Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Energy Discharge

Energy Discharge

I just started using this card with Zaladar which I also just bought with gold just a second ago. And I have to say that it is a really fun card. It is really satisfying to see an opponent build a strong field. Then to play a Fire Snake + Energy Discharge = Hadouuuuuukkennn!!

Anyways I like this card because I think it works well with both Elemental heroes. Now that I think of it, it may actually be stronger with Elementalis because of the fact that it could really help you build the ultimate field. Hmm.

As to help me learn the game as soon as possible I would like to know what is the general consensus on the card in the current version and also in 1.5, if you know.

With my 3 games so far, I find it works well with Armor of Ages. Because unless they break your armor which I understand 1.5 has a new card for breaking high cost items, but unless they do, they have to swarm you to get through the defense. But if they swarm, you can Hadouuuuken.

thanks
    Last edited by Sprinkles; 03-08-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is usually considered third in the list current board wipes (Tidal Wave, Super Nova - not a true wipe, and Energy Discharge).

You should really not be building Elemental decks around the card, in my opinion. It is used more as an "oh crap" last resort to take back the board. The fact that you must sac an ally AND take 5 damage makes the card very situational. Still, it is better than no board wipe options and definitely worth including two or three in your deck. Just be sure you also include a Soul Reaper or two for a burst heal (I have healed from 2hp to full hp with this card) to make up for the damage your hero takes.

I enjoyed your Street Fighter Hadooken reference; very appropriate. I wish that was the flavor text on the card.
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, ED combos pretty good with Oggy if you can get and keep him out. I do agree with blueblurr though, it tends to be situational.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While I will agree that its far from the best thing ever, it is a board wipe that allows you to keep your allies (other than the sacrificed one, of course). So in that respect, its really good. But once again I think BlueBlurr does a good job of summing things up lol
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you do yourself a great disservice if you don't include at least 2x Energy Discharge in pretty much any Elemental deck. Not ALWAYS the case, but nearly always.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    I think you do yourself a great disservice if you don't include at least 2x Energy Discharge in pretty much any Elemental deck. Not ALWAYS the case, but nearly always.
    Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    2 is my standard. Along with some Brutalis' to power them usually. (I find Fire Snake runs out of puff mid-to-late game, and Spark just doesn't cut it with the 40 card minimum.)
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    2 is my standard. Along with some Brutalis' to power them usually. (I find Fire Snake runs out of puff mid-to-late game, and Spark just doesn't cut it with the 40 card minimum.)
    Enter N3rd...
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    Enter N3rd...
    I'm more worried about the inevitable retaliation from everyones favourite serpent.

*runs and hides*
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoRporis View Post
    Actually, ED combos pretty good with Oggy if you can get and keep him out. I do agree with blueblurr though, it tends to be situational.
    Mocking Armor - Oggy + weenie - Energy Discharge. Epic but difficult.