Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

(Finished) Team Juggernauts: Test Server 1.5 Week-long Iron Man Challenge!

Coming Soon... Details to be finalized this Weekend..

The Crown shall be awarded soon...

The pop-up Tourneys has decided its winners..

The Streak Challenge has chosen its streakers(lol)...

One question remains left... ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH!?

The stakes couldn't be any higher folks... This could be the event we've all been waiting for..

Are You READY??? DAMN RIGHT YOU ARE!

So let's get this party started... Stompfest, Slugfest, Beerfest, whatever the hell it is... Prepare for one heck of a ride... AGAIN!

RESERVE those space now and take part of another fun-filled event...

"Pain Heals... Chicks dig scars... GLORY... Lasts Forever!..."

Concept:

PART I:
    Streak Challenge to start this coming Monday February 27th 1am GMT running until Saturday March 3 1am GMT.

PART II:
    8-man Tournament for the top 8 players with the best streak record March 4 5pm GMT.

PART III: (not yet official, but will be announced):
    One way ticket to TJ Gauntlet for the Champion and Runner-up.

Prizes:

Streak:
    The longest streak 2000SC.
    Most different opponents will win 1000SC.
    Most games in total will win 1000SC.
    Most games with alternating heroes (no heroes used twice in a row) 1000SC.
    Most Wins for a Single Hero 1000SC
    Special Awards category to be announced

Tournament:
    1st Place - 2000SC
    2nd Place - 1000SC

Gauntlet:
    1 box of starter boosters + 10,000 SC

Sponosred by Team Juggernauts

Additional sponsors are also welcome
    Last edited by SolarWind; 02-23-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    Team Juggernauts *ForeRunner*

IGN: TJ SO14RWIND
    LEAGUE: Red Division 3

Coming soon: Crown(12) Tournament | TWAIN Tournament | SoW Guild Challenge

“There is a difference between you and me... Yes, we both looked into the Abyss.... but when it looked back at us......you blinked!”

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    PART I: Streak Challenge

How do you take part?

You find an opponent on irc and play two games (one going first, one going second) with a single deck. If you win 2-0, your streak has started. If it's 1-1 then your streak is not lost but not extended. If you lose 2-0 then your streak is over and you need to start a new one.

After each game that didn't end your streak, you find a DIFFERENT opponent. You are free to change your deck between opponents.

If your streak is ended, then you are free to play opponents from your previous streak attempt again, providing that each streak has unique opponents.

Awards/Prizes:

The longest streak 2000SC.
    Most different opponents will win 1000SC.
    Most games in total will win 1000SC.
    Most games with alternating heroes (no heroes used twice in a row) 1000SC.
    Most Wins for a Single Hero 1000SC

Note: There can only be one winner for each prize category, on the event that a player achieves more than 1 category, the other category will be awarded to someone else closest to his record.

We are giving away special prizes for to any match that we found falling into the category (subject to be updated from time to time so make sure to visit this original post if you can):

1. Best come from behind Victory in a single match/round (500 SC)
    2. Best combo pulled in a single match/round (500 SC)
    3. Best damage dealt on a single attack/blow for a single match/round (500 SC)
    4. Win a clean 2-0 match against 3 participating Juggernaut (500 SC)

With the above special prizes I will try my best to look around, well of course being a human alone I may not be around to see your match.. If you think you got what it takes, then post on your reserved space the IGN and what round (1 or 2) then I will review

This challenge runs until until Saturday March 3 1am GMT

PLEASE REPORT RESULTS AS FOLLOWS:

Make ONE post on this thread and progressively update it with your results. I can then easily see the winner at the end. Be sure to give name of your opponent and which hero you used and they used. If you can also rate each match-up from 1-10 for enjoyment that will be very useful.

e.g. GDC (Ter Adun) 0-2 otto7 (Serena) - 8/10

Please be advised that you're streak/opponent will NOT be counted if the opponent does not have a RESERVED space here yet.

This will help me track down who are really participants to the one's that are just passing-by (forced to do a streak).

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INFORM YOUR NEW FOUND OPPONENT(one you just met in chat, etc.) TO AT LEAST REPLY ONCE TO THIS THREAD AND HAVE HIS/HER RESERVED SPACE HERE..

And Dont forget to paste your Nominations for easier review

Thanks and good luck!
    Last edited by SolarWind; 02-27-2012 at 02:29 AM.

“There is a difference between you and me... Yes, we both looked into the Abyss.... but when it looked back at us......you blinked!”

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    PART II: Tournament ... It's your TIME... to SHINE!

Well time for us to move on to the 2nd Part of our Iron Man Event folks..

While I am going through a hell of a lot matches from our dedicated participants. I came across an Idea of giving a chance to our folks who was not able to join the streak challenge, but are most willing to share a portion of their time this coming weekend

Yes I know, a lot of you has been begging me to make their weekend lively... so here is my response to those...

Hence, We are opening a new 16-man registration for a different bracket to willing participants out there Please read through the guides to find out how to register

Unfortunately I have to trim down a bit on prizes as I am a bit depleted already (w/ the bonus SC still being awaited from physical cards delivery). Unless of course there are willing additional sponsors out there

Either way, Heads-up people and enjoy the ride!

1. BANS:
    No heroes are banned

2. GENERAL RULES:
    You must be signed into irc.freenode.net, channel #tournament at March 4, Sunday 5:00 GMT+0 or you risk losing your spot in the tournament. Participants are required to report at IRC 4:30pm GMT or earlier, otherwise You will get a technical lose.

Participation in this event will take up a lot of time. Roughly 3-4 hours. If you are not flexible to play and be online or have a very busy life schedule, please do not apply.
    All matches will be played on v1.5

Seeding in the tournament will be random. I know it's usually based on ranking, but I would like to try it out this way to give weaker players an higher chance to advance a round.

Accepting a maximum of 16 participants only. If less than 16 signup, players will be randomly given a first round "bye".

Players may NOT change Hero or any cards in-between any game or match. Players are required to play the entire tournament with the Hero and exact same cards you used in initial tournament game.

Cheaters (those caught changing cards in-between games) will be disqualified and banned from all future tournaments. If you
    suspect cheating, make a formal report and PM it to Tournament Organizer.

All matches will be best of three. Alternate who goes first in games 1 and 2. In case of a game 3 both players need to mutually discuss via PM on who is will represent letter A or B. Either of the participant will then ask the chatroom to choose a letter (A or B). The first response they get from the chat wil get to go First.
    If there is a sync/freeze error or draw, game will be replayed.

3. C7 RNB RULES v1.5:
    Reasonably Noticeable Bug (RNB) - an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in the Shadow Era computer program that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes a game action to behave in unintended ways. It is capable to be noticed by both players during a game and by an official ref during replay.

At any point during the game, either player (or official ref watching game live) may point out a bug, describe what they believe to be an error, and request draw. The player may accept or decline draw request. If draw request is accepted, game will be replayed.
    If opponent disagrees a bug occurred, and no official ref is present to verify if a bug occurred, both players must continue and play the game out. After the game, either players may seek counsel of an official ref to review the game to determine if a bug occurred. The official ref will determine if a bug occurred. If official ref verifies a bug occurred, game will be replayed. If official ref sees no bug occurred, original results of game will be considered valid.

If a reasonably noticeable bug is confirm to have occurred during a game, but both players failed to notice, all requests for a replay are denied after the conclusion of the game. All requests for a replay due to reasonably noticeable bug errors must be made during game. If a game is completed and no claims are made during game, results of the game are final.
    If the last action of a game is a reasonably noticeable bug, causing the game to suddenly end unexpectedly, game will be replayed.

If a player intentionally produces a SE confirmed bug, they forfeit any request for a replay due to the bug intentionally produced.
    For bugs that are easily reproducible, players are asked to refrain from intentionally producing the bug (if possible) or not to included the cards that produce bugs from their decklist . See bug thread for more information on confirmed bugs.
    Players who intentionally or unintentionally produce bugs may be disqualified based on Tournament Organizer's discretion.

4. REPORTING RULES:
    Winning player is required to submit match results
    Report result in this thread AND in the Z33k website (more on this down below).
    Example - "Bluejet24 vs. chanson311: 1 - 2 - chanson311 wins.

Any other match disputes or concerns should be send via PM to Tournament Organizer

5. REGISTRATION:

A pre-determined list of 8 players from the streak challenge will battle it out for their own bracket championship.

Incase a streak-qualified paticipant decides not to join the 8-man tourney anymore, the participant is welcome to choose a representative(his champion) to play his role on the tourney. This must be announced and replied to the thread NO Later than Sunday 3pm GMT (2 hours before the tourney).

A Registration shall open for a seperate bracket of 16-participants, registration will start at Saturday 5pm GMT onwards. Only a maximum of 16 participants shall be accepted for this New bracket and the rest of the registrants will be queued. One may register by replying to thread with his Test Server IGN name.

For players who failed to show-up, their spot shall be given to the substitute players in line.

For cases that a 16-man registration failed to progress, this will be trimmed down to 8-man instead and the rest of the registrants will be queued as substitutes.

6. PAIRINGS AND SEEDING:
    The pairings for the 8-man tourney shall be based on the streak challenge performance.

The pairings for the 16-man tourney shall be decided randomly using a bracket randomer.

All brackets/pairings will be posted before the tournament starts and as it progress.

7. SCHEDULE:
    All matches must be completed ASAP. This tournament is intended to be completed within one day.

8-man Tournament:
    Round 1 (estimated): 5:00 PM GMT+0
    Round 2 (estimated): 6:00 PM GMT+0
    Finals (estimated): 7:00 PM GMT+0

16-man Tournament:
    Round 1 (estimated): 5:00 PM GMT+0
    Round 2 (estimated): 6:00 PM GMT+0
    Round 3 (estimated): 7:00 PM GMT+0
    Finals (estimated): 8:00 PM GMT+0

8. PRIZES:

8-man Tourney:
    1st place: 1500 SC
    2nd place: 1000 SC

16-man Tourney:
    1st place: 800 SC
    2nd place: 500 SC

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST: (OPTIONAL ONLY)

The Winner of the 8-man Tourney is proclaimed as the Ultimate Iron-Man Champion. He is welcome to challenge the winner of the 16-man tournament to defend his title. +1000SC.. But, please take note that this is optional and up to the reigning Ultimate Iron-Man champ

Also, please note that should a challenge take place, both champions are welcome to do their match at their preferred period of time... (Im hearing best of 5?? or 7??, its up to you guys.. just save the replay for us :P )

8-man Tourney participants (w/ streak wins):
    CWhit 10
    Eliona 7
    Portgaz D'Ace 6
    Pjoe 5
    Barcafan 4
    Rayzie 4
    Busti 4
    Dharvo 4

16-man Tourney participants:
    Airact
    SamuelJ
    OgAusp
    Last edited by SolarWind; 03-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Current Gauntlet prize is x1 box of starter boosters + 10,000 SC
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Longest Streak:10
    Current Streak:10
    Games Played: 12
    Different Opponents: 12

Cwhit (DC) 1:1 Hendrickson (Elad)
    Cwhit (Amber) 2 : 0 Marcus (Serena)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 Seragyn (MS)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 SamuelJ (Lance)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 Fou (BB)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 Solar (Zhanna)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 Shadowtide (Elad)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 Busti (Elad)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 eightohtwo (Maj)
    Cwhit (Maj) 1 : 1 hairyskinbac (GB)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 OGausp (Serena)
    Cwhit (Maj) 2 : 0 Mew (MS)

Cool combo vs Busti involving DoU
    Last edited by Cwhittastic; 03-02-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    A1's Noble Assassin
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    IGN: A1 CwhitTastic

Hall of Fame member - Highest Rated Players
    Crown 12 6Class Champion
    SamJ's Backyard Brawl Champion
    1.5 Iron Man Streak Champion
    Season 4 Blue Div1 Champion
    Pop-Up Tourney Champion x1
    3 Hero Challenge Finalist
    A1 Internal tourney finalist
    Twain Tourney w/Busti Finalist

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    painful

1-1 vs hendrickson
    1-1 vs shadowtide
    2-0 samualj
    2-0 A1 busti
    2-0 testies
    2-0 aa1-hairyskinbac

2-0 vs tj-eightohtwo

last match started b4 deadline and ended 7 minutes after deadline

streak of 5*
    Last edited by pjoe0211; 03-03-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best Streak: 0
    Opponents Played: 2

SolarWind(Zhanna) 0 - 2 CWhit (Majiya)
    SolarWind(Zhanna) 1 - 1 Pipepoker (Zaladar)
    SolarWind(Zhanna) 2 - 0 A1-Bustio (Gravebone)
    SolarWind(Zhanna) 2 - 0 Hendrickson(Gravebone) +1 Draw.. GGs
    SolarWind(Zhanna) 0 - 2 SamuelJ (Lance)
    Last edited by SolarWind; 03-03-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd love to participate but I'm working night shifts when that pop up is planned

Can I participate only in the streak part?
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    I'd love to participate but I'm working night shifts when that pop up is planned

Can I participate only in the streak part?
    Sure thing Doc.. you still get the prize if ever..

I'll review, incase you win, if it can be assigned instead to a fella of your choice.... Though, in fairness sake, the tourney slot would most probably awarded to the nearest guy with the closest streak. Will finalize the details this weekend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeh, that's fine - give it to the next deserving participant, not who I choose. That's the fairest way to do it
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners