or I will have a difficult time. Shadow Font speeds up my ability, so i can use it quicker. Getting a Soul Seeker or a Katar at turn 4 with +1 is extremely useful. Rain Delay gives me time to set up against ally based decks, such as Moonstalker, and is useful against any weenie rush. I didn't include rapid fire because of how low the durability of weapons is, and arrows are much more efficient most of the time.

Weapons/Armor

X4 Golden Katar
    X4 Soul Seeker
    X4 Crimson Vest

Crimson Vest lets me heal up to 5 damage per turn with soul seeker, works well with arrows and EA, and offers me some defense. With no allies wrath of the forest seems kind of silly. The not loosing durability of the Katar makes it very appealing against weenie rush decks, yet doesn't give me much offensive power with it's abysmal durability. It is overall very useful. Soul Seeker with Crimson Vest is a very strong combo once set up, and with Baduruu's ability it isn't impossible to do multiple times.

Total 40 cards.

Cards to consider (bold means higher consideration):
    Aimed Shot
    Rapid Fire
    Traps
    Careful Planning
    Tracking
    Here Be Monsters (Seems to be the only draw engine available)
    Acid Jet
    Bazaar
    Bad Santa
    Night Prowler
    Gravedigger's Cloak
    Guardian's Oath

That is the deck. It has been tested and refined against some friends and my siblings, yet no one who is necessarily someone who ladders.

I may update what to sac and the general strategy, if need be

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and if you would like to aid me in testing, just let me know.
    Last edited by Crooked Smile; 01-29-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting idea, but I have some doubts.. What would be your ideal T4 play? (in 1.3 his ability is lowered to 4 SE)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've actually been playing Badura extensively on the test server and he performs quite well with allies and allyless.

I had totally forgotton about rain delay so that is definitely something I can improve on for my deck.

However I think guardians oath is a massively superior weapon then the katar.

with aimed shot and baduras ability you have a 4 damage defender and with EA that means anything with 5 health will die attacking you

I think best case is turn 2 bazzar/arrow, turn 3 evil accent/arrow, turn 4/5 depending on if you go first can deploy bow and then aimed shot/arrow/trap.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    Do agree, also rapid fire is the must.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The name of this deck makes me smile.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    me too)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    The name of this deck makes me smile.
    +1000000
    p1p3p0k3r - Gatekeeper of paradise
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Member - Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    I've actually been playing Badura extensively on the test server and he performs quite well with allies and allyless.

I had totally forgotton about rain delay so that is definitely something I can improve on for my deck.

with aimed shot and baduras ability you have a 4 damage defender and with EA that means anything with 5 health will die attacking you

I think best case is turn 2 bazzar/arrow, turn 3 evil accent/arrow, turn 4/5 depending on if you go first can deploy bow and then aimed shot/arrow/trap.
    Thanks for the feedback, it is nice to see someone else using Baduruu. In retrospect, the Guardian's oath may work better and I will work on testing it to see how effective it is. Personally I have found traps not that useful, but I may reconsider. Aimed Shot also looks appealing, as does Bazaar.

Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Do agree, also rapid fire is the must.
    As far as rapid fire goes, I generally attempt to stall out allies with rain delay/into the forest, and haven't found too much use for it. I find weapon durability too short with the 5se cost to put them in play. Yet with the new update Rapid Fire will most likely be much more viable.

This is to everyone, do you believe I should have a 40+ deck? If not what cards should I remove.

And thanks to everyone who commented on the name.
    My Decks:

1.29 Baduruu

IGN: Crooked Smile (two spaces)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, Amazing deck!

I love the idea of playing Baduruu, was thinking of making a deck similar myself!
    I love the use of golden katar in unison with Baduruu's ability, and with evil ascendant and arrows, even the tougher allies will think twice about attacking your hero! soul seeker does wonders, acting as a viable source of healing and offense, thinking about it i would like to include rapid fire, played turn five (its not like we need to use a five resource bow that turn anyway, thanks to Baduruu's ability ), as this potentially doubles healing, and damage. although with this extra pace, master smith may be necessary in order to maintain that flow of damage.
    i'd possibly consider using infernal gargoyles, unaffected by evil ascendant, and another source of damage. i understand you're probably going with a no ally theme, but i just want a offensive Baduruu that will be fun to play and win me some games

Thanks for the list, its just what i need to get started! Hope my contributions weren't too bad, im a fairly new player :L

Cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    in my experience playing baduruu solo, night prowler is an absolute must. one use of it with a rapidfire out destroys your opponents hand. then follow up with a gravedigger's cloak to take cards from their graveyard. the arrows work well against moon's allies when you cant attack them. you dont really need the shadowfont either.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 03-16-2012 at 03:46 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory