Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperate!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The group is very talented especially for people so young ! They are very good, very unique. Love the lyrics, music is great and the video is by far the best of all of those who are auditioning. (Yes I watched every single one. Some of them I didn't watch completely because repetition with nothing on top of it to make it interesting is not something I find attractive and I do not like lack of intonation, and some of them didn't quite fit the genre of "Jazz") This band is jazzy, but not as jazzy as ORGANism. Who I thought fit the best description of jazz out of everyone who was auditioning. They were wonderful and very professional and their saxophonist was spectacular. They were a typical jazz band. Definitely in my top three. Le Chat Lunatique, was fantastic! It was a bit bluesy....but so good....loved it and want it on my ipod...I might be a bit biased because I am also a violinist....but their guitarist was also amazing :3 they had a very original sound I really liked it.....lyrics were also very very interesting.....but their video wasn't as good as The Yesberger Bands video.

Overall the Yesberger Band did a terrific job and I can definietly see why they are at Berkley they deserve to be there and are probably having a blast (one of my good friends go there and he LOVES it). If I look at everything,and include the age and experience factor I think the Yesberger Band takes it....even though it was my second favorite....It would also kick start their career....so I voted ^-^

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Great song and video. Your friends have talent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Apsara View Post
    The group is very talented especially for people so young ! They are very good, very unique. Love the lyrics, music is great and the video is by far the best of all of those who are auditioning. (Yes I watched every single one. Some of them I didn't watch completely because repetition with nothing on top of it to make it interesting is not something I find attractive and I do not like lack of intonation, and some of them didn't quite fit the genre of "Jazz") This band is jazzy, but not as jazzy as ORGANism. Who I thought fit the best description of jazz out of everyone who was auditioning. They were wonderful and very professional and their saxophonist was spectacular. They were a typical jazz band. Definitely in my top three. Le Chat Lunatique, was fantastic! It was a bit bluesy....but so good....loved it and want it on my ipod...I might be a bit biased because I am also a violinist....but their guitarist was also amazing :3 they had a very original sound I really liked it.....lyrics were also very very interesting.....but their video wasn't as good as The Yesberger Bands video.

Overall the Yesberger Band did a terrific job and I can definietly see why they are at Berkley they deserve to be there and are probably having a blast (one of my good friends go there and he LOVES it). If I look at everything,and include the age and experience factor I think the Yesberger Band takes it....even though it was my second favorite....It would also kick start their career....so I voted ^-^
    Wow, thank you for taking the time to check out all the groups. Seriously. I was going to say you must be a musician if you felt the need to check out all the groups, and then I read that you played the violin. Haha. I knew it! :P

Yeah I think if I didn't vote for the Yesberger Band, I would probably have to vote for ORGANism or SuperCollider. I think ORGANism is, like you said, straight ahead jazz, and they groove hard. The other groups are great too. Le Chat Lunatique is AWESOME. Let me just say that you are not biased (well maybe a little). I love gypsy jazz and they do a great job. But honestly the guys they are playing with on stage are going to be in such a different style. Unfortunately there isn't much of an audience for such an old jazz style anymore. Great stuff, just doesn't resonate with people nowadays as much.

Which is why I think my friend's band is so promising. They are jazzy enough to make you realize that they are musicians of real substance, but poppy enough to really be listenable to a larger audience.

Thanks again for the vote! Be sure to vote everyday until Monday if you get the chance!
    "The best things in life make you sweaty."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

IGN: Mankey Magic

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Great song and video. Your friends have talent.
    Thank you Gondorian!

Are you from the UK?! Have you heard of Jamie Cullum? My friend is hugely influenced by him.
    -Edgar Allan Poe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lady Apsara,

Since you seemed interested in these bands, I guess SuperCollider has a free EP available for download if you're interested.

http://supercolliderband.bandcamp.com/

I haven't listened to all the tracks but so far I only really like "Cuz I'm Here". I play the guitar and just love that solo in the middle.
    -Edgar Allan Poe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    WOW!!!!

Wonderful ^-^

I am listening right now ^-^ Thankies sooo much ;3
    And their style is Gypsy Jazz?? (I'm not familiar with jazz genres) but I found my new fave ;D

Thanks so much for sharing this ^-^ It's awesome !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mankey Magic View Post
    Lady Apsara,

Since you seemed interested in these bands, I guess SuperCollider has a free EP available for download if you're interested.

http://supercolliderband.bandcamp.com/

I haven't listened to all the tracks but so far I only really like "Cuz I'm Here". I play the guitar and just love that solo in the middle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, gypsy jazz is the style of folks like Django Reinhardt. Of the groups in the competition, Gypsy Jazz Social Club and Le Chat Lunatique (your favorite) are of the gypsy jazz genre.

SuperCollider (also a band in the competition, don't vote for them though. Haha) is more like pop/jazz but takes a more modern and less pop oriented approach than the Yesberger Band.

Glad you're enjoying the tunes.
    -Edgar Allan Poe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i listened. i cant get into it, sorry. but if i vote for your band will it show up on my page? i dont facebook a lot
    ⊰☠ Mємвєr of I-5 ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for listening! Umm.. I think it depends on how your privacy settings are set. You can always delete it off your wall after you vote as well.
    -Edgar Allan Poe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    voted
    ⊰☠ Mємвєr of I-5 ☠⊱