Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2, 3, 4 Rule

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    awesome work!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Turbo Stasis was very mean. I did rip through it with my Necro deck during Black Summer, though

Back to the article, I agree with the OP in most senses. Other than ER, it is never okay to run a single copy of a card. Most games last through about 20 cards' worth of drawing. That means no matter what, you have a 50% chance of never seeing that card at any point in the game; and, if it's such a casual writeoff to only draw it in half of your games, then it shouldn't be in your deck, anyway.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Turbo Stasis was very mean. I did rip through it with my Necro deck during Black Summer, though

Back to the article, I agree with the OP in most senses. Other than ER, it is never okay to run a single copy of a card. Most games last through about 20 cards' worth of drawing. That means no matter what, you have a 50% chance of never seeing that card at any point in the game; and, if it's such a casual writeoff to only draw it in half of your games, then it shouldn't be in your deck, anyway.
    Or you have it just for cuteness's sake. Like SSSSingle Firessssnake.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Addendum:

I believe if you're playing a highly tuned deck that should really be less than 40 cards, it's okay to add simple, cheap cantrip effects at 1x.

For example, you have a very tuned Eladwen deck but really only need 39 cards for perfect flow. Adding in 1x Campfire Stories means you either draw it as a no-brainer sac early on, keeping your good cards in hand; or; you play it, cheaply, later on to draw the card you really need. And, who knows, the non-cantrip portion of the effect may be, situationally, useful. Basically it functions as a cheap "passer through" type of card, raising consistency, without getting in the way of tempo.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    In regards to cards that I may have 1 copy of I have compiled a list:

Hero
    (general fatties for Gravebone)
    Enrage
    War Banner
    Rapid Fire
    Hunter items in a Victor deck
    Regeneration
    Resurrection
    Eternal Renewal
    Nova Infusion
    Armour in a item recycling build
    Night Prowler
    Legion United
    Twice Enchanted Robe (reserve draw engine Vs pinging heroes)
    Spelleater Bands
    Golden Katar (backup weapon to increase odds of getting any 5cc weapon earlier)

Many of these are bad match up cards that can also be recycled after used.
    Last edited by Keaven; 06-12-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post

How does DnD know about turbo stasis? He must have been 3 years old when people were playing that.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Horrible article. 4 of.... you missed the most important one... when you add it I'll give it a thumbs up...
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    turbo stasis..? pfft! academy FTW!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Going to necro this... How does this rule fit in with the Rule of 6? Like if you want six 2cc allies but you favor one over the other, so it's a 4-2 split, does it violate the 2-3-4 rule? That ally isn't going to WIN me games but it IS helpful.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...