Close

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dyny View Post
    Can someone explain to me the purpose of having WT? I've read through the entire forum and yet to understand. Thanks.
    Hmmm...

WT has 2 usages. One is the dream situation, where you get to cast him into an ally-less board. Which essentially gives you at least one card the next turn. Together with research = tons of card advantage.

Secondly, as a meat shield. You have no heals, so any ally you drop, especially with an ability like a WT, will get all the cards thrown on him immediately. Fireball, assassinate, crippling blow, etc. As long as he doesn't get returned to your hand, WT has played its part, which is to absorb damage away from you, and more importantly, the PB/Oggy that you'll be dropping next.

Besides, in a worst case scenario, a turn 5 supernova + return WT to play with Lightning strike in hand, is a very decently strong play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    Hmmm...

WT has 2 usages. One is the dream situation, where you get to cast him into an ally-less board. Which essentially gives you at least one card the next turn. Together with research = tons of card advantage.

Secondly, as a meat shield. You have no heals, so any ally you drop, especially with an ability like a WT, will get all the cards thrown on him immediately. Fireball, assassinate, crippling blow, etc. As long as he doesn't get returned to your hand, WT has played its part, which is to absorb damage away from you, and more importantly, the PB/Oggy that you'll be dropping next.

Besides, in a worst case scenario, a turn 5 supernova + return WT to play with Lightning strike in hand, is a very decently strong play.
    I don't question your usuage of WT, however my concern is according to your play style this card is really worth spending $1600 gold for this type of usage? Given I'm playing your 92% of your cards. In place of WT i'm using DMT which i know sucks. I didn't reallize the importance of DOu so I recently just purchased 1 from my winnings from this deck. Kudos to you. I'll be getting another one as soon as i have $600 gold.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dyny View Post
    I don't question your usuage of WT, however my concern is according to your play style this card is really worth spending $1600 gold for this type of usage? Given I'm playing your 92% of your cards. In place of WT i'm using DMT which i know sucks. I didn't reallize the importance of DOu so I recently just purchased 1 from my winnings from this deck. Kudos to you. I'll be getting another one as soon as i have $600 gold.
    woa okok I didn't realise that you're playing on a budget. I was on a budget for ages as well, so I know EXACTLY how you feel.

This deck is totally viable without WT, you can run DMT, who DOES NOT SUCK. DMT is really good, his ping damage + LS is often a double kill, whether or not he survives. And he shoots past both weapons and armours.

DoU is definitely worth saving for though. Imagine the situation where your opponent drops an Aeon, you cast DoU and bounce him. It is really annoying for him to keep casting an Aeon repeatedly down, and in the mean time, you can flood the board with your own allies. Plus, allies that attack you auto-bounce. It is not an answer for everything, but it is strong. And will always be strong, definitely a good buy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    郑文辉, at your service. Would have thought my name would have given it away.
    One would have thought your name could have been Tay Boon Hwee but for the pinyin emphasis that garment had been stressing in the past. Dialect names are now diminishing.

Back to topic, thanks for sharing the use of Oggy bomb, I never knew that or experienced it before. I suppose in a Wulven deck, one can use that with Crescendo but may not live to see its fruition.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I haven't really bothered too much with GB since the era of KillTrend's fantastic GraveBella deck went away due to grief over the way one of my favorite deck archetypes went *poof* over 'enters play' changing to 'is summoned'.

On the bright side, congratulations Wenhui, you've built something that makes GB fun again.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i'm just curious but why run Plasma behemoth over molten destroyer? I understand that pb can take essentially kill 2 creatures by itself or kill a fatty and bypass cards to hit the hero directly but if you're expecting it to die why not add the ping damage from md? other than that looks like a really fun deck to play. well done.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Omg, just noticed that Research have changed his name, lol.
    The deck sounds good, i'll give it a shot

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Direwulven View Post
    One would have thought your name could have been Tay Boon Hwee but for the pinyin emphasis that garment had been stressing in the past. Dialect names are now diminishing.

Back to topic, thanks for sharing the use of Oggy bomb, I never knew that or experienced it before. I suppose in a Wulven deck, one can use that with Crescendo but may not live to see its fruition.
    Lol garment. White clothing. Hmmm. My name was probably gonna be like that, thank god my chinese parents are very ang moh.

Anyway, Im glad you learnt the oggy bomb. It's fun! I've built giant ass oggies, with nonsense stats of 11/4 using the bomb. Unleashing the monster, on the other hand, has unleashed ridiculous ogloths, and I'm talking average 20/10 oggies. especially against MS decks. Crescendo is too slow IMO, too much investment for something that might not pan out. Oggie bomb isn't entirely for show, it does mean that the board is clear, and I have a nonsensical fatty that must be handled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    Personally I haven't really bothered too much with GB since the era of KillTrend's fantastic GraveBella deck went away due to grief over the way one of my favorite deck archetypes went *poof* over 'enters play' changing to 'is summoned'.

On the bright side, congratulations Wenhui, you've built something that makes GB fun again.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Thanks man. I loved gravebella too. If portal worked with the oggy bomb... Things would never look the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers Shadow View Post
    i'm just curious but why run Plasma behemoth over molten destroyer? I understand that pb can take essentially kill 2 creatures by itself or kill a fatty and bypass cards to hit the hero directly but if you're expecting it to die why not add the ping damage from md? other than that looks like a really fun deck to play. well done.
    There are actually multiple reasons why I run PB, namely:

1. PB bypasses stealth

2. PB is not a good crippling blow option

3. PB can control better, dividing attack and maintaining board the moment he survives on board.

4. Both PB and MD are weak to DoU, people need to realise that the 1 ping damage is not a counter to DoU, but a mere annoyance. As I feel that both PB and MD are no better in this department, I look for PB to provide for me in other departments.

5. I do not fear supernova-Ing my PB. But it irks me to cause myself extra damage from my ally.

6. When PB hits the board and survives, I can save on cards, as a result: resource more and stock on control options, instead of playing more cards per turn. The idea resource count is 7, 11 max (to do a straight up oggy bomb played from hand)

The only usage of MD that I like is when used against human allies, as mass beatings are difficult. Furthermore, lance's flying raven gets a fever when she meets him.

But as raven does not kill PB, he can still throw a free fireball or two, which is a faster result than watching a raven slowly burn her clothes to death... Damn that's hot. (thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week, folks!)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hahahaha. alright gotcha. thanks for the explanation. i was thinking because of the mage and rogue heavy meta right now md's ping would be a consolation to being destroyed and the fire would make people think twice about attacking it but your explanation makes a lot of sense. thanks. i'll try playtesting it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If the Portal mechanic sync'd the way it used to, PB would not be a good choice, and a lot of extant GB theory that is still around the forums pre-current version would find using a PB on a Portal (which all GBs once used, more or less) too large an investment (8 resources for 7 damage in one turn, when two Belladonnas would do 8 for 8 and get you two cards).

I wish newer players (and myself too) had the option to play older versions for fun, as nothing can really explain how GB used to work in text, although if you check on YouTube for KillTrend, you will find a number of commented games of excellent Old-School GB play. That simply doesn't work anymore, though, and so PB by necessity becomes as ace a card for GB as Majiya, in addition to the other points made by Wenhui above.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"