Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Era evolution by IronClash

I have been playing Shadow Era for a while now and I really enjoy the game. I have a good friend who I recruited and we both play on a regular basis. We have constructed several decks and had more head to head games then I can count. My friend and I are both veterans of World Of Warcraft, Star Wars The Old Republic, Age of Conan and many more online games and there is a few suggestions we came up with to make the game more robust.

1. TEAM PLAY
    Like me I am sure many Shadow Era players play online with friends, most use Ventrillo, Team speak or some form of voice over IP software to talk with friends while they play. Team play is a logical evolution to make in an online game like Shadow Era. Giving the players the option to group up with a friend for 2v2 battles coupled with a ranking system to give players a feeling of competition and achievement would really take Shadow Era to a new level.

2. RANDOM DECK
    I suggest a "Random deck" button when playing quick matches Vs. online opponents. For those of us who play regularly we have many different decks. It would be fun and challenging to be able to choose a deck at random when launching a quick match or creating a game with friends.

3. FRIENDS LIST
    A basic feature of any online game. To be able to see when your friends come online and being able to invite them to a chat, send them messages when they are offline or challenge them to a game is a great feature.

4. PC CLIENT
    I know Shadow Era is a multiple platform game but I am sure most serious players are using a desktop, laptop or tablet to play. I myself play using the PC. Even using 1680x1050 resolution and the graphics quality set to fantastic the game graphics look blurred like a low res image stretched just a little to much. Even so this game has incredible art work and fantastic character portraits. I would suggest that higher resolution backgrounds and cards on the pc client would really give the game a WOW factor.

Wulven has done a great job so far. I really like this game and I will continue to play for a long time to come and I hope the game continues to evolve.

IronClash

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Number 4 exsists btw. It is on the dl page on the main website. Number 3 was also on the ts a while ago. So I guess it has been put on the backburner for now.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Team play mode where you have more than 2 people in a match is in the works.

Random decks are interesting. By random deck, I presume a deck randomly selected from all of your saved decks? Or how did you picture the idea?

Friends list will be coming in the near future. Once we have the next update out, we can start implementing new features such as this.

Higher resolution assets are implemented in the next update so you'll see a sharper interface and cards soon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post

Random decks are interesting. By random deck, I presume a deck randomly selected from all of your saved decks? Or how did you picture the idea?

Friends list will be coming in the near future. Once we have the next update out, we can start implementing new features such as this.

Higher resolution assets are implemented in the next update so you'll see a sharper interface and cards soon.
    I think he means AnAdolt if he has builds for every hero, but then to add a bit variety for a quick play, the server randomly selects the deck he has to use. This could be great for a torny idea going forward...you have to build for every hero but the server selects the deck you play for each round. Or you get the function to select 6/7 decks the server can select from.

I could be wrong, but thats how i read it.

Hope everyone is cool.
    "fairwell, friend. I was a thousand times more evil than thou!"

Proud member of ETC
    1.28 Tournament winner
    Entertaining the Cosmos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Teamplay is in the works? Thats really neat!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Team play is in the works? That's the best news I had all day I can't wait to play 2 vs 2 matches (I did it alot when I still played Yu-Gi-Oh with friends )
    ASF: A Strong Family
    Never forget:The game isn't over until your health hits 0.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Team play will be interesting
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Random Decks

Yea i was thinking randomly select from your pre constructed existing decks. I think it would be alot of fun going into a match blind not knowing what your strat will be and how the game will unfold.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    Number 4 exsists btw. It is on the dl page on the main website. Number 3 was also on the ts a while ago. So I guess it has been put on the backburner for now.

I am curious, I am looking at the download page and all i see is the PC Client "PC: ShadowEra1292.exe - 60mb" which is fine but graphically lacks the eye popping high res art work that I really want to see. So much effort has gone into all the art work in the game so it makes me alittle sad to see what looks like a 640X480 image stretched to 1680x1050. I am not putting down the game, just saying I would really want to showcase all the great art work in the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good suggestions,I agree with the OP