Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Counter for elementals

hello fellow warriors, i really need some effective counters against elementals. i play boris using mainly bladerunners alongwith kings pride and warbanner. my opponents playing elementals mainly use lightning alongwith their hero ability to cause damage to multiple allies. any tips, guys?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    hello fellow warriors, i really need some effective counters against elementals. i play boris using mainly bladerunners alongwith kings pride and warbanner. my opponents playing elementals mainly use lightning alongwith their hero ability to cause damage to multiple allies. any tips, guys?
    If you post your deck list we can have a look at it. Needless to say Elementals aren't the most powerful class, and there are plenty of ways to beat them (I assume you're referring to Zaladar here though.)

One big thing to remember is go easy on the heavy allies, a good elemental player almost ALWAYS keeps a Mind Control for your Raven/Aeon.

Also, Blake is not the best choice for an early ally in the current meta. Leaves you very open for a Death Mage to come and ruin your day. Use Puwen instead.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    If you post your deck list we can have a look at it. Needless to say Elementals aren't the most powerful class, and there are plenty of ways to beat them (I assume you're referring to Zaladar here though.)

One big thing to remember is go easy on the heavy allies, a good elemental player almost ALWAYS keeps a Mind Control for your Raven/Aeon.

Also, Blake is not the best choice for an early ally in the current meta. Leaves you very open for a Death Mage to come and ruin your day. Use Puwen instead.
    i will post my deck as soon as i get to a pc. and i usually "rush" in for the kill leaving almost no time for my enemy to counter back.
    Blake along with kings pride, warbanner and extra sharp gives him a ridiculuos 8 damage!! have three of them on the play and its an easy win. i also use valiant defender or cover the knight if available at the right time. so whaddya think of my strategy?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    i will post my deck as soon as i get to a pc. and i usually "rush" in for the kill leaving almost no time for my enemy to counter back.
    Blake along with kings pride, warbanner and extra sharp gives him a ridiculuos 8 damage!! have three of them on the play and its an easy win. i also use valiant defender or cover the knight if available at the right time. so whaddya think of my strategy?
    Valiant defender is ok, less useful with Elementals as there are so many ways for them to get rid of your allies without attacking (Mind Control, Zal's ability, Energy Discharge, Thaddeus, Behemoth) Lose Cover of Night, Valiant Defender is identical in functionality and half the cost.

Like I said before, there's too many ways to counter Blake. He's a glass cannon, and it's hard to keep him alive for a turn. Using Puwen, you still do massive damage with your combo (7 instead of 8), he costs the same, and has far more survivability.

A good way to counter Elementals is Birgitte Skullborn. Having her on the field means MC is useless, and Zal's ability can't hit your more valuable allies.

Boris is an excellent hero at all stages of the game. It seems however, you're focussing a little too much on late game, relying heavily on King's Pride (turn 7 earliest). You need to have board presence by turns 3 and 4, Boris's ability being excellent in this regard. Jasmine and Aldon are essential, and will help with your King's Pride/War Banner combo late game.

That's all I can say without seeing your deck list in it's entirety. Hope to see it soon!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At least your name fits your playstyle well, Speed Freak.

Sadly, your style will not win against many decks. No opponent is going to allow an 8-damage Blake to swing at them; they WILL have counters, be it board wipe, blowing up your King's Pride, or simply going for the throat and killing you before you can build up this combo. Preybird is right, you really should consider Puwen for a 2cc ally.

Rush decks are a gamble. If you draw the right cards, go first, and your opponent cannot retaliate fast enough, you win. Notice how many "ifs" that is? If you like rush decks (I do too), you should try to build a deck that has the POTENTIAL to rush if those stars align, but can also fall back on other cards and strategies if those don't show up in your starting hand or if you go second. Make sense?

There's a lot of good posts you can read through in this section. Keep at it and soon you'll realize Elementals are one of the easier classes to beat.
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I second the Puwen bloodhelm. He is worlds better in almost every scenario.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akratch View Post
    I second the Puwen bloodhelm. He is worlds better in almost every scenario.
    Pack Wolf begs to differ.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Pack Wolf begs to differ.
    Well pack wolf had nothing to do with the comparison so he can differ himself elsewhere. Of course he's better, he has an ability and costs the same.