Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    You need Raven Wildheart. It's important to be able to disable allies instead of killing them. Infinite recurring Dark Knights will make your Death Traps meaningless and let's not forget the flood of Gravebones we'll see when 1.5 hits.

Edit: Victor can retrieve any hunter cards now, including armours and weapons? This wasn't possible in 1.29. That's a significant buff.
    But Raven is so fragile in front of GB's DoU, so u will seldom have chance to use raven's ability when the GB packs 4 daggers. Only Worms counter that.
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothguk View Post
    I've tested that Victor can not return his bows from graveyard. They are not Hunter specific items as traps,arrows. They are classified as "Hero Item - Weapon,Bow", not "Hunter Weapon" or something else.
    Oh my bad. Gonna edit my previous post.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    His ability can't but he can with Lily.

Hey Spectrl. What's the KISS tag in front of your decks?
    I assume it is the common acronym "Keep It Simple, Stupid" which is used to describe the no-frills or gimmicks decks that he is making.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    I tried that too, but the opponent always plays snake (so op) then pb or kris then sandworm next turn. Or some variation.
    I know, but there isn't really any way around that with Death Traps. Good opponents can take advantage of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Can victor return SS from graveyard with his ability? Because it's a hunter card, right?
    Victor can only return hunter cards (in this deck, Death Trap and Poison Arrow), which is why Lily is so big.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Hey Spectrl. What's the KISS tag in front of your decks?
    What blueblurr said. The two decks I have posted so far have basically been decks that stick to a simple core strategy which I feel the specific hero is good at. They're intended to do what they do consistantly and reliably. I wasn't planning on calling this deck 'KISS Victor', but it seemed appropriate after completing it.

Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    You need Raven Wildheart. It's important to be able to disable allies instead of killing them. Infinite recurring Dark Knights will make your Death Traps meaningless and let's not forget the flood of Gravebones we'll see when 1.5 hits.
    Raven doesn't disable, so the Plasma Behemoths and Ogloths can still do something. You can play around infinite Dark Knights - it's not ideal but at least you're slowing your opponent down even if they're getting cards. Besides, if you have a Sandworm and Soul Seeker on the board then you're getting a nice heal from them. Raven would be good against some decks, I agree, but Sandworm is just better at the moment to be honest, including against Gravebone. This deck does have weaknesses, it's not tier 1 or anything, but I can't really see a way to make Victor that strong. With his current card pool, he is going to have weakness one way or another, i've just tried to minimise them.
    Last edited by Spectrl; 02-24-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrl View Post
    Victor can only return hunter cards (in this deck, Death Trap and Poison Arrow), which is why Lily is so big.
    Clear. That's why I don't like him. SS is a hunter ONLY weapon, hence hunter card, marked with the hunter class symbol in top right corner. So misleading.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, it is rather misleading, could do with a wording change.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    So wait, victor can bring back ss

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think so, SS is a hunter card. Maybe not I hope I'm not wrong this time LOL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, Victor cannot bring SS back. SS is not a hunter card even though only hunters can use it (like how BE and RLS are not warrior cards even though only warriors can use them). Class cards are the 10 cards that are next to each other in the merchant labelled 'Hunter Ability' or 'Hunter Item'. If a weapon is a class card such as WBT, it would be labelled as such (Wulven Item - Weapon). SS is labelled 'Hero Item'.

Edit: Nice deck btw. Not sure if Lily is worth using but overall it looks good. Just want to say there seems to be no reliable answer to Armoured Sandworm other than retreat. Ever considered Flaming Arrow? And what are your thoughts on Kris considering the synergy with Vic's ability.
    Last edited by pyrogene; 02-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    No, Victor cannot bring SS back. SS is not a hunter card even though only hunters can use it (like how BE and RLS are not warrior cards even though only warriors can use them). Class cards are the 10 cards that are next to each other in the merchant labelled 'Hunter Ability' or 'Hunter Item'. If a weapon is a class card such as WBT, it would be labelled as such (Wulven Item - Weapon). SS is labelled 'Hero Item'.

Edit: Nice deck btw. Not sure if Lily is worth using but overall it looks good. Just want to say there seems to be no reliable answer to Armoured Sandworm other than retreat. Ever considered Flaming Arrow?
    Such a casuistic, formal logic over common sense.