Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face My Boris deck for a one hit KO

Guys this is my Boris deck which i have been using to finish off my opponents in a single hit or two at the most. It takes some patience though(upto 10-11 turns sometimes!)
    Please feel free to criticize and advise me on this strategy. It would help me a lot in improving it..

2X Sandra Trueblade
    4X Kristoffer Wyld
    4X Puwen Bloodhelm
    2X Birgitte Skullborn
    4X Blake Windrunner
    2X Marshland Sentinel
    1X Aeon Stormcaller
    2X Valiant Defender
    2X War Banner
    2X Smashing Blow
    3X Crippling Blow
    1X Rampage
    1X Enrage
    1X Blood Frenzy
    2X Shield Bash
    2X Retreat
    3X Special Delivery
    4X Extra Sharp
    1X Jeweler's Dream
    1X King's Pride

I usually keep sac'ing till T4 or T7(depending on my opponent), as soon as i get 3 resources i cast warbanner. I usually try to cast blood frenzy as soon as i get it. By T4 i have blakes, puwen or kris ready in my hand.I keep defending myself upto this point any way i can(CB,SD,SB, and Enrage). As soon as i hit 7 resources i cast king's pride and wait out till the next turn casting 2-3 blakes. My opponent usually takes them out all at once seeing their high damage. This works in my favour since the next turn i cast jeweler's dream, attack the enemy regain 2 resources and bring in my puwens or sandra and cast valiant defender too. the next turn my hero takes a lot of damage but not enough to kill him. The last turn is the kill and final move where my allies take out the enemy in a single turn. kings pride,warbanner and extra sharp gives 4 of my allies a huge +5 damage output.

so what do you guys think?..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With only 1-2 copies of critical cards like king's pride, I don't see how you can consistently draw any of them as and when you need them.

No offense, but your deck looks like something you cobbled together from your starter deck and boosters purchased with the free shadow crystal deal and the extra crystals/gold from grinding to lv5+.

My advice is to remove the dead cards like sandra, extra sharp and special delivery, while increasing the key cards like blood frenzy, enrage, jeweller's dream and aeon. See the thread below for some ideas.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-310-deck-1-28
    Last edited by abazigal; 03-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sandra is pretty bad.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    With only 1-2 copies of critical cards like king's pride, I don't see how you can consistently draw any of them as and when you need them.

No offense, but your deck looks like something you cobbled together from your starter deck and boosters purchased with the free shadow crystal deal and the extra crystals/gold from grinding to lv5+.

My advice is to remove the dead cards like sandra, extra sharp and special delivery, while increasing the key cards like blood frenzy, enrage, jeweller's dream and aeon. See the thread below for some ideas.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-310-deck-1-28
    I am very new at this game(3-4 days to be exact)
    and till now i have not been able to invest any real money. I plan to buy my way into the top powerful cards asap, and i'm not at all offended by your suggestion. I have gone upto rank 176 with this strategy so i wanted to be sure if it would guarantee me survivability in the later top ranks.
    I will surely check out the thread you posted.
    Cheers!..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see this deck getting you past a 150 rating and staying there. You have no draw consistency, made even worse by the lack of any draw engine beyond 1 Blood Frenzy, and most players are not only going to have you half dead by the time you play your 1 King's Pride (which you probably won't even have by turn 7), they will have item destruction waiting for you (particularly in 1.5 with Ley Line Nexus). Get rid of some of your cards and replace with the ones you actually use.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    One Word: -2 Sandra Trueblade
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

so i learn

So what i learn is that i should lose sandra and get more blood frenzies and kings pride.?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When you read some of the guides in these forum you will realise that 1. just one card is nearly always a bad idear, and 2. adding every card that can be useful is not the way to a functional deck.

I really can't repeat what has already has been said so I suggest you read some of the guides ands decks and figure by yourself out who to make a decent deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There're some great articles here in the forums, I suggest that you check those.

All in all, when building a deck you either need to

a) have a way to gain early board control
    b) have a way to gain the board later on
    c) have enough burn/weapon damage to kill the opponent while keeping his threats (allies) at bay
    d) have a way to survive long enough to make your opponent run out of cards

Now, this deck has neither (you pack a bunch of 2ccs, why just sac till turn 4-5?)

A good deck also needs a way to draw cards, and your deck especially needs this since it packs so many low-cost cards. All you have is a single blood frenzy. It is arguably the best draw engine in the game, but one copy takes you nowhere. You want to play that card as soon as you can - with one copy, the chanse of drawing that early is minimal.

Speaking of that, a good deck also needs consistency. Having lots of single copies of a card isn't a reliable way to draw them when you need it - why bother having one when you don't most likely get it? Figure out what you need the most and pack 3-4 copies of those. In my opinion, single copies are only good when you're trying to play mind games with your opponent or to confuse reverse-engineers.

Instead of trying to kill your opponent in one turn, try to find a way to hold the board for long enough to finish the opponent off. One-hit KO is rarely going to happen. Also, compare cards and see which of them are the most useful for you - I really don't see any use for those sandras, and marshlands aren't worth a deck slot imo. On the other hand, your deck doesn't have Jasmines or Aldons, which are excellent 3cc cards.

Also, design a dreamstart for your deck (when going both first and second) and see that you've enough good cards to be played on important turns. Think about what your opponent will probably play and design your deck accordingly.

Welcome to SE - it's a great game with lots of things to learn.
    Last edited by Finneri; 03-07-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Finneri - Eternal Hammerer of A1 - Evolution In Theory

http://www.a1-alliance.org/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Finneri View Post
    There're some great articles here in the forums, I suggest that you check those.

All in all, when building a deck you either need to

a) have a way to gain early board control
    b) have a way to gain the board later on
    c) have enough burn/weapon damage to kill the opponent while keeping his threats (allies) at bay

Now, this deck has neither (you pack a bunch of 2ccs, why just sac till turn 4-5?)

A good deck also needs a way to draw cards, and your deck especially needs this since it packs so many low-cost cards. All you have is a single blood frenzy. It is arguably the best draw engine in the game, but one copy takes you nowhere. You want to play that card as soon as you can - with one copy, the chanse of drawing that early is minimal.

Speaking of that, a good deck also needs consistency. Having lots of single copies of a card isn't a reliable way to draw them when you need it - why bother having one when you don't most likely get it? Figure out what you need the most and pack 3-4 copies of those. In my opinion, single copies are only good when you're trying to play mind games with your opponent or to confuse reverse-engineers.

Instead of trying to kill your opponent in one turn, try to find a way to hold the board for long enough to finish the opponent off. One-hit KO is rarely going to happen. Also, compare cards and see which of them are the most useful for you - I really don't see any use for those sandras, and marshlands aren't worth a deck slot imo. On the other hand, your deck doesn't have Jasmines or Aldons, which are excellent 3cc cards.

Also, design a dreamstart for your deck (when going both first and second) and see that you've enough good cards to be played on important turns. Think about what your opponent will probably play and design your deck accordingly.

Welcome to SE - it's a great game with lots of things to learn.
    thanks a ton for your advice!! i really want to get good at this game and i'll do the necessary tweaks to my deck. also dont you think marshland's reduce base damage to zero is a good idea? i mean its good for shutting down enemy allies.