Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"Instant" or reactive style cards

Has there been any talk about adding "instant" style cards, reactive cards, or ones playable on an opponents turn? What is the general consensus on an option like this?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think it's a good idea as it would slow the game too much. Everytime an opponent can play a reactive card there would need to be a waiting period for them to decide whether or not they wanted to. The best your going to get is some new trap cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That won't be implemented since it seriously complicates the game in many ways. Remember that this is an online game, and if after every move, the game has to ask to the opponent: "do you want to react to that by playing an instant", will seriously slow the game down. This game was designed as a fast paced game that people play on their mobiles, so something that seriously slow the game down won't be implemented.

Also if something like this would be implemented, the game would need a complete code rewrite.

Furter, do not fear. In the future more trap cards will probably be added, maybe even for other classes, which will make the game more flexible regarding the opponent's turn.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    That won't be implemented since it seriously complicates the game in many ways. Remember that this is an online game, and if after every move, the game has to ask to the opponent: "do you want to react to that by playing an instant", will seriously slow the game down. This game was designed as a fast paced game that people play on their mobiles, so something that seriously slow the game down won't be implemented.
    +1. I don't like slow games.

Not that it can't be done through. in AC:R mobile TCG, there are 'instants' with no permissions. Imagine that there are only 2 class of cards (Fast or Normal) ie. like MtG Instants vs Sorcery.

But there are still limitations though. An 'normal speed' sorcery can be countered by a 'fast' counter. An instant cannot be 'fast-countered' since it's already 'fast'.

Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post

Furter, do not fear. In the future more trap cards will probably be added, maybe even for other classes, which will make the game more flexible regarding the opponent's turn.
    this is a good idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bear traps!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I have to be honest and say I feel completely the opposite as the others do.

=)
    I believe the game won't incorporate anything too sophisticated yet; however, as the game grows indepth and skill level I believe such features could be added. Yes, it slows the over game down. Or to be more specific, it increases the length of an overall game.

But is that short overall increase of maybe a couple minutes worth an exciting, mental rush, and further enjoyment of our game?
    In my humble opinion, it totally is.

I respect all opinions, but I'm firm on mine. I think further down the road it'd be a great plus to the experience of SE.
    Enjoying the game and having fun

FYI to all, my grammer is terrible haha. Don't expect much there >,<
    iGigge - Head of the Red Wizards
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I know what you mean by "instant" by analogy with MTG. But you've got bunch of reactive cards here, some of them are pain, like "Retreat", different ally disablements and such, item destruction.