Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only problem with black garb is that i could attack with a 1 attack monster, nothing happens and black garb loses one durability. Instead of katar, i would personally put in DoU.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A few more changes after a good night's sleep and some thinking:
    Drop 1 Aldon and 1 BG for 2 Sorcerous Poison.
    Reasoning: You have a LOT of 3cc curve already, and you can't play more than 1 Aldon at a time anyway. BG is going to bounce with Lily more often than not, so 3 should be plenty. Sorcerous Poison will only be needed in SOME games, but when it pegs the opponent once it'll allow you to keep a constant pressure on their HP so your control doesn't need to multi-focus.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupua View Post
    A few more changes after a good night's sleep and some thinking:
    Drop 1 Aldon and 1 BG for 2 Sorcerous Poison.
    Reasoning: You have a LOT of 3cc curve already, and you can't play more than 1 Aldon at a time anyway. BG is going to bounce with Lily more often than not, so 3 should be plenty. Sorcerous Poison will only be needed in SOME games, but when it pegs the opponent once it'll allow you to keep a constant pressure on their HP so your control doesn't need to multi-focus.
    I didn't really think about sorcerous poison lol I kind of wrote it off since I got tired of using it previously. Anyways, w/how weapon-intensive Serena can be now, I'd imagine it'd be a great addition if you could manage it. I forget how much it costs...is it 2cc or 3cc? I feel like 2...anyways, yeah I think it'd be a nice addition.

Also, I've said this in some other threads, but do yourself a favor and check out a test game against a relatively tough banebow I played - you'll see how I hook up serena and even get Zoe in there for an ankle breaker spree lol.

Anyways, check it out. I think you'll be pleasantly pleased lollll. Look for "glencocoe" on the test server.

P.s. btw, I was bored and was checking out Nightstalker(?) armor & found an interesting use for it. It's really fun to use in-between shadow ability usage for a nice shut down. Anyways, if I get a chance to test anything out more ill letchu know. Oh and be sure to post some games after you check out my replay

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been trying to make a Serena deck and it seems that what I've been missing is the Black Garb. Which I have 0 copies of atm. Why no poison? Is that not a good card for Serena? I tend to poison my Golden Katar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    I've been trying to make a Serena deck and it seems that what I've been missing is the Black Garb. Which I have 0 copies of atm. Why no poison? Is that not a good card for Serena? I tend to poison my Golden Katar.
    It's better to be proactive in this game. Golden katar is a very defensive weapon unless using gwen w/her ability and rapid fire...and even so, it's better just to use soul seeker for the +3hp on kill. Each time the opponent hits you, you're closer to death. The opponent may die, but you took damage. INSTEAD, getting them out of the picture period frees you up and allows you to do what you want w/at least 1 completely free turn if destroyed on site. If you equip golden katar, and it's destroyed, you took damage and are left defenseless. You might have killed an ally in retaliation, but there are some still around. In addition, there are too many time when a weapon is needed to finish off an opponent. You might as well have a great effect with it like retreat or a 1-turn disable. That's legit in my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    It's better to be proactive in this game. Golden katar is a very defensive weapon unless using gwen w/her ability and rapid fire...and even so, it's better just to use soul seeker for the +3hp on kill. Each time the opponent hits you, you're closer to death. The opponent may die, but you took damage. INSTEAD, getting them out of the picture period frees you up and allows you to do what you want w/at least 1 completely free turn if destroyed on site. If you equip golden katar, and it's destroyed, you took damage and are left defenseless. You might have killed an ally in retaliation, but there are some still around. In addition, there are too many time when a weapon is needed to finish off an opponent. You might as well have a great effect with it like retreat or a 1-turn disable. That's legit in my opinion.
    yup dat's legit. After one more day of playing I'm not liking Golden Katar at all. if I equip it people just look at me and say, "so wat". And then spam nova or just flat out destroy it after fielding a bunch of allies because I was too timid to actually attack with it cuz then it might break!!! It's not supposed to do that!

Anyways, been trying to use the DoU, but 2x games today and both times someone Fire Snake'd my DoU and just laughed all the way to an easy win. So I'm looking forward to the 1.5 change for Serena's sake.