Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    1-of cards should only be used if you can search your deck for them. In any other case 2-of is always better than 1-of. With 1-of cards you basically say "Meh, I can play without but they are a good luxury" which is a terrible thing to say as is and those cards only waste deck space especially in 1.29 where games never last more than 10 turns.

1x Enrage, 1x Soul Reaper, 1x Resurrection, 1x Eternal Renewal I can live with because you only need one of them with no exceptions and only in late-game. Others? No.

Only exceptions to this are cards that cost over 9 and are finishers but those don't exist in Shadow Era.
    I feel perfectly fine with 1 copy for this deck, except Rusty Longsword. I will remove it and change to Crippling Blow.
    I want to run 2 copies of Crippling Blow, can't decide which another card to remove

PS: In MTG we constantly use 1 copy even we don't have search deck cards. You only need some draw engine to make 1 copy work. (and it's easier in shadowera, 40cards only + Blood Frenzy + you want it after turn 7 = 1 copy)
    Last edited by stevevai1983; 03-05-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    I have one major complaint regarding your deck. It's already been discussed before and overall conclusion is that having only one copy of any card is not cool, have at least 2 or don't have any.
    I agree. Though I do understand the +1cc thing though. He's focusing on the 1cc cards as a group of 5, not separately. Just having a 1cc card period. So the 5/40 ratio gives better draw. I do it too to a degree.

For example I have 4 flayers & 2 carniboars, so I collectively have 6/40 draw for 2cc cards.

But I definitely agree w/you,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    I agree. Though I do understand the +1cc thing though. He's focusing on the 1cc cards as a group of 5, not separately. Just having a 1cc card period. So the 5/40 ratio gives better draw. I do it too to a degree.

For example I have 4 flayers & 2 carniboars, so I collectively have 6/40 draw for 2cc cards.

But I definitely agree w/you,
    exactly i treat Birgitte Skullborn as another 1cc card. So i have group of 5 1cc. Same for BS, i treat it as 2cc draw cards along with BF so i have 6/40 ratio.

anyway this deck has a major weakness: it cannot effectively deal with large allies. Especially if your opponent constantly drop large allies in mid-late game. And once they gain major board advantage, i just cant come back ! A good example would be Plasma Behemoth, god i hate this ally !
    Today i tried to modify my deck to have answers to large allies. I added Retreat and Crippling Blow but actually my win ratio is decreasing. My deck is weaker after this change.
    I realize I need to focus on one idea instead of try to build a deck that has no weakness (it's impossible lol)
    After test and test i decided to even more focus on early opening hand by getting 4BS + 2Birgitte Skullborn (so 6 1cc cards+ 8 2cc draw engine)
    I also get inspired by another 310 rating Amber deck thread in warrior strategy section. Yes Warrior Training!!!
    I never know Warrior Training is that powerful !. Today i won so many games because of Warrior Training+Armored Sandworm or Erika Shadowhunter.

Especially Warrior Training+Erika Shadowhunter is just pure evil. In warrior mirror when this combo lands it's almost auto win unless they have a retreat in their hand. (I totally screwed some Logan players with this lol)

I do need more games to test this new deck... if it's successful then i will post it
    anyway key word: 6 1cc, 8 2cc draw engine, Warrior Training combo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    yep it's your post
    I just won another game vs Logan because of Warrior Training+Erika Shadowhunter.
    He had his weapon but couldn't do anything. You can only attack protector however my protector has stealth TROLOLOLOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    He had his weapon but couldn't do anything. You can only attack protector however my protector has stealth TROLOLOLOL
    Plasma Behemoth? Shield Bash?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    the thing is in warrior mirror if you cannot break this Warrior Training combo immediately then you are in big trouble.
    because in next turn i will totally control the board. At that point it doesn't matter if you cast a Plasma Behemoth or Shield Bash/ Retreat. It's already too late.

now i think 3~4 copies of retreat is a must. It's also the key to fight against MS with his Plasma Behemoth+SE combo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    now i think 3~4 copies of retreat is a must. It's also the key to fight against MS with his Plasma Behemoth+SE combo.
    that's why my 1.5 MS has no PB no SF and no problem

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So what's the modified build? I keep seeing changes an trying to build the original one posted just a few cards away. What do I need to change. ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kep View Post
    So what's the modified build? I keep seeing changes an trying to build the original one posted just a few cards away. What do I need to change. ?
    i removed The King's Pride and War Banner
    because i think Amber already has power to finish people off. These buff cards are only useful when you have allies on board
    4BS is overkill, 3 is enough, then add 3 retreat.
    Remove Puwen Bloodhelm, becuase you have 7 2cc draw engine already. In turn 2 you normally cast BF or BS.
    change Raven Wildheart to Erika Shadowhunter. I found Erika is better with Warrior Training(pure evil). And when you are losing the board control, Erika actually can help you to come back (on the other hand you cast Raven when they have 2~3 allies and she dies instantly)
    Add 2 more copies of Armored Sandworm as well.