Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

v1.50 Serena deck

I recently created a Serena deck. I just want to know other inputs on the deck.

Serena v1.50

Serena x1
    Jasmine x4
    Aldon x4
    Skullborn x4
    Assassination x4
    Stop, Thief! x4
    lll-Gotten Gains x4
    Master Smith x4
    Black Garb x4
    Golden Katar x3
    Anclebreaker x4

Total of 40 cards.

This deck definitely has the board control and burst it needs. The reason why I use and like Black Garb, is because people get scared when they see it. I have been noticing that when i put Black Garb out... people usually get scared and dont attack with there Allys. So the few turns that they have wasted, are the few turns i take advantage of and hit him with my weapons. One of the many reasons why i like this deck is because everything works with each other. The Allys in this deck are mainly for distraction more then actual dammage. (Weapons put out the real dammage). Well if anyone has any tips or suggestions please reply. thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks solid.
    My only changes would be DoU over Katar, and Lily over Smith. Reasoning: DoU combos with your power to keep sandworm off the field and is stronger at control. You don't run any truly situational items, so master's choice is going to be very very really the difference in a game. Lily gives you a body and an item, so you keep a stronger tempo!

Edit: might also consider dropping skullborn for a sandworm of your own to help against mages and control decks!
    Last edited by Kupua; 02-25-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks a lot man. So far I think the deck is incredible, I new it just needed some tweaks and those cards actually might just do it. Thanks again. +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by yankfanatk View Post
    I recently created a Serena deck. I just want to know other inputs on the deck.

Serena v1.50

Serena x1
    Jasmine x4
    Aldon x4
    Skullborn x4
    Assassination x4
    Stop, Thief! x4
    lll-Gotten Gains x4
    Master Smith x4
    Black Garb x4
    Golden Katar x3
    Anclebreaker x4

Total of 40 cards.

This deck definitely has the board control and burst it needs. The reason why I use and like Black Garb, is because people get scared when they see it. I have been noticing that when i put Black Garb out... people usually get scared and dont attack with there Allys. So the few turns that they have wasted, are the few turns i take advantage of and hit him with my weapons. One of the many reasons why i like this deck is because everything works with each other. The Allys in this deck are mainly for distraction more then actual dammage. (Weapons put out the real dammage). Well if anyone has any tips or suggestions please reply. thanks.
    ive only played on the test server for a little bit, but testing out Serena myself, i gotta say DoU is key. What the previous poster said about the Sandworm is so true...wow, i hadn't thought of that! Wish i did lol. I put in DoU in mine before i knew that, but that's certainly an added bonus. Probably didn't think much about it because i don't particularly see/worry about them anymore.

I feel a bit torn between the birgittes and no 2cc cards...but if it seems it works and weenie rushing isn't overpowering you w/potential 1cc & 2cc drops, then shake & bake. For paranoid people who carry cards like shriek (i certainly do), black garb might not do as much good as you want. and remember, cards such as carniboar & flayer completely ignore the effect since they technically don't do damage (in turn not setting off the destruction effect), and hurt the durability. Even though rogues are probably 3x as strong as they were in 1.29, be very careful, because as soon as you run out of allies, as long as your opponent isn't ally heavy like a hunter, mage, or warrior like amber, you should be fine. Against Elementals, Priests, Wulven, and (potentially) other Rogues, it looks like you should be pretty comfortable. And mind you, im just basing that off of the tendency to include allies & reliance on direct damage & or weapons...not your specific strategy &/or ability to intercept their thought process and counter.

initially i thought master smith was kind of silly if not repetitive for humans, but then i realized you can actually TARGET which weapon or armor you'd like. Of course Lily has a nice "placeholder" role to draw aggro or hang out if you're lucky enough for it not to get destroyed. In mid-game, master smith isn't going to help as much since you'll only have 1 to 2 items in the graveyard, most likely needing the last item anyways. Mid to Late game when selection is important is really nice though...Idk in my opinion, i'd perhaps include 2x master smiths and 2x Lilys. That's just me. Board presence w/rogues is insanely important...i suppose w/Lance Lily would make more sense since he allows sniping when an ally's put down w/his ability. Idk...your call. In addition, i'd get rid of Golden Katar. If you're rocking Black garb w/item renewal, it's a bit repetitive since you're gonna have to go out of your way to finish the job assuming you're going against 3cc+ allies. DoU buys more time and prevents the same amount of damage if not more. I won't get into the math, but just trust me on it. So w/that, I'd use maybe 3x Anklebreakers & 4x DoU. Being proactive is MUCH better than defending. For the most part katar defends...if it had at least 1 more durability, i'd keep it, but it's not worth it.

I guess lastly...I put in ill-gotten gains and was pleasantly surprised (not really) that the effect has changed...when i thought it was only the cost of the card. Idk if you know, though you probably do, but now, you only gain cards for what cards are DESTROYED on your opponents side. Now remember, this doesn't count ability cards such as spells or arrows which are USED, then DISCARDED, but not destroyed. The thing about this is you're gonna have a hard-time against the decks w/are allyless &/or depend on indirect damage/weapons. You're gonna have to wait FOREVER for a weapon to break...and forget about attachments....in the end, you don't get as many cards. I'd strongly suggest Tainted Oracle or some Bad Santas. remember, playing Black Garb, then tainted oracle is a good combo, because either they have to leave oracle, letting you have a free +2 damage next turn, or destroy it because they don't want black garb to kill them. It's basically a win win for the most part, unless they disable it. cripple is fine because you can still use assassination, but w/ DoU, Black Garb, and Anklebreaker, the draw you get from Oracle should be enough. I'd throw in 2 bad santas for good measure if it seems just a tiny push is needed, but other than that, unless it seems like you're getting consistent draw & you don't really have to worry about it, leave ill-gotten gains, but I'm just telling you what i noticed when playing.

Anyways, hopefully your deck does great w/modifications. Here's a summary of my revisions:
    -2x Master Smith
    +2x Lily Rosecult
    -3x Golden Katar
    +4x Dagger of Unmaking
    -1x Ankle Breaker
    -4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    +4x Tainted Oracle
    +2x bad santa (if you're cool w/it)

P.S. Hopefully this helped! Post some of your games if you can, i wanna see how you did
    Last edited by glencocoe; 02-25-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeh thanks man huge help and I definitely will post some videos. Thanks again +_+

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "-4x Ill-Gotten Gains"
    keep the igg, its a great draw engine

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Definitely DoU over katar. You might want to swap the Birg for kris. You don't need to protect ur allies since you said they are fodder. Kris is a better match bec u can cast kris and assassination in the same turn, effectively removing AB ally with 4cc. Kris also works well with Aldon.

But a solid Serena deck. That's how I play it with some minor tweaks.

@glencoce, Flayer and Carniboar is affected by BG. They do 2 dmg so they will pierce thru BG defense and activate the destruction effect.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    "-4x Ill-Gotten Gains"
    keep the igg, its a great draw engine
    So true. Use it in my lance deck. Better draw engine than I thought it would be
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @glencoce, Flayer and Carniboar is affected by BG. They do 2 dmg so they will pierce thru BG defense and activate the destruction effect.
    Oh! My bad I mistook the durability for the defense too! Lol my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoosey View Post
    So true. Use it in my lance deck. Better draw engine than I thought it would be
    I could see this working for Lance because it would be much easier to destroy opposing allies on site w/lance's sniping ability...but w/serena, you're busy trying to attack the opposing hero so try discard cards and screw up their whole rhythm.

So I guess try them both out, the oracle and I'll gotten gains. I'm just saying having board presence and 80% draw seems pretty sweet w/out having to worry about item destruction. Granted its only 4cc so it's barely safe from LLN, which is added security, but a shriek or misplaced (I forget the re-naming of it) will NOT be too far off since your opponent will have accrued around 5 resources - more than enough to justify shriek. In addition we got priests & ter adun. All I can say is I hate relying on items...at least w/a way to retrieve them
    Last edited by glencocoe; 02-26-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks alot guys. I will be posting my replays thanks again.