Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It isn't really simple Spectrl, you know? :P I noticed it later, only "hunter" word on cards count, hunter class avatars doesn't.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Nice deck btw. Not sure if Lily is worth using but overall it looks good. Just want to say there seems to be no reliable answer to Armoured Sandworm other than retreat. Ever considered Flaming Arrow? And what are your thoughts on Kris considering the synergy with Vic's ability.
    Thanks
    Lily is very much needed. I hardly ever sac her she's so good. Not only does she help with the much-needed card advantage, but she ensures that you always have the Soul Seeker about. While she isn't good at controlling the board directly, indirectly she is a crucial part of the deck.
    Sandworm is a bit of a problem, yes. He's one of the main reasons why I would consider Aeon in this deck. There are answers to him other than Retreat! though, namely Victor + Jasmine/Lily or simply stalling him with Jasmine. But he is a pain, no doubt. With multiple Sandworms and Aeons about you have to be careful with how you use Victor. The thing to remember about Sandworm though, is that he can't do all that much by himself, although waering down your Soul Seeker is a pain.
    I have considered Flaming arrow, have considered all cards really. Do you mean in relation to Sandworm or just generally? Either way, I just feel there are better cards - nothing really I want to take out for it. I can't lessen my ally numbers any more, and all of the other cards are very much needed. In some decks it would surely be worth considering, but since we are counting on recurring Death Traps there's neither much room for it, nor does it help with the reliability of the deck.
    I tried running Kris for a while, but I have Soul Seeker out so much, or even a Poison Arrow (and Poison Arrows are so much more versatile than Kris) on hand, that I don't have any problem taking out damaged allies. I agree that Kris synergises with Victor's ability well, but he doesn't synergise with the rest of the deck very well at all. For one, he's so fragile (especially with all of the Thaddeus about) that even if he does deal a finishing blow (which, as I said, is rarely needed), he's probably going to be destroyed in short order anyway before you can use him again. This doesn't help at all with the card advantage that you're trying to achieve against many decks. In addition, this is a very slow-paced deck, so having a card like Kris doesn't really help in that regard. Overall, his usefulness is a bit limited for my liking, and the benefit he brings isn't really one that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    It isn't really simple Spectrl, you know? :P
    Haha no it's not really I suppose, but I couldn't think up a better name My Maj deck isn't really simple either, in its construction - both decks had a lot of thought and playtesting put in to them. But Maj is simple to play. Look at this way if you want, this Victor deck is simple because it has the minimum different number of cards in

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would Rapid Fire be any good for this?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OpSpec View Post
    Would Rapid Fire be any good for this?
    I don't think so, since this deck is not weapon heavy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    I don't think so, since this deck is not weapon heavy.
    After playing several games with this deck, I have concluded you are correct. This would only serve as an extreme situational card.

This deck is amazing btw. I've had surprising results. A lot of people are simply quitting midgame because they are so frustrated and believe they have no chance. Lol

EDIT: They need to update the cards on the website, the linked ones are all wrong.

EDIT #2: I've also been waiting to use the death traps until T6, when I can dual cast them. This seems to work pretty well, and leaves your opponent wondering how to deal with it. Think about it, why cast it T3-4-5? They will most likely know what it is, and send a lowcost allie at it, leaving nobody ahead.
    Last edited by OpSpec; 03-23-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rapid Fire and Speedstrike is generally used with heroes who buff their weapons, i.e. Gwen and Darkclaw. They generally have more weapons in their decks than other heroes too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good deck, i run some changed version probably.

1) 4 potla instead jasmine cause you controll board with traps arrows and bow, i never use jasmine ability on Victor while potl has a decent effect in this deck

2) 4 oracle is enough for me as draw in this deck

3) there is no need in x4 of some cards imo - x3 Lily, x3 retreat is enough, you dont want them on your opening hand

4) x3 of some cards allows to add another cards that will hellp, i run x3 aldon and x3 Crimson Vest . (without aldon and fire arrows i guess your sandworms are hard to kill but the opponent sandworms you cant kill too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I save Victor's ability for high HP enemies. His ability ignores armor, fyi, so any 2 attack allie can kill a sandworm.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's potla btw?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    potl - priest of the light