Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Elementalis anti Mage deck

This is the deck i have been using for quite some time and it seems to work very well against Mages like Frostmire and so on, it's 42 card
    deck but it also depends on how lucky you get on the first card draws. the deck contains the following cards:

Elementalis
    Brutalis 4
    Plasma Behemoth 2
    Fire Snake 4
    Bad wolf 2
    Shadow Knight 2
    Energy Discharge 2
    Spark 4
    Transference 2
    Mind Control 2
    Feedback 1
    Life Infusion 2
    Eternal Renewal 2
    Bloodlust 2
    Shriek of Vengeance 2
    Pleasure From Pain 2
    Shadow Font 2
    Bazaar 2
    Armor Of Ages 2
    This deck works very well against mages but it's not perfect and any advice on how to improve it is welcome.

here's a Strategy on how to use it most people now days expect Elemental decks to have sparks to be the main threat so that strategy mostly works against AI now these cards are in play but they are not the main damage focus.The thing you need to do is first put out a spark or a snake then use the rest of those a constant resource and keep buffing your Bad Wolf, Shadow Knight and the Plasma Behemoth they might get taken out few times that's when Eternal Renewal and Shadow knights abilities come in to play so you can keep your best cards with you if enemy keeps taking them out with magic abilities they simply wasting time because you're gonna get them back anyways and if enemy also uses allies that's where your sparks and snakes will help you out aswell use energy discharge on them to take out all enemy allies and get yours back with eternal renewal if needed shadow font helps you keep your allies buffed so they don't get taken out with mages basic magic abilities, armor of ages is also important in case the enemy is allie based you can keep absorbing their damage and buffing your allies Brutalis is backup card in case you're out of sparks and snakes since they're used for so many purposes bazaar, pleasure from pain, life infusion,bloodlust and transference should keep you always full of allies and buffs you can give them some people may prefer to use Bad santa to cut the card supplies of an enemy player in which shriek of vengeance is really helpful since most mages use research to draw cards if you play smart you will be able to beat every class out there however Sapphire is something you wanna watch out for and destroy it as soon as possible if you plan on using this class purely for mages then adding 2 more shrieks of vengeance and 2 bad santas might be a good idea note i have not played as all heroes yet so i might have missed something that might counter this but the deck works for most part however it's kind of on the expensive side if you don't have elemental deck yet. anyways that's my deck enjoy
    Last edited by Era Calypso; 02-25-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mages use dagger of unmaking, don't they?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I'd include Acid jet or Ley line nexus to counter DoU or run gargoyls who can eat the dagger. Otherwise looking good.
    Raz (Sebastian)
    Creative Game Designer
    --
    (Was once a member of the Wulven Design-Team)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    U need 4 gargs to beat mages. Forget everything else. Just focus on getting your gargs out and getting them pumped wit your ability and with life infusion.

Of course use other allies to try and draw out fireballs. Carniboar and Plasmas work well.

Forget pleasure from pain, and sparks, both these cards are not really worth it.

Take death mage Thaddeus, he's always good, and like the others say - Acid Blast for DoU.

Add a third MC and Shadow Font. I presume bazaar is for playing against non-mages... Never play it vs a mage.

Also prefer 3 having Shriek, u NEED to take out his Research if he drops one. Much of beating a mage is stopping his draw....
    Last edited by FarqTheOrc; 02-28-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why do you not have dimension ripper. As an almost exclusive Mage player from the start...I must say it's the MOST IRRITATING CARD EVER!!!!! it's does damage AND steals important cards like spells, DoU, retreats...ugh so annoying!!!! And plus there are almost NO cards that a Mage would really benefit from, that the elementals have besides maybe mind control or a gargoyle. But that's it.

I strongly suggest putting in dimension ripper in leu of transference or cutting out some other cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a gb user I'll say this deck has nothing much on most mages. You don't have soul reaper, the reason why mages cant burn you to death. You use bazaar, which helps mages burn you to death, and you don't use gargoyles, so just one DoU can put you back 3-4 turns.