Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Enough is enough

design team, enough with the changes already. dont you have set 2 to worry about?

research to tome of knowledge? a library is an "item"

dual wield to reserve weapon? reserve weapon gets back a used weapon and gives it a bonus? makes less sense than dual wield. but none of us cares if the name quite matches.

earthen protector is now unique... why? is 10cc and 2 cards too cheap to give 1 ally +4/+4? with all the ways to disable and kill a big fattie, this was needed on a hardly used 5cc ally?

what else have you changed that we have missed?

the set was done before the end of january. but you couldnt let it go at that. mage players whined that DC was too hard to beat, so you made an unneeded change (and yet again, the wrong change) to DC. now all 4 mages are at the top (yes, nishaven too, you just havent noticed that yet). and you still are making changes... AND not posting them. most players do not know about jira and those of us that do, have a hard time searching it. but all of that is irrelavant. enough with the changes and get the damn set released. its freakin february 24th!
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 02-24-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    design team, enough with the changes already. dont you have set 2 to worry about?

research to tome of knowledge? a library is an "item"

dual wield to reserve weapon? reserve weapon gets back a used weapon and gives it a bonus? makes less sense than dual wield. but none of us cares if the name quite matches.

earthen protector is now unique... why? is 10cc and 2 cards too cheap to give 1 ally +4/+4? with all the ways to disable and kill a big fattie, this was needed on a hardly used 5cc ally?

what else have you changed that we have missed?

the set was done before the end of january. but you couldnt let it go at that. mage players whined that DC was too hard to beat, so you made an unneeded change to DC. now all 4 mages are at the top. and you still are making changes... AND not posting them. most players do not know about jira and those of us that do, have a hard time search it. but all of that is irrelavant. enough with the changes and get the damn set released.
    Wow. I was falling asleep and this nearly threw me off my seat. Chill, Chill....

EP unique - i like it - Aeon + EP combo was proving to be a little too strong.

IMO, only GB is top mage. Maj and Elad are close behind. Nish is erm, still bad. Essentially, while GB is beatable - it takes some skill and luck. Maj and Elad is easier to beat.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 02-24-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you dont understand, i am about ready to just scrap this game and write off the money ive wasted.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It was done to avoid complications that occurred when multiple EP's hit the board. Personally, I believe this should have been foreseen from the beginning, but better late than never.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what complications? and EP was discussed before.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    All those changes happened in 1.501, a few days ago. Where have you been, Caitlyn?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you dont understand, i am about ready to just scrap this game and write off the money ive wasted.
    We are all anxious and tired of waiting, but why are you so angry now all of a sudden? Just seems rather overnight. Wrong time of the month (JOKING)?

Anyway, I do agree with you; too much effort is being put into perfecting a first edition set. Mistakes WILL be made and balance issues WILL occur no matter how much you try to tweak/balance. It happens with absolutely every single TCG. You simply cannot look that far into the future. Instead of worrying about the inevitability of the past, why not work on the cards to come?

Devil's Advocate: Perhaps there is much, MUCH more already done with the first expansion set than we are privy to (ahem, Design Team?). It is probably not likely, but maybe they do not want to spoil things (such as the 1.5 release), and we should respect that.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    I do agree with you; too much effort is being put into perfecting a first edition set. Mistakes WILL be made and balance issues WILL occur no matter how much you try to tweak/balance. It happens with absolutely every single TCG. You simply cannot look that far into the future. Instead of worrying about the inevitability of the past, why not work on the cards to come?

Devil's Advocate: Perhaps there is much, MUCH more already done with the first expansion set than we are privy to (ahem, Design Team?). It is probably not likely, but maybe they do not want to spoil things (such as the 1.5 release), and we should respect that.
    1. The key factor that has determined this length of time on the test server has been raising quality (i.e. fixing bugs) to an unprecedented level. Introducing the high-res art for the print version caused a fair amount of issues, and significant work was put into the networking code too. The other stuff has been done as a bonus with each successive release, to perfect the art/names/wording. None of that has held anything up.

2. We cannot comment on progress of the first expansion, other than to say that PFG2 will be kicking off in a couple of weeks, and PFG2 will be focused on playing. Therefore ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    EP unique - i like it - Aeon + EP combo was proving to be a little too strong.
    How does making EP unique weaken Aeon+EP? Multiple EPs would only give you one big Aeon anyway (which can be easily dealt with with all the ally removals, if you can deal with a 5/10 Aeon, a 7/12 Aeon isn't going to be that bad).

Could we have some DT input on why this change was made? Seems strange now that humans have 3 unique allies and shadow only 2. Furthermore, EP's flavour does not fit the 'unique' status (no name like aldon/aeon/thaddues/ogloth). If it is due to possible bugs, it seems like a bug-fix would be more fitting than a change to unique.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your maturity level is staggering...
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games