Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually think WotF is freakin amazing in an ms deck. They simply cannot be beaten to death. MS will not allow that. Just curious, have you considered running anti Mage tricks like DB? Or a lone wolf? And curious to hear your thoughts on SF.

Anyway, it looks like a modest ms deck. I like how you have a jd to beat a black garb to death.
    Last edited by wreon; 03-02-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just a few opinions on things people are asking about.

Wotf is one of the decks MVP cards. He plays out 3 ally's vs a Mage and gets wotf down before they nova and refill the board after no problem.

Tracker can shine in this deck with the stealth. That's why he has them here and they are fine.

Full moon etc- I saw someone play fm on me to let his guys wipe my board an it was pretty nasty plus no Dmg after. But it's win more, your plan is to spam ally's and hide them and that's a good plan to stick to, no need for gimmicks.

The choice here is weapons over plasma. I think both are good. Plasma stealth is among the strongest plays in the game, but jd can giv big tempo and provide a way to wear down other weapons and armor better.
    Montanx - Knight of the old realm
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Knowing the goal of this deck, i think you are going about it the wrong way. MS will never outspeed humans, it's just not possible. Shadow was built to be slower and it shows. That being said, you still have a good deck; IMO, MS should be used for more midrange or endgame. His ability is just stellar with allies like DMT and PB (who is missing for some reason!). Also, pumps would give the allies in this deck a chance to be "faster" than humans by putting out more dmg w/o coming down earlier. Bloodlust seems janky though when you can full moon, you just gotta see if the extra cost is something you can swing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MS has still some good controll cards which allow him to win the upperhand against humans. Heros like Banebow,Zalader and Majiya make at least me rather a headache when I go for an early rush, but whith Wotf in the back hand the damage will be not crucial.

I tested this and a similar PB less deck and its worked fine, often even better. I see the weakspott against heros with strong controll-abilites in the lategame. Its all a question of interpretation, personal preference and of course playstile. My final thought is that you might give Ogloth a try, just as backup to secure board controll or comebacks. But hey, how couldn't you love this mass variation in MS playstile

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SF is awesome, one of my favorite cards. In fact it was a staple of my 1.29 MS(along with PB), as well as many other players' MS decks. But that was 1.29, and that's as good as dead.

The meta in 1.29 allowed SF to work well with MS since it was overrun with Warriors. It deserved four spots in a deck just to watch it stomp one of the dominating classes. The shift of the new meta is going to to have more classes viable IMO, and those classes are all able to get around stealth in one way or another. Mages with their DD, Rogues with Assassinate, and Hunters using their buffed arrows have diminished the value of stealth, and in turn diminished the value of SF for MS. His ability is still good, just not spammable as a crutch anymore. Which is why I don't feel SF necessarily deserves four spots anymore.

Montanx made some good points, and I agree with all of them.

In reply to shadow cannot out-speed humans, I could not disagree more. When comparing certain classes, sure. But as a general comparison of the two factions, no.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Id have 3 shrieks. Theres no way you're gonna be Able to effectively counter certain items w/only 2cards, I know

Other than that I like it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If Mages are still a tough match-up, I suppose you have tried Pack Alpha? Vs non human decks (with inevitable Retreat) it can make an instant Alpha Bad Wolf on turn 5 after Jeweler's Dream on turn 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    I actually think WotF is freakin amazing in an ms deck. They simply cannot be beaten to death. MS will not allow that. Just curious, have you considered running anti Mage tricks like DB? Or a lone wolf? And curious to hear your thoughts on SF.

Anyway, it looks like a modest ms deck. I like how you have a jd to beat a black garb to death.
    Pre 1.5 I found Wrath of The Forest to be less effective because it drew item destruction. With a focus now shifting to 5 resource cost item destruction it is helping it's effectiveness.

If you like a Plasma Behemoth vacant deck let me know what you think of my ally-less Shadow Stalker deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is not your average MS. Very good and very fast mid-game to late game. It will work better for players who are advanced in resource management.
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing a deck similar to this for a few days and its been doing pretty well.

My suggestions:
    -1 Jeweler's Dream
    -1 Wulven Tracker
    -1 Sacrificial Lamb
    +3 Shadow Knight

The knights are a blessing against Tidal Wave, and they are an excellent heavy hitter if you use MS's ability when you drop him. It doesn't mess with the curve too much, so it plays out just as fast. It just gives you a little more late-game help.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabiner View Post
    I've been playing a deck similar to this for a few days and its been doing pretty well.

My suggestions:
    -1 Jeweler's Dream
    -1 Wulven Tracker
    -1 Sacrificial Lamb
    +3 Shadow Knight

The knights are a blessing against Tidal Wave, and they are an excellent heavy hitter if you use MS's ability when you drop him. It doesn't mess with the curve too much, so it plays out just as fast. It just gives you a little more late-game help.
    Then it would be pretty much my deck . Nonetheless is SL one of the most reliable draw engines and their is a heigh chanse that you don't draw a WotF till round 4 and in addition your WT got killed or stopped. When you have so many allies you can take to sacrifice one or two of them. Their are plenty of "stop" cards and abilities which make this card attractiv to use.

So I agree to add SK but keep the SL count at least at 3. WT is a card that depend pretty much on hand, opponent, boardcontroll. One might say its a less usefull card other love it. I personally would hesitate to use it when I have no other draw engines ready like WotF or at least one SL in my hand.
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory