Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly, I have a lot of trouble with SL. I find there are times when I'd gladly use it (like someone reduces the ally's attack, or it's almost dead) but I find myself not wanting to use it far mor often. I have used WT in the last few games i've played and they have been a god send for me. I dropped two and pretty much just always had an answer because of them. WotF to me seems slow and I often don't he to use it very often. You only get to draw cards when your allies die, and often I want to be in a position that doesn't leave my allies in a position to do so. I guess it helps mitigate the loses when losing an ally, but I'm still feeling it out. I really wish there was a better draw engine for wulven, like research or Wizend Staff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree that this deck needs any more draw now that it's got tracker and sac lamb. I went on about a 20 game winning streak with this from 200-250 rating, the draw engine in it pretty amazing. WoTF is the best protection against board wipes in the game, it causes a HUGE swing in card advantage relative to where you would have been otherwise - whereas nova/TW would often be a 1 for 2 or 3 cards in their favour, you suddenly flip that around; they lose a card, but you gain 2 or 3. When you have creatures on the ground, you're putting pressure on - when your opponent is able to clear them, you still put pressure on through the draw boost and your own resource acceleration (combined nicely with a low mana curve for the deck).

In my games, I've outdrawn T3 blood frenzy, T4 wizent's quite easily even without removing the staff. There's no draw engine that this deck can't compete with, although you definitely do still want to shriek research or Wizent's if you get the chance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm glad to see other people have had some success with this deck. I also often outdraw all other draw engines. The more they try to push back, the more you can keep pushing. The only matchup I have had problems with, and immediately shudder when I see them, is Boris. Since this is geared a bit more on the side of speed with no allies above 4cc, as the game goes on longer the worse your chances are of winning.

@Carabiner, I honestly think WotF is one of the best engines in the game. I think it has got even better since 1.5, since Shriek is less common than it had been in 1.2x.
    Last edited by Nizaris; 04-21-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!