Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My "Conservative" Boris Deck

Well I played a bunch of games with this and won most of them (mostly because I was sitting pretty at 0 rating and most enemies' main problem was card drawing) but I just wanted some opinions on my deck: (Warning: May resemble the old "Meatshield" deck since I used that as foundation for my deck xD)

Update: Removed 2 Lily,1 bazaar for 3 Birgitte
    Allies:
    x3 Birgitte
    x4 Jasmine
    x4 Puwen
    x2 Raven
    x3 Aldon
    x2 Earthen Prot.
    x2 Aeon
    Total: 20 Allies

Abilities
    x3 Smashing blow
    x1 Enrage
    x3 Crippling
    x4 BF
    x3 Retreat
    x1 Special Delivery
    Total: 15 Abilities

Items
    x1 SS
    x1 KP
    x2 JD
    Total: 4 Items

Hero
    x1 Boris

TOTAL 40 cards

P.S. I don't like any Kris suggestion for my deck since I'm not a big fan of weenies
    Last edited by Mdmarvel17; 03-15-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    - 2 lily

+ 1 enrage
    + 1 aldon

Not really enough items to justify her. She can be a really lame top deck if you didn't play KP already.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -2 lily
    +1 raven
    +1 aeon

-1 special delivery
    -1 bazaar
    -1 ss
    +3 santa

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @akratch: well i agree with you on that one, she's almost always one of my first draws and pretty much useless early but she did won me a game where my opponent destroyed my KP... as for that additional aldon, my deck runs fine with just 3 aldon, no shortages of aldon....
    @jacqui: ...santa? i already have BF bro and it's one of the best card draw engines out there but i might consider removing ss and lily and i'll definitely remove bazaar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Throw away Sapphire and add King's pride. Special delivery (I mean really?) for another Enrage of Rampage. OR remove something (like maybe JD, Earthen Protector) to fit in 4 Bad Santas, you really underestimating this card.
    Also I would suggest reconsidering Kris, because Kris + KP + Aldon is mage's horror (in case of Dagger of Unmaking).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @unruler: Come to think of it ....Ii never actually use sapphire xD so yeh +1 KP. I mainly use special delivery to dmg high hp units like plasma so that my ally currently on the board can kill it but I MIGHT remove it once I test my deck without it. JD is not coming out since that's a staple card of a basic boris deck and I might consider removing earthen and try to fit in some kris' and see how I can handle him. I'm hesitant about adding some santa's because I often win by outdrawing my opponent and I don't want them to have any chances to come back at me. I'm gonna try those kris combos soon and see how it goes for me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In higher ranked play I doubt outdrawing would be the defining factor of a win. Bad Santa's are not cards that are used for your leisure at all times, but for emergencies where you are in desperate need of an answer for a situation. So at least consider +3 of them. I do suggest getting more than 1 KP. In my experience, top decking a KP, even have 2 in the deck, is miserable. If JD is a staple card of a Boris deck (not arguing with the statement but...), why not include more than 2? Also try -1 Jasmine and +1 Raven. I suppose that's quite self explanatory. If your gonna use KP and Aeon/Earthen having 4 early game board control allies isn't gonna help a great deal.

My opinions, think of them as you will. Might not even be correct. Just some suggestions.

Best regards,
    Benacio
    My decks (More to come)
    Ter Adun Control 1.28 Deck