Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    Anybody else tap OK once the victory/defeat screen comes up?
    Haha I actually did that

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome game. Kudos to atomzed for pulling a win out of an underused character.

Ter is usually the underdog, but in this case, bb looks like the one pulling strings out his hair.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the compliments... Though I have to admit that the deck concept was from Caitlyn0 solo Ter Adun deck. I merely make adjustments to it.

And me and Busti learnt that destroying the EA is more important than the bazaar, cos Ter Adun cannot control the board without EA.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i watched this again (because of the new thread on solo ter )

it is a very nice match, shows off solo ter adun. but i must say, destroying the EA doesnt beat solo ter but it does make it harder for him to win. but busti confusing me in a couple of plays... definately the destroying the bazaars (i guess he didnt read my strategy guide for solo ter ).

but atomzed confused me in a play as well.. later in the match, you attacked banebow instead of PBs.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    great thanks hhh

Well shrieking bazaar was a mistake, next game i shrieked the EA, the reason that made me shriek bazaar was the dubble wotf in hand, i tought i didn't care about my allies dying if i could flood the board... well wrong assumption;
    for LLN i did play it twice if you look better;
    and i had one severe ties in the deck but getting it too late for it to matter
    and 'tanking berseker', you mean attacking with my BdB? well i disagree with you then, it wasn't about him beating me to death anyway, i had to try to let my allies make a little bit of damage before they die...
    I think Unruler meant when Banebow attacked Ter Adul direct at 4:48, taking 4 damage from the Beserker's Edge. Unruler did, after all, say "tanking Berserker with your hero".

Interesting match and interesting deck.

My experience with the solo, deck-out decks is that their claim to power is always a bit lackluster for me. Even if everything goes right for me when playing one, I am able to do a few damage per turn by decking out my opponent IF I have complete board control. Well, if I can get complete board control with any deck, I can do at least 2 damage per turn.

Well, the response is then the focus on the damage potent ion of the weapons. Berzerker's Edge brought back with Reserve Weapon and with another Reserve Weapon then in play can do 18 damage over four turns is the argument. Of course, that is if Ter Adun already has board control and the Berzerker's Edge isn't destroyed or whittled down by allies. So, in the end, if the bar is set based on having board control and not getting one's plan disrupted, the result seems to be 18 damage over 4 turns with 15 resources spent, assuming one has board control.

However, almost any combination of three cards costing 15 resources can do 18 damage over 4 turns with board control. 3 Puwens can get do that.

I keep wishing for a solo deck like this to work because playing it when it goes right fulfills this awesome desire to have complete control over the game. However, I always go back to a more consistent deck for more serious play.

Great video though. :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @cait, Busti shrieked the bazaar because he had WOTF in his hand. So he thought he could gain some draw advantage with the WOTF. Later he admitted that was a mistake.

As for me attacking the Hero instead of the PB, I seriously can't remember may be due to the cards in hand.

@darkoniu, I agree that a solo deck is inconsistent in competitive play. It mainly relys on the surprise factor because certain cards become dead draw for the opp (eg poison arrow, retreat, crippling blow). The reason I played Ter Adun was because I knew that Busti cannot bring a Mage for the round. And I wanted to conserve other heroes for future rounds, so I decide to go with a warrior. thinking that he may bring a human hero, I decided to go for a solo Ter Adun which has no bad match up. I still lost the 1st an 3rd match mainly because he shriek the EA AND he pack 3xBDB. The BDB allows him to ping my BE, and then be converted into a 3/5 ally. That caused me the most trouble. If he had only SS, I may have won the game. but alas Busti is a better player than me
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis