Close

Thread: 1.29 Banebow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.29 Banebow

The basis of the deck abuses what Banebow seems to be good at. Board control. As a hunter he has options to clear the board (arrows, bows) and to hold it (dmt, bloodlust, trap). What makes Banebow so nasty is his ability to literally just take control around turn 3. This is very crucial as most weenie decks or even human decks period will get out allies like Jasmine at this point. The idea behind this deck is to be able to clear out allies quickly and establish board before you get behind. Once you have control, you can use banebow's ability coupled with arrows and the efficient allies in this deck to ensure you keep control.

Banebow (40 cards)

4 infernal gargoyle - extremely tough to kill, decent damage, can attack allies and survive to repeat
    4 brutalis - needed to stabalize early, chunky
    4 plasma behemoth - land 1 or 2 after you gain board and it's pretty gravy, I typically will use 1 at a time to avoid losing card advantage/board to a sweep
    3 belladonna - a cantrip and a great ally to swing with if she hits on an open board, which is common for this deck, also can be resourced
    4 death mage thaddeus - this guy is a crux of this deck. he avoids armor, helps clear the board, is great with bloodlust and can take a hit from most early allies you need him against

3 poison arrow - used to clear board, works against Puwen if you didn't get a brutalis, don't be afraid to burn a snake t2 (plenty of arrows)
    3 flaming arrow
    2 bloodlust - gives extra punch to a brutalis t3 worst case scenario, easy resource, allows greater reach, gives thaddeus some more purpose
    3 shriek of vengeance - destroys so many useful cards: wizents, jeweler's dream, research (!!), curse, evil ascendent
    2 acid jet - helps to punch through armor and wear out problem weapons like soul seeker
    3 wrath of the forest - just slap one of these bad boys on t4 and you are good to go, a better choice than belladonna if she will just die
    4 soulseeker - no explanation necessary. The best hunter card, period.

Any feedback is appreciated. I've gone through quite a few variations, and this one isn't perfect, but I'd like to see what others think of the "weak spots" or what they are. Also, I know it's 1.29, but this is what I play since I do the majority of my SE on an iphone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice deck, but I don't like Bella, maybe Chimaera would be better (but really, both suck and Shadow Knight would be best of all).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Figures they would literally update that day. Working on a new version, trying to decide if night prowler has merit or if I should use my other version that got me to 270.