Close

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sever them ties and UNLEASH THE MONSTER!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hm... When oggy has crippling blow attach, does its att increases after crippling blow is removed, providing that allies dies in between the period?
    For example: Oggy is summoned. Opponent put crippling blow on Oggy. After few turns, 3 allies dies, I assume Oggy's hp increases by 3 but attack still remain at 0. Then I use sever ties and free oggy does his attack increase by 3?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, that's the whole premise of the deck. Hence the whole UNLEASH THE MONSTER!!! post above.

So you drop the Sever Ties and all of a sudden your opponent has a 10/13 Oggy to deal with (Or something equally stupid )
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing an almost identical deck and it's tons of fun! But.. the stress is getting to me baaaad. These major come-from-behind wins are taking its toll on my damn nerves though! :P Think I need something that gets rolling a little quicker but with less of a bang... Oggy bombing is rather addicting in and of itself however. Sigh.
    Acolytes of A1.
    Oderint Dum Metuant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordh View Post
    I've been playing an almost identical deck and it's tons of fun! But.. the stress is getting to me baaaad. These major come-from-behind wins are taking its toll on my damn nerves though! :P Think I need something that gets rolling a little quicker but with less of a bang... Oggy bombing is rather addicting in and of itself however. Sigh.
    One thing I would like to reiterate is that oggy bombing should never be your main kill con. In fact, I usually autosac oggy against priests and mages running multiple DoU. Running multiple PBs is just as effective.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really don't like using PBs in my GB deck, brutal minotaur has only one damage less with no extra cc cost (works really well with portal as well). The 2 damage can kind of beat you down if you're not careful though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by artr0x View Post
    I really don't like using PBs in my GB deck, brutal minotaur has only one damage less with no extra cc cost (works really well with portal as well). The 2 damage can kind of beat you down if you're not careful though
    Now with the Portal bug fix, Minotaur lacks punch in a GB deck I find......

I'm all for Molten Destroyers. They're like Deathbone's big flaming brother
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you met mind control before? 1 card, 8 dmg, and kills my ally. That makes elementals almost auto win GB, if you run BM. And PB can split his damage, 4 for an ally, 3 for hero etc. the potential board he provides from surviving one turn is game breaking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    Have you met mind control before? 1 card, 8 dmg, and kills my ally. That makes elementals almost auto win GB, if you run BM. And PB can split his damage, 4 for an ally, 3 for hero etc. the potential board he provides from surviving one turn is game breaking.
    Mindcontroll is actually one of the greatest problems I'm facing right now with my GB deck :/ molten destroyer might be better I suppose, but you got to love the 6 damage + haste though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mindcontroll is actually one of the greatest problems I'm facing right now with my GB deck :/ molten destroyer might be better I suppose, but you got to love the 6 damage + haste though
    PB and oggy doesn't hurt much from an mc, 3 dmg is handlable considering the cc of MC. GB using multiple 5hp and above allies are often too much for elementals to control, considering that GB has natural extra +2 to 3 allies thanks to his ability. Zaladar has natural dominion of 4hp allies + brutalis, but one surging PB can break that control.

I don't have much problems with elementals, mainly because of supernova, DoU and webs.

Btw, 6 dmg with haste is shit when it costs you like 2 cards and 10 cc. An oggy bomb alone will deal a minimum of 8 dmg, plus clearance of the board. A sever ties + ability on a PB or oggy also deals a minimum of 7 damage and grants massive board.

Sorry but portal really sucks. I've mentioned this before. Playing portal makes you play silly allies like belladonna and BM, which cannot stand on their own two feet when there is no portal turn. At crucial turn 4, even casting a portal is severe loss, momentumwise. What if your opponent destroys it? Do you still cast the flimsy belladonna into play? Do you still try to send a BM into ally infested waters? I strongly advice against portal.