Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this deck. You have a theme, a strategy, the cards fit to each other...good work!

My first thought was, why there are no SFs, PBs, maybe put in just one little Ogluth?
    My second thought was, you don't need them, this is a new MS face and it looks good like it is.

Maybe some boost like Bloodlust or FM could be considered.
    If I have time, I will try your deck out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for posting a refreshing new deck. I'm always curious how other Wulven player solve the draw issue and its seems that you used nearly all. In my previous "classic" semi fettie decks I managed to rely totaly on Sacrifice Lamb. Worked pretty well especially with one Shadow Knight in the back hand.

However, you inspried me to create a deck that rely also not on Pb but still on some Shadow Knights and Ogloth. The main focus switch to cheaper units witch make the deck way more fexible but also grant the opportunity to deal with a strong enemy board-controll. By request I will post my full expierence but for now I simply don't whant to spam too many random crap .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will consider Full Moon if I run lower cost allies with MS. Is there a reason why it isn't included?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think you need a few fatties in there. It's become more of a late game methane and I don't see any
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck. Have you tried fangs of the predator out in it? I ask not necessarily because I think they would work but because if they don't work here i can't see them ever working.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Full Moon/Bloodlust: I had debated using one of these many times. Ultimately, I just decided against it in favor of more allies. The more allies I have the less likely I will run out of them against heavy ally control such as Mages and Hunter.

Fatties: My feelings are that fatties have become expected and just end up being a loss of tempo. I spend 5cc and a whole turn to play PB, meanwhile any human has been saving his 2cc Retreat for it. Eladwen freezes it, or any Mage nova's it. Rogues assassinate it or disable it. Wulven capture it, etc. I don't like it. I'd rather let the opponent play a little reserved waiting for a fattie, and waiting, and waiting.

Fangs: Early versions did use this card. I replaced it with JD for the acceleration. In almost all cases I would prefer having JD over Fangs, as I rarely use it as pure damage. Besides the acceleration, I use it mostly to knock down durability of DoU's and BGarb's. Also, with an early JD I can often go most of or all game at 4 resources and still play 2 and sometimes 3 cards per turn.

Some of this is just personal preference, but I found it to be effective nonetheless.
    Last edited by Nizaris; 02-27-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One thing that make me still scratch my head is your use of Wulven Tracker. Even by focusing a deck on a supirior draw engine I have difficulties to accept them in this composition. Of course it's depend heavly on playstile and situation, but playing Wulven Tracker at round 4 seem at least for me as a less effectiv strategie. Even behind Moonstalkers ability they worke mostly as a meat-shield, provoking the opponent to play a Fireball, Crippeling Blow or what so ever.

If I run out of cards, becouse I played too many Allies at this time I rather sacrifice an ally with full health. The loss will be little becouse of cards like Now You're Mine and Captured Pray.

On the other hand there are other cards that could be played at this or at another time like Full Moon. They can help to clean the board and securing this way that the opponent have to play his fancy cards and also running out of Allies. In addition it would also be possilbe to reclye fallen allies with Shadow Knight. They are hard hitters, their low hp fits perfectly to MS ability and they work as some kind of draw engine.

I don't say Wulven Tracker is useless, but by having 4 of them in your deck you seem to like them
    and I just don't know why.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I never said Tracker was the best t4 play. In fact, I prefer either the weapon or armor. But it does provide options and flexibility. And if it does draw a FB, that's one less aimed at my face. It's not optimal against every hero, but there will be match-ups where he can shine.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no doupt about the use of Wulven Tracker and I hope my reponse is not regarded as an insult to your skill and/or deck. But since nothing is perfect I just think talking about possibilies can help to advance.

Well, nothing left to say, still like your deck . Big thanks again for posting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nope, no offense taken. Just trying to describe my thought process and reason for why it's there. I like to have lots of options, and some matches I know WotF won't last long so I have a back-up plan with WT/SL.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like (most of)it.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Greatness, Reborn