Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shadow armor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i thought it would work great with moony, until i had a mage throw out a few weenies and supernova... lots of SE for sure, but dead wolf
    "It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."

A1's Paraniod Android

http://www.a1-alliance.org/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkloki View Post
    I brought this up a long time ago. The response i got was mainly, "yup, its a risky card, use wisely!" I dont think people realized then how useless this card would be.
    I don't think it's useless! STILL haven't had a chance to test it though. =)

BUT I kind of like it. I think building a deck around 4x Energy Discharge, tons of healing, and Dimension Ripper would work pretty well with this armor in an Elemental's hands. Elementalis for fatties + healing, and then Zaladar for pure damage.

And even though it has an Elemental on the card art I think it has extremely practical application for the Wulven

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    I don't think it's useless! STILL haven't had a chance to test it though. =)

BUT I kind of like it. I think building a deck around 4x Energy Discharge, tons of healing, and Dimension Ripper would work pretty well with this armor in an Elemental's hands. Elementalis for fatties + healing, and then Zaladar for pure damage.

And even though it has an Elemental on the card art I think it has extremely practical application for the Wulven
    Yeah I am working on a deck Right now focusing on shadow armor w/zaladar. When equipping shadow armor and using ability and killing allies, you get this snowball effect. I'd say just like using certain cards for certain heroes, this is an automatic sacrifice against mages

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    Yeah I am working on a deck Right now focusing on shadow armor w/zaladar. When equipping shadow armor and using ability and killing allies, you get this snowball effect. I'd say just like using certain cards for certain heroes, this is an automatic sacrifice against mages
    I hope someone can find a use for this armor. lol. I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to use it effectively.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterStrategist View Post
    i dont understand why shadow armor needs to have a negative effect. it costs 6 so its supposed to be awesome. but you take 2 dmg when you kill an ally, and on top of that it has a common armor defense of 2, so youll still be taking damage by a lot of allies. has anybody found a use for this armor? the negative effect is keeping me away from it.
    I've done a fair bit of theory-crafting around Shadow Armor, and a bit of playtesting with my Shadow Stalker deck so here goes:

Although limited to control decks, it can be very useful but does need an element of healing which is hard to manage with an Elemental deck. Like most cards it needs a combo to work well. Of all the Heroes that are able to use it I find that it is most suitable in the following order:

Moonstalker
    Zaladar
    Darkclaw
    Elementalis (pretty much useless)

I find it most useful for Wulven (specifically Moonstalker) when combined with Lone Wolf in solo control deck building. My Shadow Stalker deck is by no means complete and given the length of matches I have not refined it to be competitive, but believe it could be. The specific cards that I use in combination with the best synergy are below:

Shadow Armor - to stockpile Shadow Energy while burning through allies and alternating with Crescendo.
    Lone Wolf (and regeneration) - survival.
    Crescendo - can be used as pseudo old Darkclaw ability and allow offensive attacks Vs allies to negate retaliation damage as defence increases.
    What Big Teeth (with Speedstrike) - can take down allies offensively when damage negated/reduced by armour.
    Master Smith - This can help reduce the amount of Crescendo and Shadow Armor in the deck and also supports What Big Teeth destruction (also allows for mind games depending on what armour they see you return to your hand).
    Evil Ascendant - enables the targeting of high HP allies as they decompose.

The other cards in the Shadow Stalker build also compliment all the strategies above for eg Captured Prey for armoured allies, and Rabid Bite to disable fatties and exhaust them preventing ability use and defence. However, (especially in it's current form) it takes some practise and imagination to play well.

I started to test a Zaladar burn build which I think may be viable, but I didn't spend enough time on it to find out.
    Last edited by Keaven; 03-20-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    I've done a fair bit of theory-crafting around Shadow Armor, and a bit of playtesting with my Shadow Stalker deck so here goes:

Although limited to control decks, it can be very useful but does need an element of healing which is hard to manage with an Elemental deck. Like most cards it needs a combo to work well. Of all the Heroes that are able to use it I find that it is most suitable in the following order:

Moonstalker
    Zaladar
    Darkclaw
    Elementalis (pretty much useless)

I find it most useful for Wulven (specifically Moonstalker) when combined with Lone Wolf in solo control deck building. My Shadow Stalker deck is by no means complete and given the length of matches I have not refined it to be competitive, but believe it could be. The specific cards that I use in combination with the best synergy are below:

Shadow Armor - to stockpile Shadow Energy while burning through allies and alternating with Crescendo.
    Lone Wolf (and regeneration) - survival.
    Crescendo - can be used as pseudo old Darkclaw ability and allow offensive attacks Vs allies to negate retaliation damage as defence increases.
    What Big Teeth (with Speedstrike) - can take down allies offensively when damage negated/reduced by armour.
    Master Smith - This can help reduce the amount of Crescendo and Shadow Armor in the deck and also supports What Big Teeth destruction (also allows for mind games depending on what armour they see you return to your hand).
    Evil Ascendant - enables the targeting of high HP allies as they decompose.

The other cards in the Shadow Stalker build also compliment all the strategies above for eg Captured Prey for armoured allies, and Rabid Bite to disable fatties and exhaust them preventing ability use and defence. However, (especially in it's current form) it takes some practise and imagination to play well.

I started to test a Zaladar burn build which I think may be viable, but I didn't spend enough time on it to find out.
    Very good! like I said earlier, I've been testing zaladar and had a really cool thing going...but still working on things.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    as of now it's useless..

but later on there may be quite the combos to compliment it
    Enjoying the game and having fun

FYI to all, my grammer is terrible haha. Don't expect much there >,<
    iGigge - Head of the Red Wizards
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zaladar can use this to gain multiple uses of his ability and he has lots of access to healing. I had a deck I used on test server which basically gave me unlimited lightning strike but I forgot to include armor destruction in my build and spelleater bands and this was my downfall. Never got back around to tweaking to make the deck better but if you use it you'll also need conversion and soul reaper in your deck.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seragyn View Post
    i thought it would work great with moony, until i had a mage throw out a few weenies and supernova... lots of SE for sure, but dead wolf
    It can be used cautiously against Mages, but you need Crescendo to remove it. First you can bait the weenie deployment with Shadow Armor before switching into Crescendo and hiding.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha, just killed a moonstalker using this armor by suiciding my army of Firesnake on a Dark Flayer, lol... Very fun move (for me).
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱