Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Just rename her to Caitlyn, show some community dedication.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just want to add my 2 cents here. I put her in the deck for some reasons. I need a t2 drop and usually I play her with Aldon the brave on t3 to create a 1/4 ally that can deal with low health t1/t2 allies and, if needed, to consume the duration of Black Garb. I like Brutalis 1/4 so much that I am tempted to make one from human allies.

She seems to be useless in the mid game. If I am lucky enough to play her at late game with recessive resource, I'd use her to shield Aeon Stormcaller so that Aeon can survive at least three fireball (s) or other 4 damages ability. And Aeon can make her a 1/5 ally too.

She is absolutely not strong but, if things go well, she will be annoying to opponent sometimes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My opinion is that there are still a good amount of cards that need more card to be useful. I see Katrin as one of these cards. Shadow Era is a growing game. There was a time where Keldor was one of the best Shadow Allies. A long time ago, I ran a really successful Boris Deck without Crippling Blow or retreat, I got up to 298 rating. In fact the only non-allies in the deck were Blood Frenzy and Smashing blow. . . of course this is when you could have a thirty card deck. . . There was a time when Protector + Erika meant game over for many heroes.

I can think of a lot of potential cards that could make her helpful. Maybe like a card like Sac Lamb, but the opponent has to discard an amount of cards form the top of his/her deck equal to that destroyed allies health. Who knows what cards will make Katrin more useful.

I am 100% (okay maybe 99%) confident that Katrin will have a time to shine. . . in the future. . . sometime. . . hopefully.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2/7 sandworms are not bad. Useful in a defensive deck..put warrior training on it and nothing but a retreat can ruin your day.
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think she would be fine if she had 1 attack with her current ability. She wouldn't be so useless then.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed.
    She definitely needs some other thing to do than hand out sheilds.
    Precision and luck are both on my side.
    What more could you ask for?

IGN:Nactyle
    Finally, a present from me to you.
    http://soundcloud.com/trancecrafter/...m-tc-2010-2011

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the sucky thing about her is that her ability is a one time use (until the ally it is used on dies). if her ability can stack, she will see play. just her and Birgitte playing go and kill the protector if you can will be fun. drop down good ascendant and we have a party going. add in aldon and suddenly your buffed birgittes are attacking. let's not start with katrin buff stacking aeon. imagine Zhanna with these combo.

i think she can be more usable if she can use her abilities anytime, just not stackable.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    she sucks because its +2 health and you need to wait for the summoning sickess to be able to use her. she would ne a nice t3 drop if you could use it instant but now that cards wont be changed anymore she will remain a shity uncommon card, jesus she costs 200 gold . i wouldn even give you an extra sharp for her.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'be tried to incorporate her into a nishaven deck to push my 4 health allies to survive his ability. It didn't really seem worth it in the long run.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chanson311 View Post
    Probably should have suggested this earlier, but she would be a much better ally if she reduced damage dealt to target ally by 2 as opposed to having target ally gain 2 health. I think that even reducing damage dealt by one would be better. This would not only make another ally more durable (as is the original intent of the card), but it would protect the ally against the ever popular DoU and Ankle breaker (if reduced by 2 of course). It is probably too late for this to change anyway though, but I think she would actually see some play if this change was made.
    Problem is, that could she could instantly turn ANY hero into a Sandworm, or turn a Sandworm into a completely unkillable menace. She is a card that is VERY hard to balance. She used to be able to constantly buff up any allies infinitely, which was way over powered. Health buffs are just hard to do right.