Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

how to eneter tournaments?

Hi Everybody, been playing for over a year and a half, but never in organised tournaments, how do i get myself in there?

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfetta View Post
    Hi Everybody, been playing for over a year and a half, but never in organised tournaments, how do i get myself in there?

Thanks
    You simply needs to look around the Organized Play thread and when a new tourney pop-up, you jump on it!
    Zoolgar - The Dragon Reborn
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Asia Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To add some more details, there are generally two types of tournament. You have pop-ups, and you have bigger tournaments. Pop-ups usually follow the following structure: They "pop up" in the forums a few hours before start time, get 8-16 players, use a fairly simple format, and play all the rounds in a few hours. Larger tournaments often have more players, more complex structures, and last much longer, with several days for players to play rounds.(Because of timezone issues, this is often needed.)

My advice would be to check the SE forum for pop-ups whenever you remember. Bookmark this area of the forum, and when you see a pop-up, read through the rules to avoid any surprises and then sign up. Don't sign up unless you have a few hours to spare. I would suggest allowing one hour per round for a pop-up. So if a 16-man pop-up starts at 10:00 am GMT, don't sign up unless you can stay til 2:00 pm GMT for the finals.

Pop-ups are the best way to start entering tournaments for most players. You might want to check recent pop-up threads and take note of their start times. If you're in a bad timezone, you'll have to stick with larger tournaments that allow for enough time to play that nearly anyone can play in them. Just make sure you have a decent spread of hours where you can play. You don't need to be available 14 hours a day, but if you're available for 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the evening, that's FAR better than just 2 in the evening.
    IGN: TJ SalivanthX, changing to TJ Salivanth. Member of Team Juggernauts.

My guides:

How to think in card advantage.

SC's won lifetime: 11,850
    Biggest win: 5,000 SC's. (1st place Crown(14) Meltdown Tourney.)

1st - 1 16-man Pop-Up, 3 8-man Pop-Ups, Crown (14). (7,000 SC's)
    2nd - 1 16-man Pop-Up, 2 8-man Pop-Ups, Randomizer 5. (1,500 SC's)
    3rd/4th - Asia/Oceania Regionals, SE Lower Division Tournament, SamJ's Backyard Brawl #2 (3,350 SC's)